When was the last time you lost in the Arena and who was it to?

Prev1
I've been playing since mid January and have been at the top of my server for about a month or two (once level 70 cap was hit). At this point in the game I get antsy keeping my team the same week after week. I like leveling up a new hero and changing up my squad for diversity's sake (rebels, droids, etc).

However, I've been thinking about how many losses I've had in the Arena the past week or so and there are only 2 in recent memory. Both teams had 2 things in common, 1) Dooku lead ( usually had an unusually high dodge rate) and 2) had a high level (6 or 7*) Royal Guard. This gets me thinking, are these two the key to at least having a chance to defend.

So my question to the community is when was your last Arena loss on offense and which characters did you lose to? Trying to see if there are any trends for a good defense.

Replies

• Ackturi
    379 posts Member
    Options
    I don't keep track of losses
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Today, and it was a Dooku lead. I told myself not to face them anymore but I still do. Then I faced the biggest whale on my server who was using a QGJ lead and won with all 5 characters standing.

I use a clone team with Plo Koon and Lumi, everyone maxed. Works really well, provided the enemy isn't dodging half of everything you throw at them.
  • Fher
    188 posts Member
    Options
    I lose everyday to RNG, it's going to happen. There is no perfect team atm, any team can be beat and any team can beat you if RNG is on their side (yes even with the terrible AI). But I don't think that determines a good or bad player, I'm only 73 and I take on a level 75 fully precrafted gear squad, no big deal I win 8 out of 10 battles.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    RG and Dooku are my biggest foils, if only because they are so common.

If you are looking for a good D team, I suggest:
    Dooku(L)
    Daka
    RG
    Rey
    Lumi

Daka, Lumi, and Rey have naturally high Dodge and/or buff their own Dodge while having serious offense and/or utility.

This is a team I would avoid if I saw it.
  • Options
    Add the death sisters Leia and Rey, to your list and it gets really interesting. Last battle I lost Leia went berserk on my squad with her crits.
  • Options
    I lose to @oTradeMark regularly. His teams are always difficult and he's the only team on my ladder I ever have an issue with. I only allow myself to battle him once a day now so I don't jack up my W/L stats too much.

I have no problem with him getting #1 almost every day as he has put a lot more into this game in both cash and community assistance than I have.
  • Options
    Bluerock wrote: »
    I lose to @oTradeMark regularly. His teams are always difficult and he's the only team on my ladder I ever have an issue with. I only allow myself to battle him once a day now so I don't jack up my W/L stats too much.

I have no problem with him getting #1 almost every day as he has put a lot more into this game in both cash and community assistance than I have.

=) You're a kind soul.. I have no issue with you taking #1 either, as long as you don't lock me into 5th when you beat me =P

The update has been fun, our ladder has gotten a lot more active lately.
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • Options
    I have lost to two different ST Han teams recently. I find his turn meter really messes with your ability to know what will happen next.
  • Options
    Every day I lose to dooku. Not much you can do when he dodges 13 of 18 attacks.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    Lost twice today -
    one dooku lead - heavy dodging
    One QGJ lead - but it may as well have been a dooku lead they dodged so much. Couldn't finish of QGJ with first wave of attacks so he debuffed St han taunt got offence up and game over
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Options
    Yesterday my match lasted 4:55 because my dooku and his dooku lead dodged 25 times total....
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    QG
    RP
    GS
    Lumi
    Han

His QG went first and 1 shorted my RP without setting my RG off. My QG(I run the same team with RG instead of Han) called RP who didn't stun. His GS called his RP and one shoted my GS.
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    Options
    Cant remember the exact team, but went against a dooku lead team and they dodged the first 5 attacks. I did not stand a chance.

RNG is RNG
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    Options
    Interesting... When you don't build to the meta, you don't fear the counter to the meta.

