Surprise Ban

ZeNedra
5 posts Member
edited January 16
Good day holotable heroes,

I would kindly ask for your collective assistance in a matter of an unjust and sudden ban.
I was playing today, same as every day for the past year (and more), only to suddenly get kicked to loading, mid galactic challenge, and encountering an error that my account is banned for "repeated offenses".
This is the first I hear of it, and I have made no infringes to the terms of service.
I'm not sure if prior to a ban (especially for 'repeated offenses') should come a suspension, or even a warning, as I've never had to deal with those before.
Is there even a way to know what the repeated offenses were?

I request your assistance in how to solve this matter, as like all of you, I've spent hundreds of hours, countless months, and even some money on this game.

Since I've been told this will be requested, my ally code is 257349298.

Best regards,
a distraught player.
Post edited by Ultra on

Replies

• Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    very interesting case
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Please don't mind the repeated offenses message, its very generic

What else did you today other than playing GC?
  • Options
    Daily stuff, 99% of them were simmed. A few in-game store purchases. Not sure I even had the chance to do daily/fleet arenas. Used the online store for the daily chest, and spend some crystals on the relic+energy bundle.
  • Options
    And very very hopeful to be back in time to attack in the last GAC round =\
  • Options
    Hello @Ultra same case here. Last logged in around 12pm. When i tried to login for the energy refresh above message appeared. Playing on iPhone.
    Ally code : 347-766-295
  • Options
    That's around the same time I got banned. Slightly later, as I was able to claim the energy refresh, but it happened within an hour from the refresh.

Playing on Android, btw.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Hourin wrote: »
    Hello Ultra same case here. Last logged in around 12pm. When i tried to login for the energy refresh above message appeared. Playing on iPhone.
    Ally code : 347-766-295

Today?
  • Options
    Yes.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    i guess MLK day isn't off for CG :sob:
  • Options
    Ban days are fun :D
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Hourin
    5 posts Member
    edited January 15
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Well is MLK Martin Luther King? Sorry I'm European. Anyhow i feel the ban is unwarranted.I'm only playing on iOS and i've spent quite a few bucks on the game in the last year. I was lucky enough to play my grand arena last night so i don't mind waiting for a day or two.
    I already messaged Leviathan. Should i just wait for now?

• Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Hourin wrote: »
    Well is MLK Martin Luther King? Sorry I'm European. Anyhow i feel the ban is unwarranted.I'm only playing on iOS and i've spent quite a few bucks on the game in the last year. I was lucky enough to play my grand arena last night so i don't mind waiting for a day or two.
    I already messaged Leviathan. Should i just wait for now?

Yes, but idk if i'll able to get this addressed to CG today

Its a holiday in some companies today in the U.S. - schools are closed so even if its not a holiday, some employees take the day off to spend time with their kids

idk if Leviathan is on or off today

So, to set expectations, you might not get a resolution today
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Assuming you two aren't guilty of cheating that is
  • Options
    I mean, I assume a cheater won't admit that they are...
    But I never cheated in the game.

Can you think of any other reason why a ban would be issued besides cheating?

(As a side note, there was a cheater in my fleet shard that I reported for months before he vanished.)
  • Options
    Assuming you two aren't guilty of cheating that is

Well iOS is a closed ecosystem so its not possible. If CG can see logged in devices this will clear pretty quickly.
    Thank you for your reply and let's hope this will get resolved in the next day(s).
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    ZeNedra wrote: »
    Can you think of any other reason why a ban would be issued besides cheating?
    idk could be a lot of other reasons

- Sharing an account with an individual who uses stolen credit cards to purchase crystals
    - Exploiting some part of the game, that lets you get unlimited resources even though you know its a bug in the game, for example, say the SIM button is broken but you can sim unlimited times etc

no point in speculating
  • Options
    I have played galaxy of heroes for many years with no issues and this evening I found out that my account has apparently been banned, I was unsure why, I checked the TOS and I believe that I have not violated it. My ally code is 218-982-313. If you check my swgoh.gg profile I have obviously obtained everything legitimately, and have won/lost all of my grand arenas legitimately as well. I was hoping that by making a post someone would see it and be able to fix it, or at least help me understand why it has happened. Thanks for your time!
  • Options
    Hey @Ultra . Any chance we can get this addressed today?
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Resolved
This discussion has been closed.