TW Computational Questions

Azpiri
19 posts Member
Ok, so I'm trying to figure out where my math is failing me.

In this upcoming Territory War, here are the known variables:
  • The opposing guild has 50 members at 301M GP
  • The number of squads per quadrant is 26
  • The Reward Quadrant that we're set in is 200-219.9M GP
  • We have 44 participants

Based on these known facts, my math is telling me:
  • Based on the squads per quadrant, they have 43 participants. (26 / .6 = 43ish)
  • The difference between 301M and 220M is 81M, giving an average GP for missing participant to be: 11.5M
  • Scouting out the other guild, the highest GP on their squad is only 9.8M GP. (The data provided was last updated 16 hours ago.)

So I am TOTALLY confused on how the math for this is playing out. They're a full guild, so it's not like they had a huge purge or anything. And even so, the number of squads per quadrant means they have 43 people participating. So how in the world are they in 200-219 bracket?

Mind you, I'm not complaining about their size. We'll go up against anyone and do our level best to up punch people. But the math doesn't compute for me. If someone could help me understand? I would be most appreciative.

Replies

• StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    edited March 1
    Options
    You don't actually know what GP bracket they're in unless they tell you. The number of defenses is determined by the lower GP guild, and the reward bracket can be different for each guild in a matchup.
  • Azpiri
    19 posts Member
    Options
    Joyous... I thought that the GP of the other guild would put them in the same reward bracket. Well, obviously, that's not the case. And we got our hands full.

Cry havoc and let loose the dogs of war!
  • Options
    Don’t worry about understanding it. TW is broken. My guild just got matched with a top 10 guild despite us being barely top 100. It’s a load of crock that needs to be fixed. Matches are not determined by strategy, they’re pre determined by placing mismatched teams against each other. We used to have a 70+% win rate until whatever garbage they started pulling a year or so ago. Now we’re barely above 40%. They need to change the matchmaking to something more like GAC and move away from this supposed 1 win 1 loss strategy, because that clearly isn’t working.
  • LordDirt
    5029 posts Member
    Options
    madhader wrote: »
    Don’t worry about understanding it. TW is broken. My guild just got matched with a top 10 guild despite us being barely top 100. It’s a load of crock that needs to be fixed. Matches are not determined by strategy, they’re pre determined by placing mismatched teams against each other. We used to have a 70+% win rate until whatever garbage they started pulling a year or so ago. Now we’re barely above 40%. They need to change the matchmaking to something more like GAC and move away from this supposed 1 win 1 loss strategy, because that clearly isn’t working.

So you enjoyed it when they matched you against easy teams and you could win 70% of the time but now that you are closer to 50/50 it is broken? :D
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    madhader wrote: »

So you enjoyed it when they matched you against easy teams and you could win 70% of the time but now that you are closer to 50/50 it is broken? :D

Yes
  • Options
    The days when everyone had a 70% win-rate are over. :(