Finally a new K1 Leader

hojl87mriw1q.jpeg

Finally a leader in Kyber 1 that’s not from a guild of the usual suspects and a sweet GP of 4 mil.

Replies

• Options
    They were able to jump from aurodium 1 to kyber 1 too
  • Ultra
    11514 posts Moderator
    Options
    Hope you're able to hold the fort
  • Options
    Good to see the matchmaking algorithms working as coded. It's not a bug, it's a feature. :D
  • Options
    That Guy with 4M GP is battling players with 14M GP lol.
    CG doing bad his job as usual.
  • Options
    That player knows how to pick his gaming chairs. No 1 in Kyber 1 with 2 GLs and no Executor, Profundity or Leviathan. Awesome
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Good to see the matchmaking algorithms working as coded. It's not a bug, it's a feature. :D

I don’t think you game blame matchmaking for people cheating.
  • Options
    Stokat wrote: »

Is it cheating though? Or just evidence that the squish algorithm isn’t founded on the most rigorous maths?
  • Options
    It may be nothing to do with cheating. Lucky streaks in matchmaking in lower leagues can give huge rating which impossible to get in really competitive environment like Kyber, especially combined with new "squish" algorithm which, in fact, add pretty big amount of points to players in lower leagues.
  • Options
    Wed_Santa wrote: »
    Stokat wrote: »

Is it cheating though? Or just evidence that the squish algorithm isn’t founded on the most rigorous maths?

True could well be. A (very) quick glance at his gac history shows easy matchups and no suspicious activity. Must be one helluva algorithm then to place him that high.
  • Options
    If you look at the players GAC history, they had a massive 300 plus SR jump from Chromium in Oct and an even bigger 400 plus jump in Nov - I don’t see any evidence they’ve done much wrong. It does however illustrate at least one of the flaws with the squish (add to the long list)
  • Options
    No, it is the transfer from the old ranking to the new. As he did not play gac for a long time, his league stayed the same but his rating was not adjusted. As the average rating has gone down over time, he had a rating much higer then the current top k1. and then he can only get promoted to new league at end of event, so took him three cycles to reach kyber. now his long road down starts. This is not a problem of matchmaking or squish, but the fact that his skill rating was never adjusted to the current environment. No fault of the player at all.
  • Options
    ChuMuc wrote: »
    No, it is the transfer from the old ranking to the new. As he did not play gac for a long time, his league stayed the same but his rating was not adjusted.

It's indeed no fault of the player but I don't get this "rating adjustment" part. He was actively playing at least from September, according to swgoh.gg GAC history. What and why exactly was "adjusted" in such strange way at Oct 10 and Nov 7?
  • Options
    If I’m not mistaken, the person was on reddit and commented they were just as confused as other people, and cheating wasn’t involved.
  • crzydroid
    7315 posts Moderator
    edited December 2023
    Options
    One of my recent matches was a case of bad skill rating assignment. They had like 5 million GP, no GLs, etc. Their history showed a Carbonite match with an insanely high skill rating, then a Bronzium match, and then suddenly they catapulated to K1 because of their SR. They were on a consistent losing streak since that point because they couldn't compete.

I wasn't sure if it was because they took a break and came back and that's why their SR was messed up, but stuff like this is definitely happening. I couldn't see any signs of cheating. But for this person, it just seemed like they were destined to stay on a losing steak until they dropped to where they were supposed to be.
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • Options
    That is going to be a long and miserable losing streak.
  • Options
    Huh a thread complaining about someone excelling, couldn't be skill must be a game glitch, cause us usual players deserve to always be number 1.
  • Options
    rickertron wrote: »
    Huh a thread complaining about someone excelling, couldn't be skill must be a game glitch, cause us usual players deserve to always be number 1.

Huh? Are you trolling? There’s no way a player with that roster could or should be at the top of K1 by skill. None.

• Options
    That account has under 5m GP and only 2 GLs. No way it got to the top of Kyner 1 legitimately.
  • Options
    Haugs wrote: »

“How to miss the point entirely”, by Rickerton.

its a point worth missing.
  • Options
    This has nothing to do with cheating. This is just the algorithm/calculations being broken, unintentionally. I've randomly noticed it a few weeks ago but forgot to make a post here on the forums about it. For some reason some people are passively gaining rating points for not playing, and some others are getting massive rating boosts during the skill squish (we're talking 500+ points, essentially making them skip an entire league with their promotion). This will not be the first person to be #1 in K1 that should not be there. If you check the lower leagues, many of them have players that have absolutely crazy scores because of broken calculations/algorithm:

2mvcfa9e5x5z.jpg

i7ntulpy99sq.jpg