Dark Trooper Gideon Consumable in Conquest Again?

So, yeah. One of the initial rewards in this new Conquest (on Hard Mode, at least), is Dark Trooper Moff Gideon to use as a preview of sorts. Is this correct, or is it supposed to be Darth Bane?

Replies

• Options
    Gideon shards are still available in conquest so I'm guessing this is correct.
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

Taron shards are also available in conquest. Should it be him instead?
  • Options
    Sorry. I should have been more clear. During Gideon's conquest, there was a consumable that allowed you to add him to your squad to test him out. It is still Gideon this time, not Darth Bane. Hence my confusion.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe they were afraid it would be bugged and they're out of the office this week
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • trodat4030
    16 posts Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Sorry. I should have been more clear. During Gideon's conquest, there was a consumable that allowed you to add him to your squad to test him out. It is still Gideon this time, not Darth Bane. Hence my confusion.

I havn't used it yet, but I think it's Moff because of the miniboss battle feat (beat with BeskarMoff surviving). There isn't a Bane feat yet in this conquest.

7adnute02ibd.png
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

Taron shards are also available in conquest. Should it be him instead?

It took me a second to realize you meant Malicos.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    trodat4030 wrote: »

I havn't used it yet, but I think it's Moff because of the miniboss battle feat (beat with BeskarMoff surviving). There isn't a Bane feat yet in this conquest.

7adnute02ibd.png

That would probably be bugged.
  • nottenst
    690 posts Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    I think that is a bug. I can't believe that they could give you a consumable that could be used directly to get 3 keycards in a Mini Boss battle. And then if you already have DTMG activated, can you use the consumable to have a more powerful one as a 6th toon?
  • Options

7adnute02ibd.png

Oh didn't realize we had a DTMG survive feat in the last set of Conquests.
  • Options

7adnute02ibd.png

There was a Scout Trooper survive in the last set, but not DTMG.
  • Options
    nottenst wrote: »

7adnute02ibd.png

There was a Scout Trooper survive in the last set, but not DTMG.

Kind of missed my (admittedly sarcastic) point. The actual reason we got the preview disk, was so we could see the new unit in action, not because of any feats or whatever other reason people can come up with. This is why people expected it to be a Bane disk this time, since he's the new shiny that no one has seen in action yet.
  • nottenst
    690 posts Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Kind of missed my (admittedly sarcastic) point. The actual reason we got the preview disk, was so we could see the new unit in action, not because of any feats or whatever other reason people can come up with. This is why people expected it to be a Bane disk this time, since he's the new shiny that no one has seen in action yet.

Hard to read sarcasm here. :)

In any case, it would be nice to see a statement from CG addressing the bug.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    I wouldn't expect anything till after the New Year. Pretty sure they take off Christmas thru new years
  • Options
    I doubt they would just change anything this run of conquest and just make the change for the next time
  • Options
    I doubt they would just change anything this run of conquest and just make the change for the next time
    I expect them to admit the error and change or remove the consumable next month.
  • Options
    I expect them to admit the error and change or remove the consumable next month.

Yep. "Oh darn, that's made it too easy. Remove it for the next conquest!"
  • cml67
    18 posts Member
    Options
    I think that is a bug. I can't believe that they could give you a consumable that could be used directly to get 3 keycards in a Mini Boss battle. And then if you already have DTMG activated, can you use the consumable to have a more powerful one as a 6th toon?

It doesn’t give you the achievement. I don’t have DTMG, so I used the consumable, but didn’t get the key cards.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    cml67 wrote: »

It doesn’t give you the achievement. I don’t have DTMG, so I used the consumable, but didn’t get the key cards.

I figured. IIRC for the full team of rey and ben it didn't count the summoned ben solo using the card either.
    I believe they have to be part of the team when you enter battle to count.
  • Options

Thanks for the extra verification. I tried it with both the summoned and my low gear DTMG. My DTMG died, but the summoned survived and no key cards.

I saw that Tusken Meathead started a new thread yesterday. Has there been any word about this or any other Conquest bugs?
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

Thanks for the extra verification. I tried it with both the summoned and my low gear DTMG. My DTMG died, but the summoned survived and no key cards.

I saw that Tusken Meathead started a new thread yesterday. Has there been any word about this or any other Conquest bugs?

It's unclear if this one is a bug, and I'm not aware of any other Conquest bugs. But no, Meat has said nothing about any of it.
  • Options
    From the Datamine: DARTHBANE_PREVIEW_TECH_CONSUMABLE_DESC
    At the start of battle, summon a Darth Bane who simulates having Relic Amplifier Level 9, mods, maxed abilities, and his Leader ability active.
    Max Duration: 1 battle