One time power up. Really...?

Take a look at the price they are requesting and it isn't even at max level...
People will actually pay for this?

2016_04_12_22_09_06_Group_Me.jpg

Here is the price another game requests to unlock a character...
Come on EA...

2016_04_12_22_18_02_Andy.jpg

Replies

• Options
    Sadly dodo brains with big wallets will do this, and we cant fight for a lower price because The Man will already have the profits and won't listen to us
  • Options
    For $16.00 they should be leveling from 45 to 70 with gear 8. Not something you can do in 10 minutes after you get the character. Total rip job.

The only pack worthwhile was that heroine pack that offered Rey, Barriss etc.
  • Options
    Heroine pack did not have Rey. It was Assajj, Barriss, Initiate, and Ahsoka. Great pack by the way.
  • L45TPH45E
    39 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Post removed because of language.
    Post edited by BentWookiee on
  • Options
    Why are we mad about this price? The people paying it are giving the rest of us a free game.
    (Dex Corso in game. Formerly Til Dais)
  • Options
    Why are we mad about this price? The people paying it are giving the rest of us a free game.

The people paying it are perpetuating terrible F2P gaming practices. That's why we have so many cookie cutter games going around. Everyone wants a price of the pie the suckers keep funding.
  • Options

The people paying it are perpetuating terrible F2P gaming practices. That's why we have so many cookie cutter games going around. Everyone wants a price of the pie the suckers keep funding.

Well, if that's true, the suckers are only hurting themselves, aren't they? How is it hurting F2P? Cool the hate, we all have a choice.
  • Options

Well, if that's true, the suckers are only hurting themselves, aren't they? How is it hurting F2P? Cool the hate, we all have a choice.

I meant F2P as a business model, not referring to player types. The more money people sink into F2P games who employ exploitive tactics to take advantage of vulnerable spenders, the more other companies will switch over to the same model to get their piece of the money train. This is negative fire gaming overdo

While the F2P model is nice and all, I think it's a plague to gaming development. The more the model is fed, the more it will spread, and the more the gamers will be exploited...I'd rather go back to the days when we had to buy games outright, and we got all of the content, versus suckering impatient fools into paying for convenience items that hold no true value in or out of game.
  • Options
    For $16.00 they should be leveling from 45 to 70 with gear 8. Not something you can do in 10 minutes after you get the character. Total rip job.

The only pack worthwhile was that heroine pack that offered Rey, Barriss etc.

Couldn't agree more about what should be offered for that price.

I got Dooku in the dark side starter and that has been pretty sweet. I think that was the cheapest one too.
  • Options

...I'd rather go back to the days when we had to buy games outright, and we got all of the content,...

Me too but I'm betting the F2P guys will have problems with that and anyway, the die is cast. There's no point in getting angry because the cat is out of the bag.
  • Khorvog_Karbossa
    1000 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Im not upset for the same reason as that it ruins the f2p stuff

im upset because people will still buy this when we could work together and get the price lowered

We should not blame EA, we should blame the consumer for affirming EA's behavior

If a guy(consumer) teaches his dog(EA) to pee on your lawn, who are you mad at?
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    Isn't Poggle one of the easiest to farm for gear?

I've yet to see a toon that was difficult to get to gear VI. And level 1-42 costs what, < 300k credits?

I guess it could be tempting for someone new who doesn't have certain stages unlocked to get gear. They'll have to learn the hard way like some of us that paying ridiculous prices for so little doesn't get you far in this game.
  • Options
    Im not upset for the same reason as that it ruins the f2p stuff

im upset because people will still buy this when we could work together and get the price lowered

We should not blame EA, we should blame the consumer for affirming EA's behavior

If a guy(consumer) teaches his dog(EA) to pee on your lawn, who are you mad at?

The lawn for being such a temptress.

I however completely agree with you. Shame on "us" for paying out so much to this game. However it is possible to try to organize a "strike" and have people not pay. But I cannot think of a way to reach all of the players and inform them. For example, I am one person in the group of my 8 friends who actually is on the forum.

Anyone have any ideas on how to reach all the players?
  • Options
    Does anyone know if this happens to every character you unlock? I got Rey this week and that was the first time they asked me if I wanted a power up.