Help profundity unlock

I am struggling so much with the unlock. It took me like 10 times to get tier 1. I am now on tier 2 one time I was doing really well, but then things fell apart in a matter of like 3 turns.

I get this event is designed to be hard but my ships power levels are well above the recommended level, besides the y wing but I can't change that.

Replies

• Options
    Try outrider, y-wing and cassian starting.
    Call Outrider for a double attack to start.
    Use Outrider repair first up to get back to it as quickly as possible.
    Use cassian to either call Outrider assist, or cleanse buzzdroids off y-wing.
    Ghost first reinforce, and call Outrider.

Cassian starting is weird, but seems to work for most of the unlock tiers.
  • Options
    Try outrider, y-wing and cassian starting.
    Call Outrider for a double attack to start.
    Use Outrider repair first up to get back to it as quickly as possible.
    Use cassian to either call Outrider assist, or cleanse buzzdroids off y-wing.
    Ghost first reinforce, and call Outrider.

Cassian starting is weird, but seems to work for most of the unlock tiers.

I'll try that and let you know
  • Options
    It worked after like 3 tries, sometimes they absolutely demolished the y wing. I think it should really be buffed more. But I was able to beat tier 3 in 1 try and tier 4 took a couple. Honestly who designs an event that's supposed to be harder but makes the 2nd tier harder than the 3rd and fourth. Like what logic is that.

I tried the bonus tier but I only had enough resources to get all abilities to level 3 or 4. But I bought that ridiculous crystal pack for 10 shards because I had the crystals. I can honestly buy it again but not sure I want to spend 2000 plus crystals for 20 shards.
  • Options
    For the bonus tier
    * start Y-Wing, Outrider, Ghost
    * open defensively with Outrider & Profundity buff specials
    * if you lose a ship before first reinforcement, re-start
    * Cassian as first reinforcement and assist call Outrider
    * objective is to survive to Profundity ultimate and then mop up
  • Jimster1
    174 posts Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    For the bonus tier
    * start Y-Wing, Outrider, Ghost
    * open defensively with Outrider & Profundity buff specials
    * if you lose a ship before first reinforcement, re-start
    * Cassian as first reinforcement and assist call Outrider
    * objective is to survive to Profundity ultimate and then mop up

Yeah about that, I don't think it's going to happen. My fleet gets destroyed before I can even use my ult.

Why does CG make this stuff so flipping hard? I already spent a huge amount of time investing in omicrons, zeta, relic materials for this and its stupidly hard, especially for something only available once a month. It would not be too bad if it happened more often but wow.

I tried what you said and it doesn't work I can not kill Bossk. Even if I use my ult he will not die and has full health. Also when I get my ult I likely have 1 ship left maybe 2, typically cassian and Biggs but cassians weak and dies of a seismic and Biggs is just a tank so he can't help me and dies a turn or two later.

It's frustrating because I could have been spending my time farming other things but I like the rebels and I decided to get a fancy new capital ship just to watch as I can't even get the shards I need to make it better. This is so disappointing.
  • Options
    It’s probably the most frustrating event in the game, not the hardest but most irritating and RNG dependent.

I have a different strategy, here’s mine:

1. Starting lineup is Biggs, Y-Wing, Outrider. Cassian U-Wing and Ghost as most important reinforcements
    2. Strategy is a combination of destroy Xanadu Blood immediately, then play defense while building to your ultimate as quickly as possible. I like Biggs as third starting ship to help take heat off Y-Wing, as this ship will remain an important piece to your defensive scheme since it passively heals protection.
    3. Battle begins… Use profundity’s special to mark XB.
    4. Use Outrider’s defensive special to gain T-Up as its first move. This prevents Boba from inflicting Ability Block.
    5. Focus down XB. Call in Ghost, which calls Outrider to assist. I prefer to call Ghost over Cassian U-Wing because Ghost’s second special (AoE), when you get around to it, can get multiple crits, building ultimate charge. If you can’t focus down XB while it’s marked, restart the battle and try this again.
    6. Continue to play defensively, using Outrider’s heal as often as you can.
    7. If you’re lucky-ish, you’ve killed XB while it was marked, made it to ultimate, and still have your Y-Wing and Outrider, and at least one other ship. If you’ve done this, you should very likely win.

Let us know how it goes.

If you prefer to see YouTube videos, I recommend BitDynasty for everything related to fleet strategies.
  • Jimster1
    174 posts Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Dwinkelm wrote: »
    It’s probably the most frustrating event in the game, not the hardest but most irritating and RNG dependent.

1. Starting lineup is Biggs, Y-Wing, Outrider. Cassian U-Wing and Ghost as most important reinforcements
    2. Strategy is a combination of destroy Xanadu Blood immediately, then play defense while building to your ultimate as quickly as possible. I like Biggs as third starting ship to help take heat off Y-Wing, as this ship will remain an important piece to your defensive scheme since it passively heals protection.
    4. Use Outrider’s defensive special to gain T-Up as its first move. This prevents Boba from inflicting Ability Block.
    5. Focus down XB. Call in Ghost, which calls Outrider to assist. I prefer to call Ghost over Cassian U-Wing because Ghost’s second special (AoE), when you get around to it, can get multiple crits, building ultimate charge. If you can’t focus down XB while it’s marked, restart the battle and try this again.
    7. If you’re lucky-ish, you’ve killed XB while it was marked, made it to ultimate, and still have your Y-Wing and Outrider, and at least one other ship. If you’ve done this, you should very likely win.

Let us know how it goes.

If you prefer to see YouTube videos, I recommend BitDynasty for everything related to fleet strategies.

Unfortunately I ran out of the materials yo upgrade abilities I've been buying them when I can. Honestly this is probably my problem with the bonus tier. I don't have stranded I don't have the stealth dispel and msrk
    Post edited by Jimster1 on
  • Options
    Oh you absolutely need the stealth dispel, basically zero chance without it. Save up some ship credits and unlock those abilities and give it a shot next month. Good luck!
  • Options
    Oh you absolutely need the stealth dispel, basically zero chance without it. Save up some ship credits and unlock those abilities and give it a shot next month. Good luck!

Thanks. I am buying the 10 whenever I can, even going as far to buy a refreshment. Luckily the other ship events drop it and I should have it all done by the next go around. Also luckily I had like 2600 crystals and bought 20 shards.
  • Options

Let us know how it goes.

I second this, especially step 4 - I used to no do this, but by doing this, I manage to win the battle in more instances. Good luck.
  • Options
    i usually skip that event lol but once in a while i play it. i have to start wedge. i have no idea why, he usually dies, but for some odd reason its the only thing that consistently worked for me.
  • Options
    I was able to beat it fairly easy and I saved crystals so I was able to buy enough of the packs to get to 5 stars.