Kyber 1 issue

The top of Kyber 1 looks interesting....

Replies

• Options
    working as designed, but not as intended. will be a long way down
  • Options
    I am not sure the fall will be as immediate or as steep as initially thought. There’s enough of a critical mass now that some of those accounts could mark up 2/3 wins per round & accumulate SR enough to let them stay there for a while - and it’s going to be kind of boring for poor old Aesop Rock if all they get to do is fight 3m GP accounts with no GLs - and their 14m megakraken roster still is only good for fourth place.

All hail the squish
  • Options
    I think the issue is they dont sign up and its a historic score so will never go down
  • Options
    That is so bizarre. Guess CG is finally going to have to show their math on how they actually calculate rankings.

Unless it’s not wai.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    ZaneMorell wrote: »
    That is so bizarre. Guess CG is finally going to have to show their math on how they actually calculate rankings.

Unless it’s not wai.

No they don't, because it's not a squish and has nothing to do with calculations. These are just accounts that had that SR before they changed things and then they didn't join for a long time. Now they are joining GAC but sitll have an inflated SR so get put at the top of K1 (and sprinkled elsewhere as well). They'll fall quickly enough, though it's still a super bummer for the people that don't get the easy wins up there.
  • Options
    Wed_Santa wrote: »
    I am not sure the fall will be as immediate or as steep as initially thought. There’s enough of a critical mass now that some of those accounts could mark up 2/3 wins per round & accumulate SR enough to let them stay there for a while - and it’s going to be kind of boring for poor old Aesop Rock if all they get to do is fight 3m GP accounts with no GLs - and their 14m megakraken roster still is only good for fourth place.

All hail the squish

look. they have 3M GP and the Kraken may be have 14M GP But the 3M GP player has more skill ;-)

Finally the word "Skill" makes sence in Skillrating jk
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    ZaneMorell wrote: »

Unless it’s not wai.

No they don't, because it's not a squish and has nothing to do with calculations. These are just accounts that had that SR before they changed things and then they didn't join for a long time. Now they are joining GAC but sitll have an inflated SR so get put at the top of K1 (and sprinkled elsewhere as well). They'll fall quickly enough, though it's still a super bummer for the people that don't get the easy wins up there.

These aren’t old SRs. I don’t recall the specific number but the highest starting sr was in the upper 3000s and was for players with 3-4 million plus more gp than these accounts in 1-4 currently have. Also, not joining is still supposed to hurt your skill rating at a 0-2 rate.