Mythic tier of Endor Escalation has insulting rewards.

I don’t know which intern came up with the rewards but compared to Smugglers Run II they are an insult. The event is borderline worth playing. You get 1 omicron and then about 75 crystals worth of other stuff. Compare that to Smugglers Run II which is the main source of mod materials for those that have it unlocked. Why the difference?

Replies

• Options
    A slap in the face? Are they great? No. But it's basically more free stuff from something you were going to do anyway.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    I'll ask Meathead to give your rewards to me
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Tell me who you put the omicron on in august of 2025.
  • Options
    Olddumper wrote: »

You have the option of not doing it at all if you feel insulted.

I could get behind a push to let us run the event twice, like we do SR2. But how you're insulted by free stuff (almost all of which you probably need) is beyond me.

75 crystals? I got 260 crystals worth of bronze wire this morning (13 BWs) which is not to mention all the other stuff I got. I do wish the rewards didn't have such a big variance, or the possibility of getting 0 on any of them - but it's really strange to me that anyone thinks this is insulting.

I'm happy to have one more omicron a month. I'd be more happy with 2, sure. But like how are you actually mad about this? What is it you think you SHOULD be getting?
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    This is just another event that gets us omicron materials. It all adds up so I don't see why anyone would complain.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    vb4b2l0ohfnr.jpg
    designing a GL only event with this level of garbage rewards is insulting.
    we get 4 omis a week from GC alone . free.
    I get enough datapads for bw salvage in a day on ls 7b for free. zero crystals worth.
    none of the rewards are worth a single crystal.
    comparison ? check SR2 rewards.
  • Options

I could get behind a push to let us run the event twice, like we do SR2. But how you're insulted by free stuff (almost all of which you probably need) is beyond me.

75 crystals? I got 260 crystals worth of bronze wire this morning (13 BWs) which is not to mention all the other stuff I got. I do wish the rewards didn't have such a big variance, or the possibility of getting 0 on any of them - but it's really strange to me that anyone thinks this is insulting.

I'm happy to have one more omicron a month. I'd be more happy with 2, sure. But like how are you actually mad about this? What is it you think you SHOULD be getting?

Running it more frequently is essentially the same as increasing the rewards since you can auto the event. Mad isn’t the right word either, confused is more like it. If Jabba set a new standard where GL get an accompanying event why not make them someplace near on Par with each other. If they 5x the rewards for Endor and I had to pick between it and Smugglers Run I would still pick smugglers no question. It’s just tone def from CG like they don’t understand the value of the items they are placing in the event.
  • Options
    vormir wrote: »
    vb4b2l0ohfnr.jpg
    designing a GL only event with this level of garbage rewards is insulting.
    we get 4 omis a week from GC alone . free.
    I get enough datapads for bw salvage in a day on ls 7b for free. zero crystals worth.
    none of the rewards are worth a single crystal.
    comparison ? check SR2 rewards.

ccv3th6tzenc.jpeg

Exactly this. This is pretty much the actual rewards. Everything else has very little to no value in the big picture.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options

I know I'll have one more than you will
  • Options

I know I'll have one more than you will

Just be careful not to waste it. You won’t have 2 more than me until may of 2027. I wouldn’t want you to waste all the mats you get from now until December of 2028 on one of those 3 omicron toons that falls out of favor.

Should 5 years of grinding this event really be just enough for you to fully load Ben Solo.
  • Options

Running it more frequently is essentially the same as increasing the rewards since you can auto the event. Mad isn’t the right word either, confused is more like it. If Jabba set a new standard where GL get an accompanying event why not make them someplace near on Par with each other. If they 5x the rewards for Endor and I had to pick between it and Smugglers Run I would still pick smugglers no question. It’s just tone def from CG like they don’t understand the value of the items they are placing in the event.

Jabba didn't set a new standard though. Jabba set a precedent that GLs could have their own dedicated event, but the operative word is 'could'. SR2 set a precedent that rewards from such an event COULD be as good as SR2 - but this was never established or acknowledged by CG as any kind of standard for future content.

If they never added EE3 but just gave you a slew of these rewards (let's say 12 months worth) just for unlocking Leia, would this still be an issue? Taking the screenshot above, if upon unlocking Liea they gave you 300 shards for shard shop currency, 60 transistors, 96 bronze wire, 96 ccbs, 12 omicrons, and 1.2m credits, but there was never an event added - would you feel like that wasn't enough return on your investment to justify acquiring Leia?

@vormir By your logic, no rewards in the game are worth anything at all since they can all be farmed with natural energy regen, so I'm not sure what you're saying. In this case your comparison to SR2 rewards is meaningless because everything you get in SR2 can also be farmed without using crystals - and thus, by your logic, worth 0 crystals.
  • Options
    To me, more free rewards = good, so I'm fine with the rewards. I do think the ewok shards are strange given that most with GLO probably have all ewoks at 7*, but its just more SSC so thats fine
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Honestly, the only truly problematic thing is Ewok shards. Just, why?

Edit: Didn't see Crispy's message right above mine :joy:
  • Options

Jabba didn't set a new standard though. Jabba set a precedent that GLs could have their own dedicated event, but the operative word is 'could'. SR2 set a precedent that rewards from such an event COULD be as good as SR2 - but this was never established or acknowledged by CG as any kind of standard for future content.

