Why im not buying the new LSB packs

Hello all
If you dont know theres some new lsb packs about to drop in the game, they are quite expensive and i will list a reason why I'M not buying them, but some aspects can be apply to the game.
I bought the all previous lsb that i "needed" (SK and BAM too), the overlaping characters was annoying, but the price, a great legendary, a gl and r5 compensated this problem.
Now to the list:
1- the padme, GAS and night sister packs have a LOT (5!) of overlaping characters, in my case if i buy the padme lsb for $25, i still need some characters from the GAS lsb that costs $50.
2- the lack of grievous and 501 clones on top of the overlaping. They chose to overlap 5 characters instead of providing new ones, in this case grievous instead of assaj and 501 instead of droids would solve that.
3- the packs* are just overpriced (topic 2 and 4 would solve that), they need a new a name for them because calling lsb after rey and slkr lsb is kinda weird. *The GAS pack actually is a good deal if you are new to the game.
4- and the most important thing of all: NO ZETAS. I just cant use them in GAC or TW, i have 2 years into the game i have literally ZERO ZETAS right now already missing at least 20 meaningful zetas on relic characters, while maul, cat, malgus sits on my roster and Bane is on his way. If i buy the new lsb at this pace i will never be able to zeta them without scuffing the likes of reva, gls etc.
ps: comparing the price of the new "lsb" packs to other non lsb packs in game is irrelevant to me, i use other games prices, time and ability to use characters to buy things.

Replies

• Rius
    368 posts Member
    Options
    Hello all
    If you dont know theres some new lsb packs about to drop in the game, they are quite expensive and i will list a reason why I'M not buying them, but some aspects can be apply to the game.
    I bought the all previous lsb that i "needed" (SK and BAM too), the overlaping characters was annoying, but the price, a great legendary, a gl and r5 compensated this problem.
    Now to the list:
    1- the padme, GAS and night sister packs have a LOT (5!) of overlaping characters, in my case if i buy the padme lsb for $25, i still need some characters from the GAS lsb that costs $50.
    2- the lack of grievous and 501 clones on top of the overlaping. They chose to overlap 5 characters instead of providing new ones, in this case grievous instead of assaj and 501 instead of droids would solve that.
    3- the packs* are just overpriced (topic 2 and 4 would solve that), they need a new a name for them because calling lsb after rey and slkr lsb is kinda weird. *The GAS pack actually is a good deal if you are new to the game.
    4- and the most important thing of all: NO ZETAS. I just cant use them in GAC or TW, i have 2 years into the game i have literally ZERO ZETAS right now already missing at least 20 meaningful zetas on relic characters, while maul, cat, malgus sits on my roster and Bane is on his way. If i buy the new lsb at this pace i will never be able to zeta them without scuffing the likes of reva, gls etc.
    ps: comparing the price of the new "lsb" packs to other non lsb packs in game is irrelevant to me, i use other games prices, time and ability to use characters to buy things.

I think it’s fair to weigh up the value to your own situation. I also purchased the last lot and so far only unlocked SLKR and applied critical FO and Resistance Zeta’s. I did feel a tug of resources and not made full use of them but I feel after I settled back into my farms and slowly made use of the characters they were a valuable addition. I imagine this is dependant on size of rosters, what gaps you may have and competing projects. I feel some packs are more useful for newer players as mid game players usually have a lot of progress but two packs here maybe useful to many mid players. At 8M I have G12 Geo’s and R5 Brood Alpha and absolutely no investment in NS, I still do not have a 7* Talzin and Daka. These are both squads I wanted to relic for a long time. Geo’s for ships and NS since Merrin release but was so far behind on NS and have been working towards other projects. I may not have full zeta’s immediately but I am happy to catch those up around other priorities.
  • Options
    Sure - if you ignore everything else in the game and only compare these packs to the previous LSBs, they don't look as good.

I have an 11m GP roster and there's still at least one of these packs that's really appealing even though it'll only touch three or four of my characters.

If you don't think it's a good value then you shouldn't buy them. Measuring these against what was objectively some of the best deals ever offered in the history of the game and claiming they're expensive is, I guess one way to view it - but viewed in the full context of the game and what's available to purchase - these are still insanely good deals for a huge number of players across a wide spectrum of roster development levels.

Regarding zetas - are you also not going to gear up characters that you have the gear for just because you can't apply a zeta to them? What about mods? Do you avoid putting gear and relics on characters if you don't have ideal mods for them? I'm feeling the zeta crunch too but this logic doesn't make sense to me.