I run:

Phasma(L)
    Lumi
    Daka
    IG-88
    IG-86

Slow team with double heals and Phasma for free assists and further turn manipulation to help level the field because I refuse to play the speedball coin flip meta. I've never lost to a Dooku lead, because with no extra crit chance / crit damage / speed / assists, I can live past the first round which usually drastically swings the battle in my favor. I fear most of the speedball builds because they usually take out one or two of my guys before I can react.
  • Options
    10 minutes ago and I rarely keep track of names.
    I am Darth Spartacus
  • Options
    Got slaughtered by a QG led all jedi team. They were so fast I hardly ever got a turn.
    I also avoid droid and GS/QG teams for their numerous assists.
    Avoid 3*+ RG with big hitters like Sid, Savage, etc.
  • Options
    Yesterday I lost to some bad RNG against

Phasma (L)
    Luminara
    Dooku
    Old Daka
    Kylo Ren

Usually I have no problem with a team like this, but getting bad RNG where most of my team ends up stunned made it basically impossible to win.
  • Options
    Qgj lead RG Lumi Yoda GS
  • Options
    Lost (badly) yesterday to a droid team trying to go from 2nd to 1st.
    Always struggle against droid teams and try to avoid them if possible.
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Salgado9 wrote: »
    Qgj lead RG Lumi Yoda GS

Same
  • Options
    Earlier this afternoon during the final match between a full health Sid (mine) and Yoda who wiped me out with one blow registering 10K.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Lost one today to Rey, RG, Sid (L), Lumi, Dooku. I thought I'd be able to get Rey before she attacked, but all hell broke loose. Missed her the first time, then she attacked. Before I knew it she attacked again and one-shotted QGJ. Dooku stunned a couple people, Sid heal blocked, RG taunted, etc.
  • Options
    I think my last loss was to a QGJ(L), Yoda, Rey, Geo, RG team. Was not able to finish off Rey due to an unlucky dodge, RG taunt activated, and my own Rey got focus-fired. Sigh.
  • Options
    I constantly lose to teams now that I would have no problem with prior to the Dooku "fix". I would easily wipe the floor with them but it's dodge dodge dodge.
  • Options
    Yesterday. Droid team with Daka. 88 got passive rezzed once then active rezzed once. Poggle's offense up ensured I was dead within two turns.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Today. Against a team that was my exact team. The AI did everything right and RNG was going it's way a little too much.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    Wait, you can lose? Lol. Kidding of course, I get wrecked about once a week. Gotta love them über dodges.
    Use the force Luke.... and get rid of that stupid musket.
  • Options
    Add the death sisters Leia and Rey, to your list and it gets really interesting. Last battle I lost Leia went berserk on my squad with her crits.

I run these two in my arena team, with QGJ/Yoda/RG, and haven't lost an attack in several days.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Today TWICE. I was going for #1. Akbar lead, St Han, Old Ben, GS and Hoth rebel scout. RNG decided the opposition went first. Han Taunt, Akbar advantage, game over.

I at least got to #3 going through another player. 42 seconds left on the payout clock and immediately engage with #1. AGAIN, RNG decides THEY go first. They had a higher starred team but power and builds were equal. QGJ lead, Phasma, GS, Lumi and Sid. This at least gives me a fighting chance. Target Phasma first. Deflect, Dodge.... Crud. I'm in a world of hurt. She fires off Victory March and I know I'm toast. He had GS and Dooku against my Lumi and JC. Deathstroke to JC then GS fires off Swarm. I'm done at that point. I nearly threw my phone out my patio door. What sacrifice do I need to appease the RNGods?

At least I'm finishing in 3rd recently. I guess that's a consolation prize against the whales.

Oh, to add insult to injury, I rematch ed after payout because I had a match left. OBLITERATED his squad and was in, ahem, first for all of about 2 hours. I hung my head in disbelief. Xenith and Danemon beat me. I forget which one I rematch ed to take over third.

w8tplTU.jpg
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    RG and Dooku are my biggest foils, if only because they are so common.

If you are looking for a good D team, I suggest:
    Dooku(L)
    Daka
    RG
    Rey
    Lumi

Daka, Lumi, and Rey have naturally high Dodge and/or buff their own Dodge while having serious offense and/or utility.

This is a team I would avoid if I saw it.

That team wouldn't bother me at all. Not enough dps to worry about. The trick is to have yoda with qgj lead and kill Rey before she moves. It would take some very bad rng to lose.