If they never added EE3 but just gave you a slew of these rewards (let's say 12 months worth) just for unlocking Leia, would this still be an issue? Taking the screenshot above, if upon unlocking Liea they gave you 300 shards for shard shop currency, 60 transistors, 96 bronze wire, 96 ccbs, 12 omicrons, and 1.2m credits, but there was never an event added - would you feel like that wasn't enough return on your investment to justify acquiring Leia?

@vormir By your logic, no rewards in the game are worth anything at all since they can all be farmed with natural energy regen, so I'm not sure what you're saying. In this case your comparison to SR2 rewards is meaningless because everything you get in SR2 can also be farmed without using crystals - and thus, by your logic, worth 0 crystals.

Would I ever choose 96 ccbs, and 12 omicrons

Vs

What I could build out of the SR2 rewards
    Probably
    3 25+ speed secondary mods
    10 20-25speed secondary mods
    25 15-20 speed secondary mods
    50 10-15 speed secondary mods
    10 speed arrows.

I mean it’s not even close. One is more than 1/2 the progress you make on mods in a year and the other is an R3 worth of CCBs and let’s be generous and say you hit the lottery and get a full omicron.
  • Options

Vs

Probably
    10 speed arrows.

I mean it’s not even close. One is more than 1/2 the progress you make on mods in a year and the other is an R3 worth of CCBs and let’s be generous and say you hit the lottery and get a full omicron.

That wasn't the question.

This is the question:
  • Options

Vs

Probably
    10 speed arrows.

This is the question:

No I wouldn’t feel like that is adequate return. That’s just part of Drogans omi and less than 500 crystals of CCBs. If it wasn’t for the speeder bike raid right now Leia would be dead last on the list of GL’s you should farm first. The second the Drogan cron expires people will see this.
  • Options

Vs

Probably
    10 speed arrows.

This is the question:

No I wouldn’t feel like that is adequate return. That’s just part of Drogans omi and less than 500 crystals of CCBs. If it wasn’t for the speeder bike raid right now Leia would be dead last on the list of GL’s you should farm first. The second the Drogan cron expires people will see this.

Fair enough. Even without EE3, I'm glad I got her. If you don't feel that way, your feelings on EE3 make a lot more sense. EE3 was only a minor contributor to why I wanted to get her unlocked so whether it's there or not, I'd have got her anyway - from that perspective EE3 is a monthly bonus just for having her.
  • Options

I accidentally deleted my org answer/too tired to re-write but if I need to explain why 8 bw a month isn't worth any crystals or how valuable getting 30 atten. twice a month is, let's leave it. "Be grateful you are getting something extra" isn't something I see value in talking.
  • Options

Vs

Probably
    10 speed arrows.

This is the question:

Fair enough. Even without EE3, I'm glad I got her. If you don't feel that way, your feelings on EE3 make a lot more sense. EE3 was only a minor contributor to why I wanted to get her unlocked so whether it's there or not, I'd have got her anyway - from that perspective EE3 is a monthly bonus just for having her.

Yeah and tbf I have 7/8 GL so I was going to farm her regardless of anything but without her cron she is only an Rey or SLKR level GL which to me is a bit of surprise considering the cost like $10 to obtain with the bundles. So they either need to bump up her value by getting better PvE rewards or a lifter sooner than later.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    CG reading this thinking "ok maybe we should take away SR2"
  • Options
    I guess it also depends on what your reason is for getting her. For me, I'm going to (eventually) get every GL, character etc. I didn't get her so that I could do this event, rather, its more of a bonus opportunity for me to use her and get more rewards. Same thing with Jabba. I didn't get him to do the event, its just a nice bonus. If your primary reason to get her was for this event, i could see how you might be disappointed in the reward, but it also seems like a strange reason for getting a GL in the firstplace
  • Options
    I got 3 omi mats today from EE3.

CG 1 / Olddumper 0.
  • Options
    If CG adds in 3 shards of Clone Wars Chewbacca will everyone be happy? :#
  • Options
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    I guess it also depends on what your reason is for getting her. For me, I'm going to (eventually) get every GL, character etc. I didn't get her so that I could do this event, rather, it’s more of a bonus opportunity for me to use her and get more rewards. Same thing with Jabba. I didn't get him to do the event, it’s just a nice bonus. If your primary reason to get her was for this event, i could see how you might be disappointed in the reward, but it also seems like a strange reason for getting a GL in the firstplace

It wasn’t the primary reason for farming Leia but I think people are underestimating the Gap between what Jabba and even previous GL set as a precedent for being worth the grind.
    With Jabba you got the majority of your Krayt Raid score, ROTE battles and earlier TB special missions, SR2 rewards , a busted cron to dominate arena, long term defensive capabilities in GAC, a GC, extremely useful in conquest.
    With Leia you get a smaller part of your raid score, a busted cron and 1 omicron mat + 8 CCB.

With previous GL’s you were getting squads in an echelon most teams couldn’t compete with. Having a GL meant more when there were fewer of them. Leia is 1 of 8 GL, not 1 of 2 when it was just SLKR and Rey. It’s just weird that SLKR (Ben Ten) is $10 right now where Leia is supposed to be the premier GL and I’m not sold on her being any more valuable than SLKR at the moment.
  • Options
    statix wrote: »
    If CG adds in 3 shards of Clone Wars Chewbacca will everyone be happy? :#

Yeah… fair enough. I guess my real request should have been for Chewie shards, some training droids, and maybe some sim tickets.