Abilities buttons not showing at middle of battles

Hey everyone

Have this upon to someone? At middle of the battle after someone turn the abilities buttons don’t show up on screen.
Was just on conquest but if was in GAC I would be mad.
ha6du4avr0l6.png

Replies

• Options
    While that's problematic, at least you can click on "Auto". Of course, you wouldn't be able to complete/end the battle.
  • 12Angry_Minh
    26 posts Member
    edited March 28
    Options
    3dexwo32myk9.jpg
    k9yisppubf84.jpg
    f0i9rp7yp2e0.jpg

Happens every time I use darktrooper with IT. It happened when I used nightsisters in HSTR years ago. It happens with Leviathan, sometimes. Now, it happens with SLKR.

This bug has been around since I started 6 years ago. CG either has no interest in fixing it or they can't fix it (which I find hard to believe).
  • Options
    Yep, because they don't care about bugs or fixing them in a timely fashion. Every new "update" they do to fix one bug creates more. Today's update broke Leviathan because they don't test anything in their game because they don't prioritize quality at all. The more they add to the game, the bigger the pile of rubbish that only penalizes and punishes players gets.

Seriously CG, take more than 5 minutes to check that something works before you implement it, even ONE TIME.

Oh but it's okay, they'll spend "quality time" working on new datacron sets and more packs for us to buy. Yay!

• Options
    @12Angry_Minh

It's a different bug today than it was before.

If you're old enough you'll remember the Blue Screen of Death. Lots of bugs/errors could lead to that screen being displayed. The visual manifestation was always the same, but the underlying bug could be very different. It is the same in this case. The visual manifestation (no buttons) is the same, but the bug that produces the behaviour can be anything that stops the transition from one toon to the next toon. (Since the computer hasn't figured out yet whose turn it is, it doesn't know what buttons to display and doesn't display any.)

They have fixed many of the bugs that have produced this behaviour. But they sometimes introduce new causes of this behaviour. When that happens, it looks the same, but it's still a new bug.
  • Lumiya
    1479 posts Member
    Options
    I also get the feeling the no Button bug is getting more frequent. I've encountered it twice in the last 24 hours. One was with Troopers against Geos( I know the bug exists but they are the best counter for the Poggle Omi) and the second I encountered against Jabba with my SLKR.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Oh but it's okay, they'll spend "quality time" working on new datacron sets and more packs for us to buy. Yay!

Wrong thread.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Lumiya wrote: »
    I also get the feeling the no Button bug is getting more frequent. I've encountered it twice in the last 24 hours. One was with Troopers against Geos( I know the bug exists but they are the best counter for the Poggle Omi) and the second I encountered against Jabba with my SLKR.

I haven't seen it in months, including yesterday's TW and GAC fights.
  • Lumiya
    1479 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Lucky you
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

Lucky you

I'm just saying that both of our positions (you - it's getting more frequent / me - it's not) are anecdotal.
  • Lumiya
    1479 posts Member
    Options

Lucky you

I'm just saying that both of our positions (you - it's getting more frequent / me - it's not) are anecdotal.

If we, that encounter it, don't let CG know, there is no chance of them maybe looking into it. There have been Updates and fixes recently that sometimes caused other bugs, so I think better to give too much feedback/information than not enough 😉
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

Lucky you

If we, that encounter it, don't let CG know, there is no chance of them maybe looking into it. There have been Updates and fixes recently that sometimes caused other bugs, so I think better to give too much feedback/information than not enough 😉

Have you filed a bug report?
  • Options

Lucky you

I filed a bug report about the gideon team last 3v3 season and the "answers team" closed it saying, "it didn't happen to us, so it's working as intended." After I reopened that ticket I got a badge for identifying a bug that needed to be fixed. Even though players here were talking about it, players were submitting bug reports there about it.

Perhaps we should just post a "everything is bugged" bug report on answers since everything they release is bugged and when they do an update to fix one bug, a new one starts?

I didn't see the no buttons bug all the previous times it happened, yet in the last three months I've gotten hit with it at least twice, maybe 3-4 times. I did submit a bug report on it as well, the response was, "Yep, we know. Closed."

Speaking of which, looks like the zeta? on the new boombadier is bugged, based on Ahnald's testing that he's doing right now on YT. (No, I'm not going to do a bug report on it. So, nyah.)
  • Options
    What's the Boomer's bug?
  • Options
    What's the Boomer's bug?

His Zeta is supposed to prevent revive when a gungan attacker defeats someone, but Nute and Jango were both reviving after being defeated by him from what I caught of it. I didn't see the whole thing, but Ahnald was going back through footage and it seemed like that wasn't working. It's a zeta, not an omicron so it should work in arena too.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info.
  • Profit
    282 posts Member
    Options

You can still use dt against poggle, just make sure they don't get a turn.

I did some dt testing long ago. Can't remember the exact outcome now. It wasn't meant to be scientific or anhthing but just to give me an idea of the risk. Roughly 30% of battles where he got swarmed caused the bug over 30 or so fights in my case.
  • Lumiya
    1479 posts Member
    Options

Lucky you

Yes, did it yesterday in the evening when I had time.
  • Lumiya
    1479 posts Member
    Options
    Profit wrote: »

You can still use dt against poggle, just make sure they don't get a turn.

I did some dt testing long ago. Can't remember the exact outcome now. It wasn't meant to be scientific or anhthing but just to give me an idea of the risk. Roughly 30% of battles where he got swarmed caused the bug over 30 or so fights in my case.

Thank you.
    I know the best way is to prevent them having a turn, unfortunately they had preloaded TM because a guildie didn't quit the battle.