Is it possible to recover an old account with only my player ID?

I have messaged EA support but the responses take too long and we are going in circles. My old device with my old account has been lost and I cannot access it. My old account was connected to Facebook but I can't link accounts since we need both the old and the new device to do it.
However I have my player ID and the account nevertheless is still connected to Facebook. Can I restore my old account and old progress on a new device?

Replies

• Options
    I dont understand the issue here. if your old account was connected to facebook then you would not need the old device. only the new
  • Options
    It says that it needs to link to the account on the old device, which means I need to log into Facebook on my old account on the old device, and only then will the new one link to it and restore progress. It does work when I simply log into Facebook on the new device.

• Sdtbarbarossa
    351 posts Member
    edited March 9
    Options
    It says that it needs to link to the account on the old device, which means I need to log into Facebook on my old account on the old device, and only then will the new one link to it and restore progress. It does work when I simply log into Facebook on the new device.

this means your swgoh account was never properly linked to facebook.

were you ever using the webstore? aka EA Connect?

If yes, can you still login there?

https://store.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/
  • Options
    There was no other connection, only this Facebook linking. So there's no EA connect or EA account linked to it.
  • Options
    I have messaged EA support but the responses take too long and we are going in circles. My old device with my old account has been lost and I cannot access it. My old account was connected to Facebook but I can't link accounts since we need both the old and the new device to do it.
    However I have my player ID and the account nevertheless is still connected to Facebook. Can I restore my old account and old progress on a new device?

This is the same story I would tell if I have gotten someone else's player ID and wanted to steal their account
  • Options
    The purpose of the ID is that only the rightful owner of the account should know it, to be able to verify that it is their account.

If others can acquire that ID, it no longer serves a purpose.
  • Options
    People have posted their ID on the forum plenty of times by mistake
  • Options
    That may be true, but changes nothing. People can share their credentials - doesn't mean having credentials is a bad thing.

They could clarify that you should protect your ID from the public, and perhaps give players the option to generate a new ID if it is accidentally revealed.

They could also ask for secondary info to verify an account holder further, but that is increasingly hard with all the data mining and info sharing sites available, which is why it is good to have a secret code that only the owner should know.

Ultimately, If the player ID cannot be used to recover a lost account, it serves no purpose and should be removed.
  • Options
    That may be true, but changes nothing. People can share their credentials - doesn't mean having credentials is a bad thing.

They could clarify that you should protect your ID from the public, and perhaps give players the option to generate a new ID if it is accidentally revealed.

They could also ask for secondary info to verify an account holder further, but that is increasingly hard with all the data mining and info sharing sites available, which is why it is good to have a secret code that only the owner should know.

Ultimately, If the player ID cannot be used to recover a lost account, it serves no purpose and should be removed.

the Player ID is no secret info. In fact it serves an important purpose. It is the primary Key of your account in the DB of CG
  • Options
    Why are they showing it to us then?
  • Options

This is the same story I would tell if I have gotten someone else's player ID and wanted to steal their account

A bit quick to judge there aren't ya?

No, it is very much my own old account and I have a screenshot from more than a few years ago to prove it. I also have further screenshots of certain characters that I had on that account.

But if there's no such solution to restore progress, it shouldn't matter to you all the same.
  • Options
    Hope you are able to get it back.

I've kept a screenshot of my player ID, just in case something like this were to happen.
  • Options

No, it is very much my own old account and I have a screenshot from more than a few years ago to prove it. I also have further screenshots of certain characters that I had on that account.

But if there's no such solution to restore progress, it shouldn't matter to you all the same.

I too would get defensive if I was trying to steal an account ;)
  • Options

Well if restoring the account was possible in such a way, 'stealing' would not matter, and you wouldn't care. If all I want is an old account back and the best you can do is rub it in my face and call me a thief, I can't say I appreciate it.

• Options

I've kept a screenshot of my player ID, just in case something like this were to happen.

That's the same thing I did, along with linking to Facebook. I had assumed linking to Facebook would automatically restore progress but apparently that's not how it works and I need the old device, the only thing keeping my hope alive is that I have the old player ID. But somehow I don't think it's enough to get back an account, I'm getting no help from anywhere.

Thanks all the same!

• Options

That's the same thing I did, along with linking to Facebook. I had assumed linking to Facebook would automatically restore progress but apparently that's not how it works and I need the old device, the only thing keeping my hope alive is that I have the old player ID. But somehow I don't think it's enough to get back an account, I'm getting no help from anywhere.

Thanks all the same!

.I've been trying to restore an account for weeks with no hope. Every time someone bothers to answer (about once every 24 hours) it's someone new. What's the point of having it linked to EA Connect and Facebook if that's not enough to restore an account?
  • Options

Thanks all the same!

.I've been trying to restore an account for weeks with no hope. Every time someone bothers to answer (about once every 24 hours) it's someone new. What's the point of having it linked to EA Connect and Facebook if that's not enough to restore an account?

the system is made for an account to be transfered from one phone to another. it will not work on deleted accounts.

if you can login to the webstore with your linked ea account, then the account csn be recovered.
  • Options

Well if restoring the account was possible in such a way, 'stealing' would not matter, and you wouldn't care. If all I want is an old account back and the best you can do is rub it in my face and call me a thief, I can't say I appreciate it.

Where did I say you were a thief?
  • Options

Where did I say you were a thief?

You were implying pretty clearly that you think I'm trying to steal someone's account, and the situation I'm in is some ****-and-bull story to achieve that.

If you want to feel comfortable copping out on semantics, good on you I guess.
  • Options

Thanks all the same!

I feel you, and I agree. All I can do is wish you good luck, hope it works out for you.