capital games and ea support REFUSED TO HELP - Broken GL Event

swgoh_Bean
2 posts Member
edited April 21
CG and EA have blankly REFUSED support for this issue.

Earlier this week while completing the Ultimate Mat tier of the REY GL event (at the cost of the light side currency packs), my game FORCED me to restart after successfully completing the battle. (IOS Player)

Most people would rightly be annoyed by this, especially as that's £4.99 down the drain in wasted event currency but here is where I find myself in the UNIMAGINABLE situation no player wants to find themselves in. When the game restarted, it logged the battle as successful however didn't award the 1 Ultimate Mat for completing the battle. Now I'm stuck in the PERMENTANT situation where I have 9/10 ultimate ability mats and NO MORE BATTLES TO COMPLETE. The only way I could get one in game would be to unlock another GL and leave that GL short of 1 ultimate mat.

Here's where they really rub salt into the wound, I have contacted EA and CG support, with provided evidence and they have CATEGORICALLY REFUSED TO HELP.
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Options
    g6jv6dox1w66.jpeg
    zpxjtownk5dc.jpeg
  • Options
    What a joke. Not the first time this has occurred and it all honesty it's totally unacceptable.

Sort it out CG.
  • Options
    Unfortunately that issue happened to a number of players with the Jabba event as well. A guy in my guild who has been playing for probably six years had that happen and gave up trying to get it resolved. He played so long that he didn't want to walk away from his account, so now he's unfortunately had to move forward and forget about having Jabba's ult.

He received multiple replies stating he just needed to restart the game, but that didn't fix the issue. He even explained to them when he reached out that he was told to restart the game and did but it didn't help. Whoever was replying continued to tell him to restart the game anyhow. It's just terrible on their part that they don't have some solution worked out for this because you aren't the only one. I know all this doesn't help much but I thought I would explain it in case you have to make the decision to walk away from the game or move forward without the unlock for the ultimate ability.
  • Options
    Post on the AnswerHQ and they will fix you up, I highly doubt they're are refusing to help you. It is an uncommon issue but I haven't heard of anyone being refused help after posting on the AnswerHQ. It's under the bug report section of the forums. Top left menu, you can find it there.
    Also, were you doing another GL event around the same time, that you may have used Rey's ult token for? Just ruling out human error.
  • Options
    Ill give that a try Hexen thanks. To answer your question, I wasnt doing another GL event at the same time, it was just the case of a poorly timed restart. I've tried opening several support tickets with EA and CG, with video evidence of the issue and each time I am advised "theres nothing we can do to help with this issue" and then I am sent a link to an article on their site about how to reduce the number of times the game crashes.
  • Options
    I hope you get it sorted. I'd be pretty angry too.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    swgoh_Bean wrote: »
    Ill give that a try Hexen thanks. To answer your question, I wasnt doing another GL event at the same time, it was just the case of a poorly timed restart. I've tried opening several support tickets with EA and CG, with video evidence of the issue and each time I am advised "theres nothing we can do to help with this issue" and then I am sent a link to an article on their site about how to reduce the number of times the game crashes.

AnswerHQ is best way to do it. Rarely the in game support can help. Good luck
  • Options
    Answer HQ usually fixes that kind of situation within less then 3 working days.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-bug-report-en
  • crzydroid
    7318 posts Moderator
    Options
    Please report to Answers HQ.
    Your topic has been moved to the Bugs and Issues Archive. For better assistance and functionality, please report your bug over at Answers HQ.

You’ll be able to find direct links to all the existing SWGOH forum boards on Answers HQ so you can easily navigate between both forums.

Please visit the Answers HQ forums by clicking the link below!
    <<Answers HQ>>