Question on OG Darth Vader & Conquest CPU always starting first

Ontouralldaynz
184 posts Member
edited January 11

Why is that since probably the 20th of Dec, most of these battles now, included conquest - the CPU is going first and disables your GL's abilities.

I've also noticed when coming up against DV with JMLS as lead, Vaders first attack every single time lands abiltiy block on JMLS. I've not noticed this 100% situation before this date.

This leads me to walk away from conquest and not bother with these GL events. I recently spend some real money on this game, grabbing a few packs, id gone 6 maybe 7 years in this game without buying anything.

However if you bought that advanced track in Conquest it still wouldn't stop the CPU from taking the first turn.

I really don't see how a GL with +450 speed at 100% stamina with 12 data discs (One which i beleive included something about adding a speed %) still renders you to not take the first turn.

Some of these paths the lead cpu is not even R5 or has a single zeta. With a 100% stamina GL, how are you not getting the first turn? further more on many occasions the CPU takes upward of 8,9,10 continous turns.

This isn't pushing me toward buying packs - it pushing me toward not bothering to play and from POV only - how is that any good for marketing of the game?

In conquest if your GL is going to be ablitlity blocked from the first turn, then why offer the chance to use them period...

Replies

• Options
    Have you considered increased tenacity? Also the CPU gets stat increases the further you go (more than the gear level alone grants) and modifiers will allow the CPU to move sooner, Tusken ambush is one as it grants preloaded turn meter that, when paired with uorror's special allows the tuskens to combo you
  • Options
    Also dv basic ability's description says it cannot be resisted by rebels or Jedi, which is why you're getting ability blocked
  • Options
    Ranzono wrote: »
    Have you considered increased tenacity? Also the CPU gets stat increases the further you go (more than the gear level alone grants) and modifiers will allow the CPU to move sooner, Tusken ambush is one as it grants preloaded turn meter that, when paired with uorror's special allows the tuskens to combo you

I didn't face one single tusken group on the hard course / level/ path whatever the situation is. What I don't get is that a 100% Gl with a range of additions in terms of data discs and then the add ons you get on the tract (I forget the correct word, but you use the tract credits to buy them) and you still get wiped out. Like seriously if its a case of GL just straight up being blocked for whatever rigged reason, then why allow them to be used.

I just personally feel from experience each time this hard conquest appears it actually harder. the first couple I did last year I easily got 200 Plus tract points. this time I around I scrapped to get 165 box and after that I just didn't bother. when cpu's like basic fin lead groups with nothing over r5 take 10+ turns, again it becomes boring. Paying money wont help anything. My gripe is the amount of time you invest in the game to get a GL to R8 (I have 3) and they basically blocked from the word go. Its not even even its fun anymore and I just walk away from that aspect of the game. I don't see how overall if more people walk away from certian parts of the game or don't compete (like people who only attack once in Grand to get basic 10 points, then don't deploy in another other battles ) then the game has defeated itself.

Again IMO not attempting to speak for anyone else.

This is also a game that 3 years ago told us when the changed char shard drops from 5 to 10, they'd also double ship drops from 4 to 8...that was before covid...they don't do anything they say they do and the help interaction in game, is beyond a joke.
  • Options
    Also dv basic ability's description says it cannot be resisted by rebels or Jedi, which is why you're getting ability blocked

I did read that, but as stupid as it sounds, I've never seen this happen 100% the time. Resiting an attack and dodging an attack, are two different things. CPU flashes up dodge all the time on some of my attacks, it also flashes up resisted. Sometimes it flashes up nothing and instead of damage it gains Health and Protection, or like when Booushu Leias thermals do nothing and there is no "resist" or "dodge" or anything.
  • Options
    Some characters regain health and protection when they take damage, if the amounts too low or their defense is too high, they will gain more than they lose, that being said though others have been complaining that conquest has been getting too difficult lately, and high stats which can cause the problems you're having is probably one of the reasons
  • Options
    Conquest difficulty haven't really changed, maybe with the exception of from the very first few runs.

You need to read the modifiers for each team and you need to plan proper counters. There's no team in conquest that can't be beaten, but there are a lot of teams which require a limited set of counters to be beaten efficiently without 100% optimal disk setup.

But really, read the modifiers and ask around if you have trouble with a specific squad. Example is that rebels have a high chance of attacking again if they crit, this is why phoenix teams can feel obnoxious as several of the phoenix toons do more than 1 hit pr. attack, meaning they have several chances to trigger another attack. So you ideally have crit avoidance on the team going against them or lots of foresight to combat this modifier.

As the sector modifiers overall state the AI get a lot of jacked up stats in later sectors and in later parts of the sectors so it's completely common that the AI will outspeed your GL, again, this can be dealt with by using proper counters and having a decent setup of disks.

If your roster is relatively light I'm sure this is a challenge, but remember that hard conquest is also the difficulty for all the 9, 10, 12m GP accounts so if you're just past 4m GP it's probably not to be expected to max it out.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

I did read that, but as stupid as it sounds, I've never seen this happen 100% the time. Resiting an attack and dodging an attack, are two different things. CPU flashes up dodge all the time on some of my attacks, it also flashes up resisted. Sometimes it flashes up nothing and instead of damage it gains Health and Protection, or like when Booushu Leias thermals do nothing and there is no "resist" or "dodge" or anything.
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy with an 80% chance to inflict Ability Block for 1 turn, increased to 100% if the target is Jedi or Rebel. This attack can't be evaded or resisted by Jedi and Rebel enemies.

DV basic vs a Jedi or Rebel will always land (can't be evaded) and always inflict ability block (can't be resisted) . The only exception is if they are immune to ability block (don't think any jedi or rebels are but wanted to add in case I am missing somthing)
  • Options
    If I remember correctly, DV teams in conquest usually carry an Overprepared IV, which adds 80% speed. DV gets 8 speed from each Empire/Sith ally and Jedi/Rebel enemy. So let's say they give the conquest DV a speed of 280. Against a JMLS team he would start with 280*1.8+8*12=600 speed, which is faster than most JMLS for sure. (And that's assuming the 80% applies before the ally/enemy bonuses).

In general it's pretty common for Sector 4 and 5 teams to outrun GLs.
  • Options
    If I remember correctly, DV teams in conquest usually carry an Overprepared IV, which adds 80% speed. DV gets 8 speed from each Empire/Sith ally and Jedi/Rebel enemy. So let's say they give the conquest DV a speed of 280. Against a JMLS team he would start with 280*1.8+8*12=600 speed, which is faster than most JMLS for sure. (And that's assuming the 80% applies before the ally/enemy bonuses).

In general it's pretty common for Sector 4 and 5 teams to outrun GLs.

I don't disagree with you on that, but I can't even make sector 4 so I wouldn't be able to say what would happen.

GL Luke team at 100% limped to 1* on that Fin, Fin+ team as a boss. I had to watch a video to beat it (which to me personally is a joke having to watch a video for a simple boss).

I do need to take a look at my mods for sure. thanks