Alliance Honour Guard - Kit Concept/Fan Idea

This is my seventh Kit Concept and this time I was thinking about the Rebel Alliance's honour guards, you know the ones you see in the Throne Room scene in A New Hope? And so, I thought of making up a kit concept for them. I leaned into their roles as protectors of the Alliance leadership, hence their name. Officially, they are named the Rebel Honor Guard, but if I have to be honest, I like the way Alliance Honor Guard sounds more so I'm gonna go with that one.

Again, when I say Rebel Leaders: Rebels with the Leader tag. Anyway, enjoy reading and lemme know what you think. Changes can be made accordingly.
hq618f6ny0hl.png
Name: Alliance Honour Guard

Tags: Light Side, Tank (STR), Rebel, Rebel Fighter

Relic Amplifier: Ceremonial Electropole

Honourable Rebel Fighter sworn to defend Rebel Leaders with his life.

Basic: Protective Strike (Omega)
Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Speed Down for 2 turns. This attack deals 5%/10% more damage for each Rebel Leader ally.

When the counter-attack from Honour Guardsmen is triggered, this ability instead deals 20% more damage for each Rebel Leader ally and inflicts Potency Down for 2 turns.

Special: For The Rebellion! (Cooldown 3 turns; Omega)
Dispel all debuffs on all Rebel allies and grant them the opposite buffs, if any, for 2 turns. Rebel Leaders gain Critical Hit Immunity for 2 turns. Then a random buffed Rebel Fighter assists, dealing 40% less damage to target enemy.

If all allies are Rebels at the start of Battle: the Assist penalty is removed and the assisting Rebel Fighter deals 30% more damage instead.

Unique: Honour Guardsmen (Zeta & Omicron)
Rebel Leaders have 10%/+15% Defense and Offense for each Rebel ally at the start of Battle, doubled for the Alliance Honour Guard. The Alliance Honour Guard assists whenever a Rebel Leader uses an ability during their turn.

Whenever a Rebel Leader is damaged, the Alliance Honour Guard has 50%/60% chance to counter their attacker using Protective Strike. The first and second time a Rebel Leader is damaged, that damage is instead reflected to the Alliance Honour Guard. Then the Alliance Honour Guard recovers Health equal to 50% of the damage dealt and Protection equal to 25% of the damage dealt.

While in Grand Arenas if all allies are Rebels and there are no allied Galactic Legends: All Rebel allies gain +15% Defense and Offense for each Rebel ally at the start of Battle, doubled for Alliance Honour Guard. Whenever the Alliance Honour Guard uses For The Rebellion!, rally all Rebel Fighters.

The Alliance Honour Guard instead recovers Health equal to 75% of the damage dealt and recovers Protection equal to 50% of the damage dealt when receiving damage from Honour Guardsmen.

I don't have any specific suggestions for synergy, so I generally have him leaning towards any Rebel Fighter line-up and under any Rebel with the Leader tag. The reason why I excluded Leia Organa from the Omicron is because I think she's got a solid line-up already and didn't want to disrupt it.

Replies

• Options
    I was thinking about the Rebel Honor Guards the other day.
    Yes, we need this and more Rebel Troops like the Rebel Alliance Trooper and the Rebel Pilot.
  • Options
    This is my seventh Kit Concept and this time I was thinking about the Rebel Alliance's honour guards, you know the ones you see in the Throne Room scene in A New Hope? And so, I thought of making up a kit concept for them. I leaned into their roles as protectors of the Alliance leadership, hence their name. Officially, they are named the Rebel Honor Guard, but if I have to be honest, I like the way Alliance Honor Guard sounds more so I'm gonna go with that one.

Again, when I say Rebel Leaders: Rebels with the Leader tag. Anyway, enjoy reading and lemme know what you think. Changes can be made accordingly.
    hq618f6ny0hl.png
    Name: Alliance Honour Guard

Tags: Light Side, Tank (STR), Rebel, Rebel Fighter

Relic Amplifier: Ceremonial Electropole

Honourable Rebel Fighter sworn to defend Rebel Leaders with his life.

Basic: Protective Strike (Omega)
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Speed Down for 2 turns. This attack deals 5%/10% more damage for each Rebel Leader ally.

When the counter-attack from Honour Guardsmen is triggered, this ability instead deals 20% more damage for each Rebel Leader ally and inflicts Potency Down for 2 turns.

Special: For The Rebellion! (Cooldown 3 turns; Omega)
    Dispel all debuffs on all Rebel allies and grant them the opposite buffs, if any, for 2 turns. Rebel Leaders gain Critical Hit Immunity for 2 turns. Then a random buffed Rebel Fighter assists, dealing 40% less damage to target enemy.

If all allies are Rebels at the start of Battle: the Assist penalty is removed and the assisting Rebel Fighter deals 30% more damage instead.

Unique: Honour Guardsmen (Zeta & Omicron)
    Rebel Leaders have 10%/+15% Defense and Offense for each Rebel ally at the start of Battle, doubled for the Alliance Honour Guard. The Alliance Honour Guard assists whenever a Rebel Leader uses an ability during their turn.

Whenever a Rebel Leader is damaged, the Alliance Honour Guard has 50%/60% chance to counter their attacker using Protective Strike. The first and second time a Rebel Leader is damaged, that damage is instead reflected to the Alliance Honour Guard. Then the Alliance Honour Guard recovers Health equal to 50% of the damage dealt and Protection equal to 25% of the damage dealt.

While in Grand Arenas if all allies are Rebels and there are no allied Galactic Legends: All Rebel allies gain +15% Defense and Offense for each Rebel ally at the start of Battle, doubled for Alliance Honour Guard. Whenever the Alliance Honour Guard uses For The Rebellion!, rally all Rebel Fighters.

The Alliance Honour Guard instead recovers Health equal to 75% of the damage dealt and recovers Protection equal to 50% of the damage dealt when receiving damage from Honour Guardsmen.

I don't have any specific suggestions for synergy, so I generally have him leaning towards any Rebel Fighter line-up and under any Rebel with the Leader tag. The reason why I excluded Leia Organa from the Omicron is because I think she's got a solid line-up already and didn't want to disrupt it.

He could work with Mon Mothma, or a new Rebel leader: Bail Organa
  • Options
    Yes, we need this and more Rebel Troops like the Rebel Alliance Trooper and the Rebel Pilot.

I take it you like the kit?
  • Options
    Zombefyer wrote: »
    He could work with Mon Mothma, or a new Rebel leader: Bail Organa

I think he'd be a great addition. Just who he replaces, I don't know.
  • DarthDarknut
    69 posts Member
    edited March 22
    Options

I take it you like the kit?

Yes, but also the character in general.

Rebel Honor Guard was also playable in the now defunct mobile game Star Wars: Force Arena so a good reason for it to be playable in Galaxy of Heroes.