If you're having tank challenge problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 Mk 5 pipes...

Homish
65 posts Member
The Mk 5 Loromar Power Cell seems to be a key ingredient in a bunch of low/mid level gear and I find myself running out a lot when gearing the bench.

Recently I've seen Daka needs about 80 of them in the crafting of one of her level IX gear items.

They are available in the lower tiers of the tank challenge, and the yield seems to be best at Tier 2.

Anyway, my post is directed at those who don't currently have the tanks they need sufficiently beefed to defeat the lvl 72 version of the Mace Windu tank challenge. Take solice in the fact that some who do have the tanks we need are electing to play the challenge at lower tiers anyway as that's where the gear we want today is.

Also, to those who cba doing the challenge five times in a day as they can't auto it yet - do the tier 2 version and auto that.

You'll need them pipes eventually.

Replies

• Options
    Good catch, I'm sitting on about 100, but if Daka needs 80 herself, then 100 isn't anything.
  • Kabbes
    430 posts Member
    Options
    Pfft. I have 215 of those Mark V power cells, and I am not generally sitting on big reserves of gear.
  • Hendiju
    370 posts Member
    Options
    I have over 350 of the MKV. Now if only that were true for the MKVI... I swear to farm 5 of those you need at least 2 full refreshes. Drop rate sucks... FOR A BLUE, ugh.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    Protip: Teebo lead, upgraded basic with Chewie, upgraded basic. Them at level 60 gear 6 with any three other tanks should get you through most of the time on manual play. Add in heroes with stun or ability block or offense down (I use Finn, Boba and IG100) and you should stand a better chance.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    528 of those. I think I'm set for a while.
  • Options
    I've got 990 problems and they're all purple handcuffs, purple hairdryers and unobtainable pieces of 50...
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    Options
    Teebo lead with Chewie, IG-100, Finn and RG. None of them are maxed.

Definitely doable manual, usually auto.
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    Options
    I've got 99 problems, but mk 5 power cells ain't 1
  • Kabbes
    430 posts Member
    Options
    Protip: Teebo lead, upgraded basic with Chewie, upgraded basic. Them at level 60 gear 6 with any three other tanks should get you through most of the time on manual play. Add in heroes with stun or ability block or offense down (I use Finn, Boba and IG100) and you should stand a better chance.
    Powda wrote: »
    Teebo lead with Chewie, IG-100, Finn and RG. None of them are maxed.

Definitely doable manual, usually auto.

Wow, you two have really missed the point if this thread.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    I've got 990 problems and they're all purple handcuffs, purple hairdryers and unobtainable pieces of 50...

Yep. That's about where I am right now.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options

@cosmicturtle333 - what level are your tanks please? I don't have RG levelled but a similar setup to you. I can finish the high tiered one but it's about 1/4 or 1/5 chance of me winning and I'd like to reduce it.
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Options
    MK V power cell? Only have 595 of them...
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Options
    Starjumper wrote: »

@cosmicturtle333 - what level are your tanks please? I don't have RG levelled but a similar setup to you. I can finish the high tiered one but it's about 1/4 or 1/5 chance of me winning and I'd like to reduce it.
    37hu4OJh.jpg
    Teebo Lead, Boba, Finn, Chewie, IG100.
  • Options
    Starjumper wrote: »

37hu4OJh.jpg
    Teebo Lead, Boba, Finn, Chewie, IG100.

Thanks threes.

UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Was this a remix to the beach boys?
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    There pool sounds bigger than Ye's
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    @cosmicturtle333

Just a question for you. Can Mace be stunned on lvl 72? He doesn't seem to be affected by the previous version stuff. Namely:
    Slow, damage over time, TM reduction.
    The only viable tanks I have are 5s, Chewwy, Teebo, FOT, Poe.

Working on ST Han right now. I have a 2* RG, but am not hard farming his nodes since I am focusing Rey.

Will throwing in a more geared RG allow me to at least try stunning him? I didn't think it was worth it as he seems immune to almost everything.
  • Options
    I've found that tier 3 actually is better for those things. Although 6 is possible on tier 2, vs 5 on tier 3, you often get the full 5 pieces on tier 3 whereas on tier 2 you can average maybe 3. I very rarely get the max 6 from tier 2.

Could be random though, but I think you would gain from doing tier 3 instead. And there you also get those purple things which can be useful.
  • Options
    Toukai wrote: »
    @cosmicturtle333

Just a question for you. Can Mace be stunned on lvl 72? He doesn't seem to be affected by the previous version stuff. Namely:

Working on ST Han right now. I have a 2* RG, but am not hard farming his nodes since I am focusing Rey.

Will throwing in a more geared RG allow me to at least try stunning him? I didn't think it was worth it as he seems immune to almost everything.

I'm not cosmic but yes... He can be stunned. It's just a lot harder than the previous tier. I have also been able to land the occasional debuff from Ben and offense down from Poes basic. Obviously the higher potency your toons have the better chance of getting things to stick.

I'm assuming the reason some of us had problems with it at first is because we don't have a bunch of high level tanks hanging around. I was auto-ing the lower one with a bunch of lower level tanks with the exception of ST Han. I leveled a couple up and problem was solved.

• Options

Amen on those two. At least the hairdryer is available in agility now. Wtb a purple handcuff challenge?!
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Options
    Homish wrote: »
    The Mk 5 Loromar Power Cell seems to be a key ingredient in a bunch of low/mid level gear and I find myself running out a lot when gearing the bench.

Recently I've seen Daka needs about 80 of them in the crafting of one of her level IX gear items.

They are available in the lower tiers of the tank challenge, and the yield seems to be best at Tier 2.

Anyway, my post is directed at those who don't currently have the tanks they need sufficiently beefed to defeat the lvl 72 version of the Mace Windu tank challenge. Take solice in the fact that some who do have the tanks we need are electing to play the challenge at lower tiers anyway as that's where the gear we want today is.

Also, to those who cba doing the challenge five times in a day as they can't auto it yet - do the tier 2 version and auto that.

You'll need them pipes eventually.

Very timely, graduate @Homish
  • WildGrunt
    1230 posts Member
    Options
    RG literally stuns him 90% of the time for me at challenge 72. I can't recall him making more than 2 moves Max
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Options
    WildGrunt wrote: »
    RG literally stuns him 90% of the time for me at challenge 72. I can't recall him making more than 2 moves Max

All I have tried RG does not stun him and whe he does Mace gets his turn meter back right away and no stun again and teebo has unstealthed himself :-/
  • Maz
    27 posts Member
    Options
    WildGrunt wrote: »

What is the potency % on your RG?
  • Options
    MrClean621 wrote: »
    Toukai wrote: »
    @cosmicturtle333

I'm not cosmic but yes... He can be stunned. It's just a lot harder than the previous tier. I have also been able to land the occasional debuff from Ben and offense down from Poes basic. Obviously the higher potency your toons have the better chance of getting things to stick.

I'm assuming the reason some of us had problems with it at first is because we don't have a bunch of high level tanks hanging around. I was auto-ing the lower one with a bunch of lower level tanks with the exception of ST Han. I leveled a couple up and problem was solved.

This ^