What are your thoughts on the Bo event cadence?

CG is trying something very new with the Bo event cadence. Do you like it? Do you dislike it? Do you not care? Why do you feel that way?

For my part, specifically for Bo, I don't really care. The only way to get her in one of these early returns is to dump tons of money or crystals. One non-GL team that has inflated value because of a DC is not enough to get me to ruin my crystal stash, much less give EA money.

However, for what I fear this change (along with recent event cadence changes) implies, I am unhappy. The GI and JKC event returns were a departure from the general expectation that CG had set. The Bo reqs becoming farmable seems like a departure from established norms as well. Perhaps my feelings on this are misguided; please correct me if they are. But, whether there has been a departure from the norm or whether the norm never really existed is not my issue. My inability to have a reasonable idea of when events and characters become available makes me resentful of the system and thus less likely to dump resources into accelerating my progress. Couple that with the almost absence of CG since the release of the speeder raid, and I'm just not feeling great about the game right now (again, for me, not saying the game is dying).

Replies

• Options
    I like the once a month cadence as opposed to sometime between tomorrow and who knows.
  • Options
    Joebo720 wrote: »
    I like the once a month cadence as opposed to sometime between tomorrow and who knows.

I would like it if I knew it were going to return every month until it's permanently in the Journey Guide. But I don't know that it will.

Did you alter your behavior because of either early return? Will you do that again with the next release? What if that character doesn't follow this cadence? Will you then feel burned?
  • Options
    I do like the idea of new JG characters having their events being more regularly, but not always, available. It makes it feel as though they are more attainable characters, even if KB isn’t yet farmable.

When the GI and JKCK event cadences started looking ridiculously random I just gave up on farming for either of them until after the year was up and I knew I’d be able to do it when permanent. With Bo, I’m really tempted to farm the reqs, and buy shards from shipments, even if not spending any actual money, while they’re not accelerated because it seems as though there’s a real chance that if I’m ready in, say, 5 months time that I’d be able to do it within a few weeks of that point. That’s as opposed to with GI and JKCK where the feeling was I’d have to sacrifice my first-born in the hope of an event in the next 6 months.

Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    I do like the idea of new JG characters having their events being more regularly, but not always, available. It makes it feel as though they are more attainable characters, even if KB isn’t yet farmable.

When the GI and JKCK event cadences started looking ridiculously random I just gave up on farming for either of them until after the year was up and I knew I’d be able to do it when permanent. With Bo, I’m really tempted to farm the reqs, and buy shards from shipments, even if not spending any actual money, while they’re not accelerated because it seems as though there’s a real chance that if I’m ready in, say, 5 months time that I’d be able to do it within a few weeks of that point. That’s as opposed to with GI and JKCK where the feeling was I’d have to sacrifice my first-born in the hope of an event in the next 6 months.

Thank you. You are in a different place in your swgoh journey than I, so your farming routine and priorities are also very different. I appreciate the perspective from a mid-game player.
  • StarSon
    7464 posts Member
    Options
    I don't care as much about when they come back, but it's really frustrating no longer having any idea of when an event is going to return. I imagine this is the feeling CG wants, but for me it does nothing to make me want to spend. It makes me even more wary of buying marquees than I was already.
  • Options
    Indifferent, until the characters are farmable for months I dont care how often a character event happens.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah i just wait until i can farm and then i farm.

Nothing is as bad as when crystals were in arena and you had to have the new thing to earn your income. Way easier now, no matter what the cadence (or lack thereof) is.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Yeah i just wait until i can farm and then i farm.

I ain't gonna work on Maggie's farm no more
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    I’m reserving judgement on the Bo cadence until we have a clearer idea about how CG run the event moving forward.
    If the keep the current approach for Bo and let her return about once a month I like it. Makes her much more accessible and much less pressure overall on spending.

If they keep the monthly cadence only until KB is farmable and Bo reqs become possible without dropping a bunch of crystals, and then keep her event off for 6 months or more, I thoroughly dislike the cadence.

If I had spent a lot to get her first run only to see her event return once more before DC lock and twice more after first chance to use her DC in GAC I would feel maybe a bit salty.
  • Options
    I think they didn't expect less than 1000 players would get her the first time, then even less than that would unlock her the second time so now they're trying again to see what happens.

They might want to put each character on a node before they try this again, but that's just me perhaps?
  • Options
    The thing I'm most surprised about with these Bo events, is that they have not offered for-cash packs alongside (or just ahead of) them. Or the crystal gamble pack for each of the requirements.

These strangely paced re-runs of the event can only be taken advantage of by shipment purchasing, which takes a while. I guess you can also pay additional crystals to refresh your shipments.

If it's a "money grab" it just doesn't seem like a very well executed one.

Personally, I don't really care. Until after the last one is farmable, it makes zero difference to my collection, or how fast I get her. I guess if it encourages spending from some people, that's good for the longevity of the game. Which is a positive for all players.
  • Options
    I have been playing basically since the start but to be honest I have never really tried to track the reoccurrence of available event related toons, I only pay attention to when the prerequisites are farmable or if the toon appears to be a game changer then I invest crystals as I have done now.
    The cadence never seems to be consistent.
  • Options
    Sounds like she is not driving sales as expected. They released a cron for her hoping it would drive more to spend. They failed to realize majority of players won’t spend for a temp 3 month bonus. Those that do already have Bo unlocked.
  • Options
    They can run it as often as they want. Until all the characters are farmable it's pointless
  • Options
    My thoughts/observation is:
    They are running the Bo Katan event every month for 3 months while the DC is active.
    After 3 months when DC expires everything will return to norm.
    Nobody knows what norm is anymore, all speculation.
    Maybe BK event will run every month, maybe 3-4 months or even every 180 days like GI.
    Just my 2 cents.
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    My thoughts/observation is:
    They are running the Bo Katan event every month for 3 months while the DC is active.
    After 3 months when DC expires everything will return to norm.
    Nobody knows what norm is anymore, all speculation.
    Maybe BK event will run every month, maybe 3-4 months or even every 180 days like GI.
    Just my 2 cents.

DCs last 4 months
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I think when we can farm the last char for the event they change the cadence to 3+4 months