Inquisitors Events

stewman1991
156 posts Member
edited December 2023
My guild asked members to start farming inquisitors and omg does this faction suck. Am I using this team wrong or something? The events are way to time consuming and I removed all my god mods from my gls and that didnt help. Why are they so weak?

Replies

• Options
    My guild asked members to start farming inquisitors and omg does this faction suck. Am I using this team wrong or something? The events are way to time consuming and I removed all my god mods from my gls and that didnt help. Why are they so weak?

Which event are you attempting? The GI unlock event? The assault battle? Is it PvP?
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • stewman1991
    156 posts Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Both lol gi event I get to ashoka really easy then she just keeps healing up same w assault battle yoda just smokes me i have watched the guides and they just don't hit hard enough I spent 4 hrs just going back and forth with her until I just gave up
  • Options
    Both lol gi event I get to ashoka really easy then she just keeps healing up same w assault battle yoda just smokes me i have watched the guides and they just don't hit hard enough I spent 4 hrs just going back and forth with her until I just gave up

Well I can’t speak to the GI event, although I know there’s a lot of unlock guides out there. As to the assault battle, up to CT2 is pretty easy to 3* with relic tuskens, but seems like Reva is almost a lock for CT3. Perhaps the Inqs are more suited to PvP?
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    I just dont get when you finally meet the "requirements" of r5 btw and you need to completely swap out all your best mods or push the characters higher relic levels to beat the event. Luckily you need most of these characters to relic 7 for reva anyway and im not wasting tickets on this event. So there is kinda a silver lining but why do these events need to be so rng dependent or difficult?
  • Options
    The Grand Inquisitor event is the hardest event in the game AFAIK.

I had 4 of my Inq up to R7 and 3 of them w/ Zetas & decent mods & it was still an RNG feast that I hated doing.

Definitely check those on line guides to help w/ mods & leadership choices.

• Options
    I did all of that my point still remains why? Starkiller was nice not too hard not too easy. GI is not a good character. Is this to block us from the reva mission if so why not just make it r7 to unlock? The guides help a little bit but when I have all 6dot gold mods its still heavily dependent on rng getting the exact right moves, crit at the exact right time, then hoping the boss doesn't doge you on a sliver of health. Then if you miss one of those 3 things you will be 1 shot or have to start all this time consuming nonsense again. I'm not saying it should be a pushover just a little less hard.
  • Options
    The Inquistors get a lot better when you finally unlock Reva and use her as a leader.

The GI team can beat a Jedi lineup 100% as long there isn't a GL Jedi.

Reva lead team can beat a Jedi GI team. And the GI is a part of that team.
  • Options
    The GI event is a pain but it's definitely not the hardest event in the game. At least not in my experience - I guess that's a bit subjective so YMMV.

The assault battle difficulty is consistent with other assault battles. I have guild mates that have done CT3 without Reva - we don't have her unlocked yet. It comes down to getting enough stacks of the event buff and timing your heals correctly. I haven't done it myself because I don't have the patience for it - but eventually I'll get tired of missing the rewards and I'll get it done. You only have to do it perfectly one time, then you never have to do it again. The same is true for the GI unlock.

Inqs are a great team and they have been since GI came out. The way I see it, they've got two strikes against them - there's still a lot of negative sentiment because of how heavily CG pushed them. I feel like that's a shame because they went out of their way to warn us ahead of time of how much they would be needed (which was a previously unheard of level of communication from them). The other strike is that their kits are all so heavily intertwined and dependent on the purge mechanic that they're a tricky team to really learn how to use well.

GI with one or more of his omis is more than capable of taking apart a JML team in TW. Outside of TW it's still possible, just has a lower success rate. They've been known to take out JMK/CAT teams, though I wouldn't try that myself. Without CAT they'll destroy a JMK team though. That's not to mention other Jedi teams and teams that dispel purge often. They're a virtual swiss army knife with tons of tools at their disposal. If you mod them well and learn how to use them, they're an amazing asset - even without Reva. With Reva they're just stupidly powerful.

I really don't know why the unlock event is so frustrating. It's not like people are going to do all the work of farming and relicing the requirements without doing the thing - so it doesn't make a lot of sense to make the thing frustrating. That's how it's been for lots of strong characters though so I guess it's not off-script. Good luck - hope you get through it OP.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    The GI unlock event is not super RNG dependent, it's just needs a really specific strategy each phase. Modding is key, and so is what leader you bring in for each phase.

