Sigma abilities: concept suggestion

Devian
671 posts Member
edited February 1
Key ideas:
  • Sigma abilities are based on lore interactions between some characters and recreate that interaction ingame.
  • Sigma abilities grant synergy either with specific character outside faction, or with specific faction that isn't present as default.
  • Like omicrons, these abilities have limited influence(inside 3x3GA, 5x5GA, TB, TW)
  • These abilities do not interact with omicrons and grant ''out of box'' possibilities
  • These abilities can be farmed only in conquest, on 'golden path', and can be ''looted" from specific nodes once per conquest with 100% drop rate.

Examples of synergy:
Canderous Ordo - Sith Empire (GA 5v5)
Lord Vader - 501st (TW)
Mara Jade - Hutt Cartel (GA 5v5)

JK Luke - Darth Vader (GA 3x3) // JK Luke - Mara Jade (GA 5x5)
GrantsJK Luke DV //or Mara Jade redeemed buff and counts them as LS characters. They all share faction-specific bonuses and additional dmg reduction, etc
Darth Sidius - Jedi Knight Anakin (GA)
Maul - CAT (GA 5v5) // Maul - Ezra Bridger - (GA 3v3)
KRU - JTR (GA)

HK-47 - OR&JK Revan (TW)
Visas Marr - Darth Nihilus&SITH (TW)
GA Thrawn - GAS&GR (TB)

etc. A lot of variations, if those characters worked together/had a mission in different situations.

Replies

• Options
    Interesting, but this could totally flip the meta,
    Actually the chaos would be hilarious to watch
  • Options
    It's a really cool concept, but I think the name could be better
  • Options
    The idea of toons having synergies outside their normal factions is an interesting touch
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Autumn wrote: »

Definitely, sigma is not the right term for this.
    Once a Jedi, always a Jedi. Wait... never mind.
  • Devian
    671 posts Member
    edited February 3
    Options
    Autumn wrote: »

Definitely, sigma is not the right term for this.

I wanted something catchy and simple for naming, yet in line with other abilities, but actually this is not a bad option)))

>>The Greek letter σ (sigma) is the most common symbol for the population standard deviation.
    >>the sign of a permutation in the theory of finite groups
    >>a type of covalent bond in chemistry (sigma bond)

This is a deviation from regular synergy.
    I could name it "distort abilities", "legacy abilities", or something else that can give vibe of a buff or debuff, but its not about buffs or debuffs.