Kyrotech salvage question

Out of curiosity I was doing some research on kyrotech salvage and when it was first added to the game. As the biggest bottleneck for many if not all players I wanted to know more about around when it became a necessity for new toons to clear gear 8. Apparently it came out back around 2019 according to some sources but that didn't seem right to me. If galaxy of heroes celebrated its 5th or 6th anniversary this January (can't remember right now) that would mean that the salvage had been in the game for almost 5 years. As many of the older toons in the game never required this salvage until gear 12 finishers I'm confused as to when this gear was actually implemented into completing lower level gear levels for newer toons.

Replies

• Tsfletch
    185 posts Member
    Options
    I think part of your confusion might be related to the fact that SWGOH celebrated its eighth anniversary this past November.
  • LordDirt
    5029 posts Member
    Options
    I have plenty, see if you can get us some more omicrons though.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • herd_nerfer
    1926 posts Member
    edited March 1
    Options
    Coolnessda wrote: »
    Out of curiosity I was doing some research on kyrotech salvage and when it was first added to the game. As the biggest bottleneck for many if not all players I wanted to know more about around when it became a necessity for new toons to clear gear 8. Apparently it came out back around 2019 according to some sources but that didn't seem right to me. If galaxy of heroes celebrated its 5th or 6th anniversary this January (can't remember right now) that would mean that the salvage had been in the game for almost 5 years. As many of the older toons in the game never required this salvage until gear 12 finishers I'm confused as to when this gear was actually implemented into completing lower level gear levels for newer toons.

Shaak-Ti is the first marquee character that I can find that has kyro required before G12 - and she needs it at G8. That was June of 2019.

Here's the update notes from when Kyro was added - March of 2019:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/199218/content-update-3-25-2019
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    Yup Darth Revan was first unit added that needed it and it started at G8
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    iIRC Every unit added after needed it
  • Options
    Thanks for the clear up. I thought that the anniversary thing was back in January for some reason with the release of jabba the hutt. I've been playing this game for so long now I can't believe that it's already so old. Funny how kyrotech salvage didn't seem like such a nightmare until more recently with so many toons needing it so early in their development.
  • Tsfletch
    185 posts Member
    Options
    Coolnessda wrote: »
    Thanks for the clear up. I thought that the anniversary thing was back in January for some reason with the release of jabba the hutt. I've been playing this game for so long now I can't believe that it's already so old. Funny how kyrotech salvage didn't seem like such a nightmare until more recently with so many toons needing it so early in their development.

They just replaced the previous bottleneck of stun guns/carbantis/holoprojectors with kyros. Nothing has really changed. 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    It would be nice if different characters had different bottlenecks. Not a fan of the standardized bottleneck.
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    rickertron wrote: »
    It would be nice if different characters had different bottlenecks. Not a fan of the standardized bottleneck.

They do. They have different shards along with all the kyro.
  • Options

I actually prefer it. Fewer components means it's easier to plan.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options

I actually prefer it. Fewer components means it's easier to plan.

I get that, but different bottlenecks might allow for you to save for one while using another. Currently its just get kyro's all the time and use them all the time, not a lot of planning involved, beyond must always get.

• Options
    Nothing makes me more sad than having thousands of pieces of gear that are used for nothing. i am not a hoarder, I spend as i get but somehow have thousands of pieces for some items. Can't figure out why there are pieces with no use.
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options
    Nothing makes me more sad than having thousands of pieces of gear that are used for nothing. i am not a hoarder, I spend as i get but somehow have thousands of pieces for some items. Can't figure out why there are pieces with no use.

careful what you ask for, this is how we got relics in the first place
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    iIRC Every unit added after needed it

Not quite but close.

Kuill & IG-11 were both just G12 still but those 2 are the only exceptions I can think of.

• Options
    For the most part after kyro’s were introduced they all needed kyros pryor to g12. There a couple exceptions but most need at least 100 of each salavge prior to g12.
    I wish they’d at least up the drop rate for salvage or put permanent slots for each in stores like shard shop or guild activity to make that a bit less of a bottleneck.