IG-88 vs. Savage vs. Anyone else in arena shipments

I have Sidious to 6* as of today and already have 88 to 5 stars. My question is, should I get IG-88 to 6* or start working on Savage (already have 20/50 for him)?

My main team right now consists of Sid (lead), GS 4*, 88 5*, Lumi 7*, and JC 7*.

I have some backups with Gear VII. Thanks for the help.

Replies

• Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    In the current META, unless you have a full droid team I wouldnt go for IG88. He is slow, super low hp, and is always the primary target. Everyone will go before him which almost guarentees his death.

I would probably work on Savage as tanks are about to get some nice buffs from the patch.
  • Options
    Toukai wrote: »
    In the current META, unless you have a full droid team I wouldnt go for IG88. He is slow, super low hp, and is always the primary target. Everyone will go before him which almost guarentees his death.

I would probably work on Savage as tanks are about to get some nice buffs from the patch.

Yeah. 88 was the first character I started at when I started the game at the end of February. I slightly regretted it because I quickly realized that he is glass. But I felt already invested in him so I kept going. That's what I was thinking with the tanks in the next update. Savage may be really good especially with the defense up he gets from being attacked.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    @TheFossilMan
    Droids are still good, based on who you talk too. We have some heavy droid users on the forums as well and I will see a few droid nerf posts about once a month.

Still, droids are far past their prime. Simply having IG88 is not enough. You require Poggle, IG86, GS, and Poe to be a reasonable threat. If you dont have all those characters, then IG88 is an absolute waste.

When you get more character variety, I would recommend doubling back. But, right now, I dont think its worth it.
  • Options
    Toukai wrote: »
    @TheFossilMan
    Droids are still good, based on who you talk too. We have some heavy droid users on the forums as well and I will see a few droid nerf posts about once a month.

Still, droids are far past their prime. Simply having IG88 is not enough. You require Poggle, IG86, GS, and Poe to be a reasonable threat. If you dont have all those characters, then IG88 is an absolute waste.

When you get more character variety, I would recommend doubling back. But, right now, I dont think its worth it.

Interestingly, I have all of those characters. I have a 4* GS, Poggle upgraded to gear 6, Poe to gear 7 (1/2 way to 8) 5*, 86 3* Gear 5. Maybe I'll just start a droid team.....
  • Options
    Skip IG88 for now.
    I have him at 7* maxed gear and abilities and never uses him.
    I also have IG86, Poggle,GS and Poe, but still better to use another character, 88 almost always die before his turn.
    Azzazzimon
  • Options
    I'd bring sid to 7 before working on oppress.

Maybe the shift to tanks won't favor oppress as people think (although I think it will)
    But Sid will still have a place in many teams, as for the health immunity and his high self heal capacities
  • Options
    I noticed that savage is actually good (high lvls). Too bad that I stopped farming him to start EK
  • Options
    Kit_Fisto wrote: »
    I noticed that savage is actually good (high lvls). Too bad that I stopped farming him to start EK

I see a lot of people with EK. Is he that good or is it for the Yoda event? From the looks of him he is FANTASTIC against droids but nothing special against everything else.
  • Options
    for me it was the yoda event
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Savage has one giant issue...he is an almost automatic offense up to any team with QGJ.
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    Options
    Naugrin wrote: »
    Savage has one giant issue...he is an almost automatic offense up to any team with QGJ.

^ this! I had to stop using him even though I love him on offense. My rank would drop like a rock with him and I fully admit with AI defense he isnt hard to beat. I took him out and immediately my rank stabilized.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Has anybody used SO with Dooku lead? I'm just curious because between that and his natural ability, it could make him tough. In the next meta with Protection and evasion bonus from leads like Dooku and Darth Maul, he could be pretty tough; Darth Maul's lead would make him a little faster.
  • HeavyHitter72
    181 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Naugrin wrote: »

I think this philosophy is a little outdated. Any buff is offense up to QGJ (including healing over time). Being a QGJ lead team, i find that the buffs abound, i wouldn't worry about SO being the one to give him offense up, at the higher levels buffs are everywhere every round. I am farming SO from 6* to 7* right now. he is a beast.
    [LWI] | 298-352-583
  • Options
    PS: GS gives hiself "offense up" like every 3 seconds, and I never hear anybody say "That is automatic offense up to QGJ. Stop using GS!". Only SO gets the bad press :)
    [LWI] | 298-352-583
  • Options
    @Darth_Jay77 I started using SO with a Dooku lead. Throw in Lumi and some fast assist generators and he is off to a rampage rather quickly. If he becomes harder-hitting in the new meta he is going to be a real pain to contend with. on defense he still is a target (because the AI sucks with him). I typically sub him out for Daka or other when i am done for the day so i don't drop like a lead balloon in the rankings overnight.
    [LWI] | 298-352-583