Precrafters get yet another boost

Mp44
157 posts Member
With the additions of protection starting at gear level 7, anyone who is able to move past 8 will get a larger protection rating from the gear that the rest of us cant access.

Awesome...

Replies

• Jeff
    30 posts Member
    Options
    Well considering they haven't stated any kind of numbers as far as how protection will be doled out seems like this is just speculation
  • Options
    I have one character at gear IX. The rest are sitting at gear VIII because I did not precraft anything. There are plenty of GEAR X characters out there! Be worried about them! Lol
  • Options
    Speculation. Leadership abilities and unique abilities both unlock a specific gear levels and are unaffected by your actual gear level. No reason to freak out quite yet.
  • Mp44
    157 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Unless you unlock the stat once and then gear has nothing to do with it after that, I don't see how this isn't an issue.
  • Options
    The dreaded pre-crafters!
  • Stevespear426
    436 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Like I said your leadership abilities unlock at lvl 4 then you upgrade them with ability mats. Just because protection unlocks at level 7 doesn't necessarily mean precrafters will have an advantage. Now they might, but your original post is based on pure speculation on your part. No facts.
  • Waz675
    193 posts Member
    Options
    Like I said your leadership abilities unlock at lvl 4 then you upgrade them with ability mats. Just because protection unlocks at level 7 doesn't necessarily mean precrafters will have an advantage. Now they might, but your original post is based on pure speculation on your part. No facts.

Yeah, simply because the information hasn't been given, some people will try to work with what they think is happening by filling in the blanks themselves. And I don't think any word from "devs" about the pre craft situation has actually been said has it?
  • Options
    Waz675 wrote: »

Yeah, simply because the information hasn't been given, some people will try to work with what they think is happening by filling in the blanks themselves. And I don't think any word from "devs" about the pre craft situation has actually been said has it?

All I'm saying is there's no need to work up the community quite yet since we don't know how it will work. As far as the situation, they said gear will be available with guilds and raids at the end of the month.
  • Options
    Oooh end of the month, joy
    Roger roger
  • Options
    Mp44 wrote: »
    With the additions of protection starting at gear level 7, anyone who is able to move past 8 will get a larger protection rating from the gear that the rest of us cant access.

Awesome...

I never thought of this. Good catch
  • KTroy24
    241 posts Member
    Options
    That's what happens when you don't plan ahead. No excuses
    Can't beat POE and aren't willing to change strats to defeat him? Cry nerf lol
  • Options
    darkensoul wrote: »
    The dreaded pre-crafters!

I think they are like the Inquisition...

No one escapes the Spanish Inquisition...
  • Options
    KTroy24 wrote: »

Some people never had the chance.
  • Waz675
    193 posts Member
    Options
    DieInFire wrote: »

Some people never had the chance.

Or tried to grind for week(s) purples and getting < 10% drop rate for some items, made it impossible to have mats for items like furnaces ready to use once the "heads up" was seen anyway.

Hopefully it looks like it so far but no top 10 people in my arena were able to pre craft furnaces as the "big name" characters are not in the higher tier gear levels. Big *phew* to that.
  • Options
    Might just be that protection is unlocked at gear VII but that it's value is tied to level. But who really thinks that is how its going to work :D ?
  • Options

They only announced on the forums the day before the change, hardly time to plan ahead haha