Luminara: Fifth Brother
    Ezra: Second Sister
    Kanan: Fifth Brother
    Fulcrum: Fifth Brother
    Yoda: Eighth Brother or Fifth Brother
    Maul: Fifth Brother
    Kenobi: Eighth Brother

If you haven't yet, watch the mission guides from Xaereth and BitDynasty. They helped me get ready for it the most.

https://youtu.be/M7n1B0INJVw?si=acNNsyr2c88H4iub
    https://youtu.be/nW4Wx9xH5mI?si=EQzTCT7BJ4PQIZqE

Hope this helps mate!
  • stewman1991
    156 posts Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Ya so you just proved my point lmao all these guides are using r7 inquisitors so why is the event have the "requirements" at r5
  • Options
    Ya so you just proved my point lmao all these guides are using r7 inquisitors so why is the event have the "requirements" at r5

Because it can be done? Took me a couple of hours to get through it, but I unlocked GI during his first event with R5 Inqs. The extra relics aren't making much difference, but if you want guides with R5 Inqs, those are available too. I've gone back and run a few of the tiers after getting to R7 with much better mods and I can tell you that strategy makes a bigger difference than relics, by far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny-349Y4Qj4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfTuCGM6gPY&t=561s
  • Options
    there's still a lot of negative sentiment because of how heavily CG pushed them. I feel like that's a shame because they went out of their way to warn us ahead of time of how much they would be needed (which was a previously unheard of level of communication from them).

This is my biggest gripe with Inqs (alongside their unreal thirst for kyros), and I suppose many players (myself included) have cut off their noses to spite their faces. They definitely have a niche in PvP and are required for some PvE events, but it's interesting that no other faction/group seems to have been pushed so heavily in the time since the inqs dropped.
  • Options

I unlocked with R5 across the board, and helped a ton of guildmates do the same. I only put the guides out there to help you with the strategy for each phase. Modding and strategy are the keys...not relics
  • Options
    there's still a lot of negative sentiment because of how heavily CG pushed them. I feel like that's a shame because they went out of their way to warn us ahead of time of how much they would be needed (which was a previously unheard of level of communication from them).

This is my biggest gripe with Inqs (alongside their unreal thirst for kyros), and I suppose many players (myself included) have cut off their noses to spite their faces. They definitely have a niche in PvP and are required for some PvE events, but it's interesting that no other faction/group seems to have been pushed so heavily in the time since the inqs dropped.

It seems to be a very common opinion - the funny thing is, for those of us that read that writing on the wall and went after inqs ASAP, I hear very little negative about them. Even after the inquisitor events started rolling in people on the other side of the fence for some reason dug their heels in and doubled down on not farming them even though their value kept rising. Now that they're more or less a guild requirement in most RotE guilds lots of those people are being dragged kicking and screaming across the finish line. It baffles me. I still have guild mates that refuse to farm them even though they keep getting their rear ends handed to them by Reva teams in TW and GAC.

It's just weird because taking that stance does nothing but hurt your roster and ultimately your guild. I do have to say that it's been pretty satisfying hearing some of my guild mates that hated them before they had them change their tune after getting GI.
  • Options

It seems to be a very common opinion - the funny thing is, for those of us that read that writing on the wall and went after inqs ASAP, I hear very little negative about them. Even after the inquisitor events started rolling in people on the other side of the fence for some reason dug their heels in and doubled down on not farming them even though their value kept rising. Now that they're more or less a guild requirement in most RotE guilds lots of those people are being dragged kicking and screaming across the finish line. It baffles me. I still have guild mates that refuse to farm them even though they keep getting their rear ends handed to them by Reva teams in TW and GAC.

Oh I've bitten the bullet and am working them now, and it doesn't seem to have massively impacted my progress, but if it has I'll accept that as penance for my pig-headedness. Overall I just ended up doing things like using a mish-mash team in conquest when UFU wins are needed, skipping purge feats or cheesing them when possible, and taking my tuskens to r3+ for the assault battle. I don't often see them in GAC but maybe that's more of a K1 thing than the lower Kybers, and any teams I have seen have fallen pretty easy to Sith Trio.
    It's just weird because taking that stance does nothing but hurt your roster and ultimately your guild. I do have to say that it's been pretty satisfying hearing some of my guild mates that hated them before they had them change their tune after getting GI.

