CG_Tusken_Meathead
448 posts EA Community Manager
edited April 9
ay8wyq3ms2tm.png

UNIT NAME: Gungan Phalanx
ALIGNMENT: Light Side
CATEGORIES: Tank, Gungan

Key Attributes:
  • Gains Taunt when the ally Shield Generator loses multiple stacks of Plasma Shielding in a turn
  • While the Shield Generator is active, Gungans are immune to Protection Disruption and gain Foresight whenever Phalanx assists
  • Raise Da Shield to reflect some of the incoming damage with Retaliate and protect your allies with Shield Up
  • Assists his allies when he is not damaged by the enemy
  • Phalanx brings the first Omicron for Galactic Challenges. Now those pesky feats might not be as difficult.

Inspiration:
  • When deciding on Phalanx we looked at the Gungan's Military unit Militiagung and saw a shield which would seem to be a perfect choice for a tank in the squad.
  • Both of Phalanx's special ability uses the shield in unique way one of which is deflecting incoming fire just like in the Battle of Naboo
  • For Phalanx abilities we looked at unique ways Phalanx could use his shield against the enemy

Strategy Tips:
  • Fierce Poke can inflict Defense Down or Daze if they already have Defense Down, and also provides Protection Over Time when attacking out of turn, making it difficult to defeat his other allies.
  • Heyo, Watch Out gives Phalanx Taunt and inflicts the enemy with Tenacity Down allowing for all the powerful Gungan debuffs to be applied.
  • Phalanx gains Max Protection whenever he uses an ability while Taunting which increases his potential damage from Raise Da Shield.

FAQ:

When is the Gungan Phalanx available?
His Marquee begins this Thursday at 11a Pacific time

Does his Marquee have daily rewards like Boss Nass and Captain Tarpals?
Yes!

Where is the Omicron?
It is a GC Omicron

ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE

ABILITIES:

BASIC: Fierce Poke
939ymxaiehgk.gif

Final Text: Deal Physical damage to the target enemy and Inflict Defense Down for 1 turn. If the target enemy already had Defense Down apply Daze for 1 turn. Whenever Phalanx attacks an enemy out of turn the weakest Gungan ally gains 3 stacks of Protection Over Time for 2 turns.

SPECIAL 1: Heyo, Watch Out (CD - 4 turns) (Tier 2)
q5f8nks4d85y.gif

Final Text: Deal Physical damage to all enemies and inflict Tenacity Down on them for 2 turns. If the enemies were Separatist, also inflict Provoked for 2 turns which can't be copied, dispelled, or resisted. Phalanx Taunts for 1 turn. If Phalanx was already Taunting, he recovers 20% Protection.

SPECIAL 2: Raise da Shield (CD - 4 Turns) ( Tier 4)
ygfve9r2rndk.gif

Final Text:
Dispel all debuffs on himself and deal Physical damage to target enemy. Deal an additional instance of damage equal to 10% of Gungan Phalanx's Max Protection. Inflict Vulnerable on all Separatist enemies for 2 turns, which can't be copied, dispelled, evaded or resisted. Gungan allies gain Shield Up (25%) for 2 turns and Phalanx gains Retaliate for 2 turns which can't be copied.

Shield Up - Gain a shield based on Max Protection
Retaliate - Whenever this character is damaged by an attack, deal 20% of the damage received per stack to the attacker as True damage; this damage can't defeat enemies

UNIQUE 1: Let Mesa Help (Zeta)

Final Text:

At the start of battle, Phalanx loses 75% Max Health and gains that much as Max Protection. Whenever Phalanx is not damaged by an enemy, on the next other ally Gungan's turn, that ally gains Potency Up for 1 turn, Phalanx will assist, and remove 8 stacks of recharge from the ally Shield Generator. If the ally Shield Generator loses 2 or more stacks of Plasma Shielding in a single turn Phalanx Taunts for 1 turn.

Whenever Phalanx uses an ability while Taunting he gains 2% Max Protection(stacking) for the rest of the encounter. Whenever the ally Shield Generator is destroyed, Phalanx recovers 50% Protection and Gungan allies dispel all debuffs on themselves. If there is an active ally Shield Generator, Gungans allies are immune to Protection Disruption. Whenever Phalanx assists another Gungan ally that ally receives Foresight for 1 turn.

