I can't be the only one... right?

Anyone else think that most of, if not, all omicrons should be enabled in squad arena? I mean, it would help with testing them and it would also make squad arena a little more fun.

I can understand that they are mode specific. BUT, squad arena is honestly bland and just full of GL teams with datacrons, like Leia with Drogan datacon and Jabba with the damage immunity. It would be a nice breath of fresh air to see things like Boussh's raid omicron be used in a mode where it could be very impactful, being able to use Starkiller like he is in grand arena, fun, or even First Order Tie Pilot omicron in squad arena and have a little bit of variety and allow for people to experiment with different teams/counters a little better.

I understand some omicrons are BROKEN. And I mean, BUSTED. But, in this game, what isn't? We have dodge and deflect datacrons, turn 1 insta-kills, and Ben Solo (who is just a whole 'nother ball game, regardless of mode. He just gets worse in grand arena). Not to mention, day 1 Traya omicron. I remember seeing Lord Vader get STOMPED by that thing to the point they nerfed on, like, day 1.

Replies

• Options
    Pretty sure they tried that at one time and it didn't work.
  • TVF
    36609 posts Member
    Options
    Broken = bugged

OP/= broken
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

It'd be awesome to see them try it again, though. With all the different omicrons out there, it would be fun to see. If it breaks the game, though, I can understand why they don't do it.
  • Options
    Would be nice if they could do it so you can test in there as it is pretty much a worthless part of the game now. Having to test during GAC rounds isn't that great.
  • Options
    But it would not be a realistic test environment if omi’s are present from all modes you will experience interactions within squads not seen anywhere else in game such as SK, MJ and Juhani. Another inconsistency would be your opponents could have omi’s active from another mode to whichever one you want to test, so the test would be useless for any purpose than ‘fun’ as it would be difficult to learn much. Squad arena is just not relevant, GAC took its place and demands a lot of time. I just do the one attack a day for daily.

I think what you are really looking for is a sandbox mode where you can switch modes to test them and select squads to try them out against. This is also difficult to achieve with the variance in everything in game particularly modding. What if you practice against poorly modded squads go into GAC and the counter falls flat.
  • Options
    Rius wrote: »
    But it would not be a realistic test environment if omi’s are present from all modes you will experience interactions within squads not seen anywhere else in game such as SK, MJ and Juhani. Another inconsistency would be your opponents could have omi’s active from another mode to whichever one you want to test, so the test would be useless for any purpose than ‘fun’ as it would be difficult to learn much. Squad arena is just not relevant, GAC took its place and demands a lot of time. I just do the one attack a day for daily.

I think what you are really looking for is a sandbox mode where you can switch modes to test them and select squads to try them out against. This is also difficult to achieve with the variance in everything in game particularly modding. What if you practice against poorly modded squads go into GAC and the counter falls flat.

I can't disagree with it being an unrealistic testing ground for some omicrons. Some omicrons like Starkiller's, like you mentioned, change his kit and his team dramatically in GAC versus squad arena or territory wars. But, there are still some that we don't really get to either use to its full potential or some that would just be good to learn how to counter (like Tusken Raider or Savage).

I do like your idea of a sandbox mode, however. If mods are an issue, one idea could be to use ally codes to use a person's characters that are already modded. Either their current characters or the ones they last locked in during GAC. Or maybe send someone an invite to a "custom GAC round" sort of thing, I don't know. I'm not a game dev, so I wouldn't know how to make that work. But, it would be awesome to have a way to practice using omicrons outside their respective modes so when you do go into those modes, they don't go to waste
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

I don't recall them ever trying it
  • Options
    GAC off-week - turn on GAC omicrons in squad arena

GAC week 2 is during Rise and doesn’t have TW - turn on TW omicrons in squad arena

GAC weeks 1and 3 - no omicrons turned on in squad arena

Allows sandbox testing in between events but not during.