Darth Bane sucks?

Fantastic_Kleo
100 posts Member
edited March 4
Tests in the regular arena show that Darth Bane under the leadership of SEE plays even worse than Wat Tambor?
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Options
    Most new toons are pretty meh in Squad Arena. He has no omis there, and his DC hasn't come out yet.
  • Options
    He literally came out less than an hour ago. Chill out and see how he plays in a month after people have figured him out
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Are you the one testing? Or is it Ahnald?
  • Options
    Ahnald used him to mess up just about anything in arena, so I guess he wasn't watching him.
    On Def he seems to be a bit weaker, but since he was made as a lifter for the most offensive GL that makes sense.
  • Options
    His kit definitely seems more for offense. His unique really benefits with just him and SEE starting which you can't place just 2 toons down onn defense. His lead seems cool but I think it's a 1 trick pony. Once the whole team dies, Bane will be all alone so probally easy clean up.
  • Fantastic_Kleo
    100 posts Member
    edited March 5
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »

Guild members opened it and tested it on stream. JMK+CAT still doesn't beat SEE+Bane, which means it turns out to be a bad legend on TW.
    Although some legends are beaten by SEE+Bane. Albeit on the verge of a timeout.
  • Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if Juhani with omicron will be as easy to beat SEE+Bane as she was able to beat SEE+Wat easily before.
  • Hortus
    627 posts Member
    Options
    It seems pretty obvious that Bane needs at least Rule of Two omicron to be the real game changer for SEE.
  • flux_rono
    2120 posts Member
    Options
    from what i saw he beats all GLs but JMK pretty easy in squad arena. Leia was a bit trickier to beat but possible, and JMK could be beaten but required some RNG with CAT. it was nowhere near a timeout for anyone but leia.
  • StewartH
    151 posts Member
    Options

Guild members opened it and tested it on stream. JMK+CAT still doesn't beat SEE+Bane, which means it turns out to be a bad legend on TW.

Where did you test this and what was the relic level of Bane?

In squad arena vs proper Jabba and Leia teams, I easily beat them with Bane + SEE only. Admittedly vs Leia it ended 1v1 but it was never close to a loss and that's with Bane being R5 and the lowest relic level on either side and missing the zeta on his basic.

Add the zetas, relic him up, add good mods and Bane will more than carry his weight.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Why all the hate for Ahnald around here? I don't get it. Sure he is loud, but that's his thing....if you don't like it, don't watch. He knows the game pretty well and CG is completely missing a huge opportunity by not working with him.

Bane seemed to be pretty great during his videos, even with bugs, that will hopefully get worked out.

Literally just trying to establish context.
  • Options

His omicrons are all for GAC, so I imagine that's where he will shine, not TW. I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here. I don't think SEE was ever meant to be a defensive team, so Bane isn't going to change that
  • Options
    0 problems here I'm finding the team just smashes. Maybe check your modded him correctly along with SEE.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Why all the hate for Ahnald around here? I don't get it. Sure he is loud, but that's his thing....if you don't like it, don't watch. He knows the game pretty well and CG is completely missing a huge opportunity by not working with him.

Bane seemed to be pretty great during his videos, even with bugs, that will hopefully get worked out.

As much on him and the others as it is CG.

No I don't watch him, I get enough click bait just searching Google, I don't need yt to keep giving me more from him.
  • Options
    I think now that we have usage of Bane in GAC the answer to OP's question is a resounding "No"
  • TargetEadu
    1556 posts Member
    Options
    Bane looks great, I’m just worried about two things.

The first thing is that it seems like it will be easy for Bane to slip into that traditional DS Lifter zone of being better when used with his own team than with SEE, like Maul and Malicos. That’s not a bad thing necessarily, because it means Bane is really good, but it leaves SEE essentially without a lifter.

The other thing is that Bane’s Rule Of Two Unique doesn’t persist after Bane is defeated. The main initial draw of using Wat with SEE is that the Tech that he gives stays after he dies. Bane’s buffs are superior to the Tank Tech, but if he dies they disappear, which means there’s no lingering affect if he gets Leaped by CAT or similar. Bane’s GAC Omicron has a clause that suggests it persists in GAC, but it doesn’t seem to actually do that either. I’ve been trying to figure out if that’s a bug.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »

The first thing is that it seems like it will be easy for Bane to slip into that traditional DS Lifter zone of being better when used with his own team than with SEE, like Maul and Malicos. That’s not a bad thing necessarily, because it means Bane is really good, but it leaves SEE essentially without a lifter.

