Regarding squads available and GAC

Hi guys. I was wondering... the game keeps growing [which is great]. There are a lot of new squads and toons available. And last time CG increased def squads in GAC was a long time ago.

Im obviously focusing Kyber levels. The thing is, we have way too many squads available right now for offence. Yes, from time to time, theres a new DC that makes everything hard as fk. But thats situational. The matter is: defenses are getting meaningless. Some people will answer we should focus on banners efficienty. But nevertheless, the gamemode got outdated.

On the other hand, increasing defenses might lead to extremely long rounds. Also, making the planning confusing and boring. We all know the issues around time consuming in these kind of games.

So I was thinking if its not a considerable idea to limit the number of toons available for GAC. For example, 3v3 requires in Kyber right now 15 squads of 3 toons each. Thats 45 toons. Double ir for offence and add a few more for cleanups, alternatives or fails. Lets round it on 120 toons [the number is open to discussion]. This way, youll have to pre-select 120 guys before round gets locked. It doesnt matter if the game keeps growing, you are locked to 120 toons.

Some people pointed me this will prevent people from investing in rosters. Im not so sure. First of all, not everyone loves GAC. Lots of guys focus their roster on collectibles or other gamemodes such as TB or Raids. Then, you have to consider it doesnt matter if 120 is a fixed and locked number, you always want to have the best of them available. This means, farming specific guys for a particular seasonable datacron, or having to chase the last GL or legendary toon. Then, theres the omicron update factor. Finally, CG can always force us to go after a forgotten toon as a req for a new GL or something.

What do you think?

Replies

• Options
    I think the whole thing should be set up to work exactly like galactic war, but you set as many defense nodes as you want - nothing reserved for offense, nothing reserved for defense. Set your whole roster on D, then use your whole roster on O. Anyone that survives a fight is still available to use at whatever health and protection level they ended their last fight with.

I'm sure lots of people will hate that idea because "my cooldowns won't be right - turn meter will be messed up," etcetera and so on... but man am I tired of GAC and TW... I want something different. It's all so repetitive.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.