Cassian and Threepio&Chewie Unique Tenacity Interaction

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Cassian-and-Threepio-amp-Chewie-Unique-Tenacity-Interaction/m-p/13392619#M71593

Posting here as well, in hopes that someone can explain what I'm missing or to gain wider visibility.

It's possible that I got absurdly unlucky, but it appears that Threepio & Chewie's (3pac) stat share unique is including the tenacity boost from the Tenacity Up that Cassian's unique applies. My first move was Piett's AOE dispel to remove Tenacity Up. After that, I had a Death Trooper with 149% base potency attack Ben with his basic several times (some with upwards of 20 ET stacks). Every Daze attempt by Death (6 to 8) was resisted as well as several other debuff attempts (e.g. Death Trooper grenade, Piett AOE, Veers AOE). All told, conservatively, 20 debuffs were all resisted. I had a massive potency advantage, so either I had once in a lifetime bad luck, there's some tenacity boost or potency reduction I and my guildmates cannot find, or the tenacity boost from 3pac's unique is bugged when Cassian is present.

My team: Veers (lead), Piett, Death Trooper, Range, Shore
Enemy team: Old Ben (lead), GL Leia, R2, 3pac, Cassian

This bug is not datacron dependent, so it is here to stay until addressed.

Replies

• Options
    Were any of the attacks evaded? OB lead gives extra evasion so that might explain some of them rather than all being resisted 🤷‍♂️
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    They were not because my DC had +38% Accuracy.

After some prodding on Discord, it turns out the big dog guilds knew about this already. One of my guildmates took the team on offense and attacked a Jabba in SA. The entire fight, the only thermals that landed were from Jabba's special that can't be resisted.
  • Lumiya
    1480 posts Member
    Options
    Ok so theoretically it works as coded but I doubt it was intended like this...
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    Everything works "as coded". Code doesn't go rogue and do random things.
  • Options
    I believe she meant its working as intended, they just didn't think very far ahead. So not a bug, just not very bright design
  • Options
    Profit wrote: »
    I believe she meant its working as intended, they just didn't think very far ahead. So not a bug, just not very bright design

I will accept that, but only if CG/EA acknowledge that it is WAI. I will also accept their usual silence as acknowledgement that it is WAI
  • Options
    So if I'm reading this right with cassian placed before 3bacca order of operations is.
    Cassian gives rebel tanks tenacity up
    Old Ben lead tenacity up counts as his actual stats.
    3bacca gives 40% of old Ben's 999999% tenacity to the whole team.
  • Lumiya
    1480 posts Member
    Options

Yes, thank you. This is exactly what I meant.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    T3M4 wrote: »
    So if I'm reading this right with cassian placed before 3bacca order of operations is.
    Cassian gives rebel tanks tenacity up
    Old Ben lead tenacity up counts as his actual stats.
    3bacca gives 40% of old Ben's 999999% tenacity to the whole team.

The order doesn't matter, and it's 20%, but yes.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

I will accept that, but only if CG/EA acknowledge that it is WAI. I will also accept their usual silence as acknowledgement that it is WAI

lol
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I'm sure they'll get right on that after their 2 weeks of christmas vacation ends in February or March.
  • Options
    Well you would want to stretch your Christmas break if your job was managing this flaming riot of a community
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    I'm sure they'll get right on that after their 2 weeks of christmas vacation ends in February or March.

We get an update next week, but ok.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

We get an update next week, but ok.

we shall see.