Ultimate events are too difficult for SLKR and Rey

Fantastic_Kleo
100 posts Member
edited December 2023
To get an ult for any legend, it is enough to upgrade the legends to G12 or R1 and give the minimum modules. But for the ultimate for Kylo and Rey, you need to upgrade them to R7 and give them the best speed top modules. Although these legends have long lost their value and are not able to withstand new legends or characters with omicrons.
When does these events ease?
@CG_SBCrumb, @CG_Tusken_Meathead
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Options
    I agree with the guy in the topic, Rey's event is slkr, they are the most difficult ones, the others are easy, I'm on my 5th legend, and I've never seen an event as difficult as the two mentioned above.
  • Options
    As someone who just unlocked Rey only to fail the first two ultimate missions, I agree. I just don't understand the reasoning, essentially losing two ultimate fights felt like I wasted 4-6 days worth of spending all my normal energy. It's a super feel bad moment that is out of place given the ease other GLs have in that regard.
  • Fellah
    56 posts Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    There’s a looot of videos where you can check strategy, mods, gear, etc. to complete those ultimate tiers without losing any ticket. I don’t think there’s any need to change them.. just search information and do them safely.
  • Options
    To get an ult for any legend, it is enough to upgrade the legends to G12 or R1 and give the minimum modules. But for the ultimate for Kylo and Rey, you need to upgrade them to R7 and give them the best speed top modules. Although these legends have long lost their value and are not able to withstand new legends or characters with omicrons.

Why would you leave a GL at g12 or R1?
  • Options
    Actually Slkr ult challenge is really easy. I can't remember if it was Bitdynasty or Ahnold but their video gave exactly how to beat it. I just did it a few months ago and was easier than SEE or JML. Didn't need great speed mods or anything.
    I would recommend getting the gl up to r5 - r7 before trying though.
  • Options
    I agree with the guy in the topic, Rey's event is slkr, they are the most difficult ones, the others are easy, I'm on my 5th legend, and I've never seen an event as difficult as the two mentioned above.

I think what you see with every GL event after the first two is that CG agreed that they made them harder than they should have been after the PITA of gearing up 14 toons to massive levels - some just absurd since they served no purpose in the process other than simply 'doing it'. So, the rest of the events are easier as a result.

As for why they don't change the first two? Well, that's their pattern. Since others unlocked them that way they feel it's unfair to those people so the event remains as is. Are they harder than they need to be? No one is going to argue that they aren't. However look at the more absurd events like GAS which they never changed. Doing them over and over to get the rare RNG that allows you through.

But let's be real here. Are they harder than they need to be? Yes. Are they too hard to unlock, absolutely not. They are just set up in a way that gives the event RNG enough of variation that they actually can win. Think of it this way, Those 2 events required 2 loose tries to unlock the ultimate as opposed to later toons. Would you feel better if they made it easier, but made you do it 2 more times?
  • Options
    I remember getting stuck on Tier 6 of the SLKR event. I had to change strategy and focus on health rather than speed/offense. Did not lose once after this.

I used the method below. You ramp up SLKR's health and he becomes unkillable by the end of the battle

https://i.redd.it/bzdz18h4shy41.png

2m0d7pn9y0iw.jpg
  • Options
    So CG spoon feeds new players gls and now they need the events to be dumbed down as well. The same events that 1000s of other players have done before them? Maybe the next $10 pack can include ultimate mats as well.
  • Options
    To get the ultimate for SLKR and Rey you need 10 attempts each. There are no normal guides for obtaining them, since they require ideal modules. In total, we end up with wasted attempts due to the fact that the developers don’t want new players to give out ultimates so easily to these 2 legends. It is for them that they could make sure that attempts are not wasted. As for GAS and Aphra.
  • Options
    Wait until you try to unlock Leia lol
  • Options
    Rey’s ult tier is tough. Definitely requires a re-mod, and even then, sometimes they just whack one of your units out if the gate, essentially making it a loss. Just finished it this week. Glad to never have to so it again.
  • Options
    Here’s a pro tip I didn’t figure out until my second GL farm:

Try to plan ahead for how much gear/zetas you’ll need, to immediately take a GL to as high a relic level as possible, after you unlock them. Start working on a top tier mod set for your GL, before you unlock them. You always want to have your GL at R7-9 with top tier mods anyway, so just plan for it. Why would you want a GL at g12 with crap mods? It would be a tremendous waste, might as well not even have it.

Yes the Rey unlock is a bit more challenging out of the three GLs I’ve unlocked so far, but honestly it’s not really all that hard once you get it dialed in. I dropped two battles at the beginning and then once I got the hang of it and got Rey’s GL unique zeta, I cruised through the rest of it. I did it without zetas on anyone but Rey. Use Rey, RHF, RHP, JTR, BB8. Watch BitDynasty’s guide on YT and learn the strategy. You really want Rey at R7+ for the ultimate tier and honestly you should be taking her to R9 as soon as you possibly can. The zetas I did it with are Lifeblood, Whirlwind, Lead, and Galactic Legend, you don’t need the other two, but I would say all four of those are fairly important. You could probably get by without the Leadership, it just gives you an extra failsafe. The other three I listed are pretty much essential.

All that being said, the ticket grind is the worst part of the game by far, as far as I can tell, reviled by the entire player base. I’d love to see it trashed entirely and just replaced by energy cost for the battles, but I’m sure everyone who already unlocked GLs would throw a huge hissy fit, so don’t expect it to happen.