While in Galactic Challenges

At the start of the first turn, the ally Shield Generator gains 10 stacks of Plasma Shielding; Enemies can't assist if they are targeting Phalanx; At the start of the encounter and whenever an enemy is defeated, all Gungan allies gain 100% Evasion for 1 turn; Whenever a Gungan ally uses a Special ability, for the next 2 turns all Gungan allies have +50% Offense and their Basic abilities Expose the target enemy for 1 turn; Whenever a Gungan ally inflicts Defense Down all Gungan allies gain Offense Up for 1 turn; Whenever any Gungan ally attacks of out turn they remove 20% Turn Meter from the target enemy.

Replies

• CG_Tusken_Meathead
    448 posts EA Community Manager
    Options
    eanuz1fcom1q.png
  • Darc
    17 posts Member
    Options
    Poke!
  • SyrenneMcN
    1 posts Member
    edited April 9
    Options
    edit: nevermind, error was addressed
  • Options
    Says hes an attacker then calls him a tank
    Just trying to help
  • Options
    aispeed wrote: »
    Says hes an attacker then calls him a tank
    Just trying to help
    You fixed that quick

• Jarvind
    3932 posts Member
    Options
    Looking forward to suffering through a dozen GCs that are borderline impossible without wasting an omicron
  • Options
    This might be the first time I've commented on anything in the 8 years I've been playing the game. This omicron is the exact opposite of what we want. We don't to waste precious premium currency to do the stupid feats. We want the stupid feats removed. If this omicron was sim GC I'm all in. If the omicron was red crate conquest, also all in. Helping with feats that may not even be active... 0/10
  • Options
    eanuz1fcom1q.png

This is a Bloons Tower Defence map yeah?
  • Options
    He is a tank, right? Cause "Categories" shows attacker.
  • Options
    GC omicron…what a joke
  • Klogott
    57 posts Member
    Options
    I like that its a GC omi. Will probably be a good beginner omi as it almost guarantees getting 2 Omis but it doesnt sound strong enough to be necessary for a Red Crate
  • Options
    Oh nice, an omicron that will never be worth applying. Great. Thanks for giving us a character that "doesn't have an omicron," so we can save our mats for better toons :)
  • Options
    hard pass on a GC omi. actually worse than a Conquest omicron, truly impressive
    I am the Tard of Tards
  • Options
    So tone deaf with GC omicron seriously, worse than TB or Conquest omicrons
  • Options
    This is clearly in retaliation to noone wanting a conquest omincron.. 2 steps forward 3 steps back here. This is an absolutely godawful decision 😂. I'll be surprised if over 100 people put it on, and that will be the Kraken's who have everything on everyone.. what stupid idea
  • Options
    GC Omi? You have got to be kidding me! It's April 9th now guys.... April Fools is over!
  • Kaird
    38 posts Member
    Options
    So I'm guessing you all want all characters to have must have Omicrons to make the Omicron crunch even worse? I for one welcome "Niche" omicrons. Keep it up. Allows me to catch up on the older ones I still need to do. Some of you need to consider the alternatives before you post.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    edited April 9
    Options
    The fact that they have yet to decide the nomenclature for protection up and shield up is horrendous baffles me.

Simply rename it to "Health Shield (Up)" and "Protection Shield (Up)" and then you can still have "Bonus Health Shield" and "Bonus Protection Shield."

4 different mechanics, all distinguishable and also actually descriptive of what they are using for their intensity values.

Edit: And yes then you will have to re-do the wording on abilities that "ignore protection" to state that they "Ignore shield effects and protection" but that's really not that hard
  • Options
    Is this an out of season april fools joke?
    #JediFactionRework2018
  • Options
    GC omi - puke
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Cthejay
    26 posts Member
    Options
    I seriously doubt the omi survey we just did resulted in people wanting GC omis. Turn omis on in all game modes should have been everyone's answer, I know that was mine.
  • Starslayer
    2426 posts Member
    Options
    We miss some informations to appreciate the omi value. Will the feats be always the same when gungans will be involved ? Will gungans appear in gc every month or so now on ?
  • Options
    GC omi? Are you kidding me? SMH.
  • Options
    GC Omi? More like Gold Box, kthxbye.
    Co-GL, Empire's 501st
  • Options
    This omicron could cost 1 omi mat and it very likely would not move the needle in its favor.
  • Options
    No pretaunt so you basically let the shield generator be out in the open first, only a single way to regain shield on the team thus far, jar jar better be baller or this team seems underwhelming
  • Options
    A GC Omicron. What a stupid thing to add to the game.
  • Options
    Underwhelming Tank.
    Of course I know him - he's me
  • Options
    hard pass on the galactic challenge omicron
  • GRANDOLA
    66 posts Member
    edited April 9
    Options
    New least applied Omi just dropped