Timeouts gone?

I was just in a gac battle where I timed, however instead of the battle saving and counting the progress I had made before timing out, the game said that my attempt was “expired” I just lost my gac off this and don’t know what to do, pls help.urqbw341rlnu.png
tuhb4u9vbpyc.png

Replies

• Options
    I'm curious, did this happen right at the end of the GAC cycle? Because when the 24 hours for attacking are up, they're up, and I wouldn't be surprised if the message is different.

It seems unlikely (or you would have mentioned it) but I just wanted to verify.
  • Options
    This just happened 15 minutes ago during this current gac, I attacked with 23+ hours left
  • Options
    Thanks for confirming. Sorry if that came across as argumentative, I'm only trying to rule that out so we can make progress.

I haven't seen the message you've screen capped here, but I'm going to be putting out a note in my guild Discord so that other people know that they should look for it. We'll see if this ends up being a widespread problem.
  • Options
    No problem, didn’t come accross as argumentative at all to me, thanks for trying to help solve the issue tho! Hopefully I’ll figure out what happened.
  • Options
    I dropped it on my guild discord, so that's 50 people who will know to look for this error. Hopefully others will do the same and eventually we can crowdsource our way to figuring this out.
  • Options
    Hey, I got some interesting info from someone in my guild:
    I get that message sometimes on my emulator when it takes too long for the battle to load. The battle timer starts at 5 minutes even if it took 3 minutes for the screen to load. But apparently there is a timer for when the battle should end too. If the battle starts too slow, that will be exceeded and it’s like a hard close. You lose all progress

I don't see any reason why it should be exclusive to emulators, but it might happen more frequently on emulators. If there's too big a mismatch between when the server thinks the battle started and when your client actually finishes, it's reasonable that there might be a problem.

Did that battle take a long time to load/start? We might have found the answer, if so.
  • Options
    Can’t remember if it took a long time to load, I feel like if it did I would’ve remembered, I wasn’t using an emulator for this battle, although I do understand you to say that it can also happen while not on emulators. I also heard that the screen happens as a screen timeout if no action is made over a long period of time, however the game was in auto, and I only started that auto with a minute and 30 seconds left, wondering if it’d be worth it to write a support ticket? Would I get any actual compensation, or would it most likely just be a waste of time
  • Options
    Best guess is that it would be a waste of time? I mean, we don't even know if it cost you any rewards until the end of this attack phase. If you win, the rewards don't get bigger based on this battle. If you lose, it very much depends on how much you lose by to see if this battle made a difference. (Obviously if you can't break through to the back row at all the relevant amount is quite large, but still not infinite, so the number of points is still relevant. But I hope you do break through.)

You've got these screen shots already. I would document the final score and, if you lose, make a decision on whether or not to report at that time.
  • Options
    Did you switch apps at all while waiting for the timeout?

I know in the past ive done that and if the battle ends while your not in the app it has issues
  • Options
    It’s all theoretical that I would win, but judging by what he set, he wouldn’t be able to clear my backwall jabba, and I brought slkr/see/jml/jmk on offense +reva and more, so I assume that I would be able to fill clear.
  • E3P0
    110 posts Member
    Options
    Timeouts certainly still happen, I've had multiple in recent days between Fleet arena and GAC.

The only times I've seen a "Battle Expired" message have been for events that ended, plus some weird exceptions where I was toggling between apps or had the phone go idle for a while in the middle of fighting.
  • Options
    Lol, didn’t even matter, opp ended up doing one battle and giving up
  • Options
    Excellent. I'm happy it all worked out, Hippo. Won mine as well, even though I had to 2-shot Rey (couldn't finish JTR).

Good luck going forward.