Fives' 'Tactical Awareness' does not work properly

Celt_at_Arms
posts Member
edited March 11
This is less a bug report, and more me noticing that a character's ability no longer works like intended, and my suggestion on how to fix it without drastically changing the character.

So, for those of you who don't know, Fives is CT-5555 'Fives', a clone trooper in the 501st and a tank. His ability 'Tactical Awareness' is essentially where when an allied 501st Clone Trooper takes lethal damage, they are healed to 100% health, and Fives dies instead. It is the embodiment of the movie trope of a character leaping in front of an attack aimed at one of their allies, you see it all over the place. The problem is...the ability doesn't work. It took me a while to figure out why, but basically the moment that the targeted Clone Trooper takes fatal damage and are inflicted with Heal Block, Fives essentially kills himself for no benefit. Maybe the Zeta makes the ability more reliable, as it adds Fives' stats to the Clone Trooper, but I have yet to confirm that.

This issue, combined with the fact that Heal Block is not exactly a rare status effect, makes Fives a liability. I feel like the easiest way to fix this, one that wouldn't break the character, would be just to have Fives cleanse dying Clone Trooper of status effects BEFORE healing. Alternatively, if that breaks the game in some way that I don't fully understand, you could always have Fives' ability REVIVE the character at 100% health instead. Thirdly, you can have it so Fives does not die unless his heal is dealt, though I feel that is the most complex of the three.

Has anyone else noticed this, and/or is annoyed by it? I searched up 'Fives' to see if anyone else on the forum has mentioned this issue, but didn't see anything, so I hope this isn't a repeat thread.
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Options
    It’s always been the case and is working as described and likely as intended.

It’s always been a thing to ensure Rex could cleanse before 5’s sacrificed in cases where you have any control and it’s always been an ideal scenario fighting him that you can deal heal immune before killing a clone.

I believe heal immune is much more widespread than it was, so the deal might feel altered but really it’s just an old toon having a mechanic that might not hold up as well as it did upon inception
  • Deathbringer59
    581 posts Member
    edited March 10
    Options
    It's working as intended. All clones will recover the health and protection except when heal block is on. It is indeed a bit rarer debuff to see so I don't think it's an issue. GAS stomps alot of teams still.
  • Options
    Fives is only a liability on a clone team until he has the zeta. He allows enemies to effectively kill 2 for 1 by attacking the weakest clone. If the weak clone is hit by an attack with multiple instances of damage, likely both fives and the weak clone are gone even with the heal happening.

His only job is to give his stats out when he dies (only with the zeta). He can function as an ok tank if there are no other clones on the team. Otherwise leave him on the bench until you put the zeta on.