It seems like you've decided to not buy the LSBs because they're not offering a perfect solution for the price of a combo meal at McDonalds. And if that's your standard, then you shouldn't buy them because they don't measure up. It strikes me as a pretty high standard though - maybe I'm just easily pleased, but I'm jumping all over at least one of these.

F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Gawejn
    1122 posts Member
    Options
    I can understand not wanting to buy new lsb. I bought gl kylo lsb like 6 months ago and still i didnt try to finish requirments. First order is on the bench still, i just dont have enough zetas to pursue gl kylo. There was just too much good teams to do first than gl kylo. And couse of that expierience im not interested in buying next lsb just to not use it.
  • Rius
    368 posts Member
    Options
    Sure - if you ignore everything else in the game and only compare these packs to the previous LSBs, they don't look as good.

I have an 11m GP roster and there's still at least one of these packs that's really appealing even though it'll only touch three or four of my characters.

If you don't think it's a good value then you shouldn't buy them. Measuring these against what was objectively some of the best deals ever offered in the history of the game and claiming they're expensive is, I guess one way to view it - but viewed in the full context of the game and what's available to purchase - these are still insanely good deals for a huge number of players across a wide spectrum of roster development levels.

Regarding zetas - are you also not going to gear up characters that you have the gear for just because you can't apply a zeta to them? What about mods? Do you avoid putting gear and relics on characters if you don't have ideal mods for them? I'm feeling the zeta crunch too but this logic doesn't make sense to me.

It seems like you've decided to not buy the LSBs because they're not offering a perfect solution for the price of a combo meal at McDonalds. And if that's your standard, then you shouldn't buy them because they don't measure up. It strikes me as a pretty high standard though - maybe I'm just easily pleased, but I'm jumping all over at least one of these.

I think you are missing some of the critical points. Many lower players felt more of a zetas and mod crunch with more relevant packs and lower zeta income last time. I even felt it where the quality of my mods were not as good as I work these up whilst working on character at a slower rate. This makes it more strategic to consider if these characters are what you need or if they will burden your resources or go unused for a time. That does not mean they need to change them or offer more fast food, but players can strategically think with more experience on if they will be useful.

The main points were over lapping characters which again may factor into value and efficiency. But was present in previous packs too.

But also missing characters, for instance they mention unlocking GAS without 501st. Unless this was a path already committed to it could de-rail your progress elsewhere.

So players are free to evaluate the deal and I don’t think these are intrinsically more expensive considering the value but SLKR and Rey are good GL’s for using requirements in their squads. I only did SLKR because Rey had two characters to still level up and I have not got round to it yet. Whilst SLKR had a few higher relic and a character I already had at relic. Not necessarily the same for all packs. But each player has their plans. I will be heading for Cal Kestis soon so picking up NS is amazing as I will need Merrin. But not everyone will have a pack fit their current path or gaps in their roster.
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options
    Pretty sure every time I've bought one of the LS bundles. This time I'll be buying the NS one. 5 characters to r3 for $15 is a steal.
  • Options
    5 characters to r3 for $15 is a steal.

It really is, based on the price of competing packs. My NS lagged behind the rest of my roster for a long time, but I recently got MT up to r3, and she was the last of the core NS to be lower than r5. (As of a couple months ago I even have one throwaway NS at r8 b/c of Ops.)

Last year at this time I could very well have purchased the pack.
  • Options
    The new bundles are absolutely worse value.

SLKR pack got you 11 characters, at relic 5, for 10$. Just below 1$ per character.

New Geo pack, gives you 5 characters (less than half!) at relic 3, for 15$. 3$ per character, at lower relic, and not leading to a GL.
    Nightsister pack contains a few more characters, but you won't use the extras anyhow soo..

Padme pack contains 8 characters at relic 5, for 25$.
    Again, about 3$ per character.
    This pack imo is only interesting, IF the separatists in it get to participate fully in the upcoming new raid.

There is no 'shadows of the empire' equivalent either, with 13 relic 3, and 4 ships, at 10$.

Nightsister pack is missing their pretty important member, Ewoks is missing Kneesa.

That said: GAS bundle contains a far wider range than the Starkiller bundle did. And Negotiator.
    (I did not get Starkiller bundle, nor the Mandalorian one).

