Options
    Disagree
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I prefer it over LS Geo TB.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Disagree

Disagree. Out of the game modes we have, it is the second worst. Squad arena is the worst.
    Which one would you have at the bottom?
  • Options
    It's so monotonous.
  • Options
    nottenst wrote: »
    I prefer it over LS Geo TB.
    ^^^ THIS ^^^
  • Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Disagree

Disagree. Out of the game modes we have, it is the second worst. Squad arena is the worst.
    Which one would you have at the bottom?

3v3 GAC is at the bottom.
  • Options
    Any GA is at the bottom
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Deathbringer59
    587 posts Member
    edited January 25
    Options
    Ahhh opinions, the best and worse thing about humanity
  • Options
    Just like LS Geo TB, if you can't complete the platoons, the results can be brutal. But overall I like RotE a lot better than LS Geo, and in general TB is my favourite game mode. It gives you clear goals, and you can work on one, and once you get the right team and the right strategy, you can reliably beat that mission so you can move on to your next goal with another team, sometimes on another planet. It gives you reason to work on both fleet and squad.

I don't know. GAC and TW are specifically programmed so that no matter how good you are, you're going to win 50% and lose 50% in the long term -- the only question is how powerful do they need to make your opponents before you start losing 50%. This isn't nearly as satisfying to my personality as TB with its progressive goals that you can conquer one by one. There's always a bigger challenge around the next corner, but the game doesn't artificially limit your success rate.

I like it that way.
  • Options
    Just like LS Geo TB, if you can't complete the platoons, the results can be brutal. But overall I like RotE a lot better than LS Geo, and in general TB is my favourite game mode. It gives you clear goals, and you can work on one, and once you get the right team and the right strategy, you can reliably beat that mission so you can move on to your next goal with another team, sometimes on another planet. It gives you reason to work on both fleet and squad.

I don't know. GAC and TW are specifically programmed so that no matter how good you are, you're going to win 50% and lose 50% in the long term -- the only question is how powerful do they need to make your opponents before you start losing 50%. This isn't nearly as satisfying to my personality as TB with its progressive goals that you can conquer one by one. There's always a bigger challenge around the next corner, but the game doesn't artificially limit your success rate.

I like it that way.

GAC is sort of set up that way but it is a matter of how high you can climb for either rewards or competitive satisfaction. Even then, a whole lot of players near the top maintain 60-70% win rates.

TW is not at all programmed to keep you near 50%. TW matches you with the 10 or 12 closest GP guilds, and then goes down the list. It doesn't repeat matchups often outside the top, though, because GP fluctuates wildly depending on how many members sign up from a given guild. There are guild that go on very long win streaks in TW.

The only wrinkle they added to TW matchmaking was when they added the relic 9 materials into TW, they put in a pity timer where any guild that loses 2 tws in a war gets a lower gp matchup that they almost always win, presuming they try. This is an awful system because the victim guild did nothing to deserve a terrible matchup.

Basicaly, TW does not give you harder opponents as you win, it only gives you a pity matchup after you drop a couple in a row.
  • Options

I like it that way.

I agree w/ almost all of this w/ just 1 caveat.

TB is a HUGE time sink which is why its not my favorite mode.

Having to do 3-4 ground fights each on Dark, Mid, & Light before taking on a Fleet or 2 as well makes for a really long week.

I find the R8 Waves to be more fun since I know I'm just going in for 1-2 ground & 2 fleet & then I'm done.

I sort of dread the time when I have enough R8's to do more missions, LOL.