TB - Officer Tools

So, as a TB officer - the most stressful part of this event is the last hour before the phase change. I'm hoping there is something that can be done to mitigate that stress.

The main problem is coordination, and the current in-game tools aren't reliable enough to prevent catastrophes. There is a significant delay between activity and the publishing of that activity to others. This applies to commands from officers to members, as well as deployment updates. Players are often able to disregard commands simply because they haven't appeared in their client when they go to do activity.

Now, I grant that there are ways to mitigate this, but basically all of them have negative impacts on officers in some way or another. It requires significant micro managing to avoid these issues.

What I propose to ease this issue - is to allow the setting of a goal (i.e. - less than 1 star, exactly 2 stars, exactly 3 stars, etc...). The goal in some way would need to prevent guild members from "exceeding" the goal. If I didn't have to worry about guild members overlapping deployments near a preload threshold, I could maybe actually sleep a little during a TB week :sweat_smile:

Now - I would be happy with this, even if it meant losing the extra GP to the void, but there is one thing further I would suggest:

Allow any excess GP to build up in an officer-managed pool of deployment which could be applied (or not-applied) wherever needed.

These are just some lunch thoughts I had after another phase where I needed 20 million deployment to finish preloading a zone, and had 40 million GP that could appear at any moment, or even all at the same exact moment. I'm sure I'm not the only person who has experienced this anxiety.

Thanks for coming to my ted talk