Still, compared to Raddus & Finalizer bundle? Which were 40% the price, 7 ships, relic 5.
    The bundle does not contain Marauder after all either.
    You also still need to use guild currency to boost GAS to 7 stars too.

Bottom line: last time I got a bunch of LSB's.
    This time, I'll probably get the Geo bundle to get guild of my back about Watt shards and TW.
    TW is going to see a looot of R3 Geos for a lot of guilds, not looking forward to that tbh.
  • Options
    The new bundles are absolutely worse value.

Worse value than the last LSB's? Sure.

But they're better value than anything else in the game -- assuming these are characters for which you need shards and/or gear. (Since no pack is a good value if you already have the toon relic'd up, I'm only considering the value to people who don't already have the contents.)

• Options

Obviously your choice to pass but I think your item #2 is missing the intent of the pack. That pack is for GAS not the 501st including GAS. While he works great leading the 501st, GAS is very valuable on any Jedi team.
    This is the equivalent of buying a JMK lightspeed bundle and being upset that CAT isnt included. We all agree CAT is a critical component to a JMK team BUT shes not required to get JMK and I wouldn't expect her to be in a JMK bundle if they ever create one.
  • Options
    That's great that you've figured out that these are priced too high for you. Money in your pocket.
  • Options
    Calvin Awesome did a great job of breaking down the crystal/dollar value of each of the new packs and dives into some detail about them and considerations. As per usual, he shows a breakdown of the math in a spreadsheet where it's easy to compare them to their "normal" cost. I think he nailed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR1q6oyTYEg
  • Options
    400 kyros for $15? Im buying it, your money do as you will with it
  • Options

well - the equivalent - you don't get to pick where those kyros go - they go directly on the specified characters, but yeah, the value is impossible to beat anywhere else in the game.
  • Options

well - the equivalent - you don't get to pick where those kyros go - they go directly on the specified characters, but yeah, the value is impossible to beat anywhere else in the game.

True but for me is a great W i was already working on my entire sep faction, its just icing on the cake vzflg34z155r.jpg
  • Options

I don't disagree but I feel these need a little context.

GG & 501st are not actually "required" for any of those events & he's always been a special-ish character so I can see why they didn't include him.

GAS & NS are both very solid options for new folks (GAS) &/or those that want to Catch Up on NS

The Padme bundle is the only one that is really "overlap" & totally NOT worth buying IMHO.
    $25 for what is basically just Nute, Dooku, & Jango isn't a great buy at all.

The 3PO bundle would be decent as a catch up, IF, they didn't gimp out on not giving you 1 Ewok & if it actually had R5 to make the team worth it for someone that already has Leia done w/ 2 ewoks.
    For myself, $15 to boost my Paploo & Logray from G12 to R3 isn't really worth it.
    Not when my G12 is starting to really build up a solid nest egg.

Geo Bundle isn't bad, but not great when you already have half the team at R5.

As a 5 year player, there is almost nothing in these packs that I don't already have & I'm not likely to dish out to raise a couple Geos & Ewoks to fill out teams that I don't use for anything anyway.

• DeusArt
    133 posts Member
    Options
    The idea of LSB is overlapping each other, it’s normal. You choose what you want or spend more to get everything. And yes, early game player will have advantage.
    There is only one thing for me - I would like lsb will not be added for other GLs. Because otherwise there is no reason to farm old ones when you could focus on new characters and buy everything else.
  • gastropoda
    12 posts Member
    edited April 27
    Options
    Hello all
    Now to the list:
    It seems like you're asking for a bit too much, although I agree with you that the LSB this time are not as good as the previous bundles.
    1. overlaping characters were a common occurrence in previous LSB. Do you remember the BB-8 and SLKR bundles ?
    2. Are you mistaken? The name of the LS bundles refers to the character that will be unlocked with that package. GG and other 501st members are not required to unlock GAS.
    3. Agree
    4. LSB never had Zeta, it only helps unlock the characters in the bundles name, not to make the character work well.
  • Options
    I have close to 11m GP and I'll be getting the NS and Geo packs, even though there are only 2 characters in each pack I want. For me it's not just about finishing teams or saving gear/relic materials. It's about how much time it saves me. It's well worth $7.50 each for me to move Poggle and Sun Fac from g12 to R3 instead of farming 6 pieces of gear each. That gear can go to another project and I can save myself a couple weeks in the process.
  • Options
    I know overlaping is commom, it just sucks.
    Overlaping, higher prices, r3, no zetas, no gl, lesser legendary, no use.
    Bro they didnt throw a bloody zetas on r3 ewoks, if i buy those and i dont have seps, most of them will sit on my roster, i can only use relic fives and plokoon ships.
    Those are not for me, i dont have ns, ewoks, geos, seps, clones, but, again, if i buy it they will just sit there, zetaless, incomplete.
    Im buying fallout 4.