And for your next GL, just plan ahead.
  • Options
    To get the ultimate for SLKR and Rey you need 10 attempts each. There are no normal guides for obtaining them, since they require ideal modules. In total, we end up with wasted attempts due to the fact that the developers don’t want new players to give out ultimates so easily to these 2 legends. It is for them that they could make sure that attempts are not wasted. As for GAS and Aphra.

What do you mean 'normal guide'? Are you saying you need a guide for doing the event with bad or no mods? That's not a thing. Mods are a huge part of the game and they are vital to formulating and executing any given strategy for any given event. If you don't have ideal mods, you'll experience more failed attempts. It's probably still doable, but you're going to struggle and lose a lot more tickets.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    Watch videos from CC’s that walk you through modding and strategy. If you’re not taking your GL’s to R7 at minimum you’re doing something wrong as many take GL’s to R9.
  • Options
    Watch videos from CC’s that walk you through modding and strategy. If you’re not taking your GL’s to R7 at minimum you’re doing something wrong as many take GL’s to R9.

Exactly. Specifically: Rey, Jabba, Leia, LV, and JML all really benefit from R9. JMK and SLKR can probably hang out at R8 for the most part, and SEE does just fine at R7.
  • Options
    cboath7 wrote: »
    I think what you see with every GL event after the first two is that CG agreed that they made them harder than they should have been after the PITA of gearing up 14 toons to massive levels - some just absurd since they served no purpose in the process other than simply 'doing it'. So, the rest of the events are easier as a result.

As for why they don't change the first two? Well, that's their pattern. Since others unlocked them that way they feel it's unfair to those people so the event remains as is. Are they harder than they need to be? No one is going to argue that they aren't. However look at the more absurd events like GAS which they never changed. Doing them over and over to get the rare RNG that allows you through.

But let's be real here. Are they harder than they need to be? Yes. Are they too hard to unlock, absolutely not. They are just set up in a way that gives the event RNG enough of variation that they actually can win. Think of it this way, Those 2 events required 2 loose tries to unlock the ultimate as opposed to later toons. Would you feel better if they made it easier, but made you do it 2 more times?

Came here to say this. Rey and SLKR were not my first GL's, so I was taken by the difficulty too, but if you look at it (I know a lot of players won't), it's actually beneficial because it requires you to think, learn how the kits work, how the team comps work, and how the event abilities can be manipulated. It's a puzzle (much like Conquest), and once you figure it out, it's easy. I'd share a video a friend did w/ no mods on half his squad just to show that modding doesn't matter for this, it's all strat, all thinking. If more people would look at the kits when putting them together, they'd learn the squads easier.

• Options
    ItsNotMe wrote: »
    Here’s a pro tip I didn’t figure out until my second GL farm:

Try to plan ahead for how much gear/zetas you’ll need, to immediately take a GL to as high a relic level as possible, after you unlock them. Start working on a top tier mod set for your GL, before you unlock them. You always want to have your GL at R7-9 with top tier mods anyway, so just plan for it. Why would you want a GL at g12 with crap mods? It would be a tremendous waste, might as well not even have it.

And for your next GL, just plan ahead.

Been doing this for my GL's or for any character I'm farming, and while it does kinda suck, it's worth it to save up and then *BAM* r7 unlock. It's worth the trouble, better than struggling through each tier at like g12 because you rushed the unlock and don't have enough gear.
  • Options
    What do you mean 'normal guide'? Are you saying you need a guide for doing the event with bad or no mods? That's not a thing. Mods are a huge part of the game and they are vital to formulating and executing any given strategy for any given event. If you don't have ideal mods, you'll experience more failed attempts. It's probably still doable, but you're going to struggle and lose a lot more tickets.

Why then don’t the developers make the same difficulty for other legends? Either the same difficulty for all legends, or refund of tickets for a failed attempt for these two legends. But we will not see either one or the other.

• Options

Why then don’t the developers make the same difficulty for other legends? Either the same difficulty for all legends, or refund of tickets for a failed attempt for these two legends. But we will not see either one or the other.

They made a single tier difficult (more accurately they made it a puzzle) for Leia and the community has had a full on melt down over it. Making all of them difficult or more prone to RNG losses would have a hugely negative impact on the community. Tweaking the existing ones to be super easy would have a similar effect on all the people that struggled through the unlock but eventually got it done.

The good news is that there are currently 101282 Reys in the game at or above G13, and 172920 SLKRs in the game at or above G13 according to swgoh.gg, so however bad you think it is, at least that many other people have done it. Come join us. They're both great GLs and you won't regret the effort :smile:
  • Options

Why would you get slkr and not take him to at least r7 anyway?

Or any GL for that matter.
  • Fantastic_Kleo
    100 posts Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

Because the game drops few resources to give out R7+ immediately after opening without savings.
    All kyrotechs are used to upgrade new units to g11.
  • palasypalass
    59 posts Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Rey event is omega hard without some zetas, even with my best mods, i dont think its doable without whirlwind zeta and its very hard if you dont have hero poe and hero finn zetas, but im manage to do it zerging slkr with 5 zetas on my r8 rey and 2 zetas on jtr, zeros zetas on finn, poe and bb8.
    edit: its not 100% if kylo keeps going for finn, if the rng is really bad you will lose.
  • Options

Because the game drops few resources to give out R7+ immediately after opening without savings.
    All kyrotechs are used to upgrade new units to g11.

That's why most people tend to stock-pile those materials before the unlock. There's nothing in the game to tell you that you should do this, but after you unlock your first GL, you figure it out pretty quickly.