I can only hope that is the case, certainly it would be nice if such a big grind pays off.
  • Options
    Thats why i am saying becareful what you wish for.
    These guys are asked by many players, and they finally came.
    Oh sure they are specislized against jedi, but other than that not so much, and jedi is just one of many factions in the game...
  • Options
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Oh sure they are specislized against jedi, but other than that not so much, and jedi is just one of many factions in the game...

If they're modded well and played correctly, they work against Mon Mothma, Geos, Bad Batch, Bounty Hunters, GG Droids, Dash, Iden, Shaak/501... the list goes on. Obviously they can take apart an oQGJ team as well, though I'm not sure how KB changes that, or if he does. I know those aren't GLs, but the point is they're not just good at killing Jedi - they're good at killing lots of things.
  • Hortus
    628 posts Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

The assault battle difficulty is consistent with other assault battles. I have guild mates that have done CT3 without Reva - we don't have her unlocked yet.

I wouldn't say so. It's almost on the same level of sadistic design as Nightsisters AB which is most frustrating AB by far, and definitely much harder than others. The only reason why it's relatively "easy" is because CT3 is plain impossible without GI and, therefore, at least R5 inquisitors, and most have it in at least R7 because RotE, while other ABs except NS are doable on much lower gear levels (idk if it's doable with Reva without GI, which is very rare situation anyway).
    Post edited by Hortus on
  • Options

If they're modded well and played correctly, they work against Mon Mothma, Geos, Bad Batch, Bounty Hunters, GG Droids, Dash, Iden, Shaak/501... the list goes on. Obviously they can take apart an oQGJ team as well, though I'm not sure how KB changes that, or if he does. I know those aren't GLs, but the point is they're not just good at killing Jedi - they're good at killing lots of things.

So you spent tons of resources on a entire new team, and can only beats those what, old teams that usually filled with leftover mods. Go ahead.
  • Options

So you spent tons of resources on a entire new team, and can only beats those what, old teams that usually filled with leftover mods. Go ahead.

Once you have Reva the list expands to include GLs. How is that any different from farming GL requirements?
  • Options

Once you have Reva the list expands to include GLs. How is that any different from farming GL requirements?

Casual guild (end).
  • Options

Casual guild (end).

If you have the inqs and GI ready for the Reva event then being in a casual guild is a choice. I’m not saying it’s a bad one, and it’s entirely your choice… but, if your guild is holding you back from having Reva, and she is what takes the inqs to another level rivalling some GLs, then that’s not really the fault of the inquisitors. Should a faction be gated behind GI and Reva for maximum utility? Maybe not, but that’s the reality.
  • Options

Casual guild (end).

If you have the inqs and GI ready for the Reva event then being in a casual guild is a choice. I’m not saying it’s a bad one, and it’s entirely your choice… but, if your guild is holding you back from having Reva, and she is what takes the inqs to another level rivalling some GLs, then that’s not really the fault of the inquisitors. Should a faction be gated behind GI and Reva for maximum utility? Maybe not, but that’s the reality.
    Sure, its not inquisitors fault, but its a weird one, because reva is so good.
    You either a) pushed by the guild to get her even you dont know/dont like the inquisitors. And those guild usually taking the game in somewhat serious way like asking you go or no go on certain chars, ie, too many rules. b) no one pushes you but its takes like forever to unlock her.
  • Options

Casual guild (end).

Sure, its not inquisitors fault, but its a weird one, because reva is so good.
    You either a) pushed by the guild to get her even you dont know/dont like the inquisitors. And those guild usually taking the game in somewhat serious way like asking you go or no go on certain chars, ie, too many rules. b) no one pushes you but its takes like forever to unlock her.

It's been like this since even raids. Back when Rancor, Tank and Sith raid came out, people would be incentive to either gear teams needed for it or look for another guild to get the new toon. TB with Wat and Kam. My old guild when JMK came out lost pretty much all our good people cause we wesrnt enough KAM shards. I ended up taking my guild to an alliance where I've been since.
  • Options
    FWIW, I put r7 and a zeta on 7th sister and used her lead for Ahsoka battle. That’s the hardest wave of the GI event.

Turn order is also important for the Ahsoka wave in particular. I found the best strategy was waiting to put six stacks on purge on Ahsoka, and don’t ever dispel them until you can use 8th brother’s special. Once you get two stacks of armor shred on her, that battle is much easier.
  • Options
    Ya I just needed one more relic level on 7th to stop that stupid sliver of health man that was really getting to me lol