I just gave him Wat back lol
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • flux_rono
    2120 posts Member
    Options

what do you mean like malicos? what team is he doing much more in then his cere UFU team?
  • Options
    flux_rono wrote: »

what do you mean like malicos? what team is he doing much more in then his cere UFU team?

Malicos was advertized as going with either the Cere team or as an alternative LV lifter, because Maul kept going to Mauldos. Then everyone ran Malicos with Cere

The fact that he was even considered an LV lifter has been forgotten by many, perhaps… which kind of proves my point.
  • flux_rono
    2120 posts Member
    Options

Malicos was advertized as going with either the Cere team or as an alternative LV lifter, because Maul kept going to Mauldos. Then everyone ran Malicos with Cere

The fact that he was even considered an LV lifter has been forgotten by many, perhaps… which kind of proves my point.
    Malicos is an option for Lord Vader’s squad if you’d like to use your Maul elsewhere, but his main target home to make Cere’s UFU squad really punch up
    yes they mention he could be in a LV team, but they also state his main home is in cere's team. so personally I don't think he fits the same role off better with this other team then the GL when he's not the "dedicated" lifter. he was mainly for Cere, LV was just a bonus choice.

Maul was meant for LV but mandos ended up better
    bane is meant for SEE, but is so far looking good alone
  • Fantastic_Kleo
    100 posts Member
    edited March 8
    Options
    For a SEE+Bane squad without omicron, Bane is trash since his buffs do not transfer to SEE upon death. He is an excellent leader for his own team. Therefore, it turns out that for SEE he is worse than Wat?
  • Options

The other thing is that Bane’s Rule Of Two Unique doesn’t persist after Bane is defeated. The main initial draw of using Wat with SEE is that the Tech that he gives stays after he dies. Bane’s buffs are superior to the Tank Tech, but if he dies they disappear, which means there’s no lingering affect if he gets Leaped by CAT or similar. Bane’s GAC Omicron has a clause that suggests it persists in GAC, but it doesn’t seem to actually do that either. I’ve been trying to figure out if that’s a bug.

This is exactly what I meant when I wrote at the beginning of the topic that Bane turned out to be a worse assistant than Wat
  • Options

Malicos is an option for Lord Vader’s squad if you’d like to use your Maul elsewhere, but his main target home to make Cere’s UFU squad really punch up
    yes they mention he could be in a LV team, but they also state his main home is in cere's team. so personally I don't think he fits the same role off better with this other team then the GL when he's not the "dedicated" lifter. he was mainly for Cere, LV was just a bonus choice.

Maul was meant for LV but mandos ended up better
    bane is meant for SEE, but is so far looking good alone

I mean, I find it ironic that Malicos was a side lifter in case you weren’t using Maul with LV, because people were doing that, and then people just… continued doing that while also not using Malicos with him because he’s so strong with Cere. LV’s fine without either of them, especially on offense, but it’s ironic he has so many lifter opportunities and none of them seem to stick.

Meanwhile Ben Solo has 3 different abilities that only work if Rey’s on the leader slot. Do I wish Bane worked that way? Probably not, but I wish the synergy was a bit tighter.
  • Options
    For a SEE+Bane squad without omicron, Bane is trash since his buffs do not transfer to SEE upon death. He is an excellent leader for his own team. Therefore, it turns out that for SEE he is worse than Wat?

Fear not! They just informed they would fix his description so that his buffs do not transfer to SEE after being defeated, even with the omicron.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    For a SEE+Bane squad without omicron, Bane is trash since his buffs do not transfer to SEE upon death.

And yet someone else wants an omicron refund because he did arena testing (no omicron active) and Bane was great without it. So which of you is right?

(hint: he is)
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

This is exactly what I meant when I wrote at the beginning of the topic that Bane turned out to be a worse assistant than Wat

He's not
  • TargetEadu
    1556 posts Member
    Options
    He won’t keep the buffs on SEE, but 90% of teams won’t be able to kill him anyway, and then most of that remainder will be killed by SEE as soon as he gets the offensive buffs.