• Options
    It's amazing how different you can look at the LSB.
    The LSB is not just about the ability to unlock certain characters and save time in this one moment.

You gain more loot earlier in solo events, bring more power to your guild and earn more in guild events, save much credits and gear etc.

It's the best invest you can do as a newer player (if you are able and willing to invest).

Sure, you should look what you need, what LSB fit best in your roster and plan.

But overall, LSB are for newer player with smaller pockets, close some gaps and bring fresh fun over more possibilities in Events etc.
  • Options
    For me it’s not worth the limited benefit of putting relics on a few lower utility toons vs rewarding the greed of CG. They established a baseline with earlier LSBs that were extremely high value. They’re under no obligation to stick to that but no matter how you try to rationalize that they’re still “worth buying” CG is raising the price and giving you less for it. One or the other I could stomach but not both. I see plenty of people posting already who disagree but that’s my take on it. If the sales of these bundles meet their expectations I would expect the next set to be another downgrade with less given at a higher price point until they reach the limit of what the market will bear.
  • EagleEye
    21 posts Member
    edited April 28
    Options
    Someone will have to explain the greed thing to me again at some point. The bottom line is that you simply look at the actual number of active players (They're not necessarily intoxicatingly good ), their characters and their equipment levels. Then you put together appropriate packages for the biggest differences and set a price. The main goal is always to keep the game running (to create incentives for all players and to enable them to have fun playing) and to recoup the upcoming expenses as early as possible. That becomes more and more difficult over time and with big differences between players. If I buy 6 LSB for €120 now, that's 33 cents a day for a year (actually only 24 cents before tax because of Google's "greed"). But you have to pay some people reasonably and if there's a big profit at the end, that results in fewer thoughts about possibly stopping the game.
    Post edited by EagleEye on
  • Bander71
    9 posts Member
    edited April 29
    Options
    I agree with most that it stings that both the relic is lower and price is higher. Had they kept all at relic 5 there would be less complain about the price increase. It's still a good deal and I will get a few of them.
  • ToLive
    110 posts Member
    Options
    This thread looks like to me "I've been running after you for 3 days to tell you how much I don't care about you"
  • Options
    R1-R5 is not a bottleneck, so it doesn't really matter which they include in the packs

R0 is the hump to get over, so you won't have to farm Kyros.
  • Options
    I know overlaping is commom, it just sucks.
    Overlaping, higher prices, r3, no zetas, no gl, lesser legendary, no use.
    Bro they didnt throw a bloody zetas on r3 ewoks, if i buy those and i dont have seps, most of them will sit on my roster, i can only use relic fives and plokoon ships.
    Those are not for me, i dont have ns, ewoks, geos, seps, clones, but, again, if i buy it they will just sit there, zetaless, incomplete.
    Im buying fallout 4.

None of the LSB's to date have provided lesser legendary or GL's. You got requirements for them, but than still had to put in a ton of work to get the legendary or GL. Despite that they are good value. I have bought and will keep buying.
  • Options
    EagleEye wrote: »
    Someone will have to explain the greed thing to me again at some point. The bottom line is that you simply look at the actual number of active players (They're not necessarily intoxicatingly good ), their characters and their equipment levels. Then you put together appropriate packages for the biggest differences and set a price. The main goal is always to keep the game running (to create incentives for all players and to enable them to have fun playing) and to recoup the upcoming expenses as early as possible. That becomes more and more difficult over time and with big differences between players. If I buy 6 LSB for €120 now, that's 33 cents a day for a year (actually only 24 cents before tax because of Google's "greed"). But you have to pay some people reasonably and if there's a big profit at the end, that results in fewer thoughts about possibly stopping the game.

Given the frequency with which bugs appear in this game (for example right now they are failing the assignment to keep the game running) what is “reasonable” pay for most of the folks at CG? I hope they’re not jacking up the LSB prices to give merit raises. 😂
  • Options
    R1-R5 is not a bottleneck, so it doesn't really matter which they include in the packs

R0 is the hump to get over, so you won't have to farm Kyros.

What’s R0? You mean g13? These are old toons, they’re 100 kyros each. R3->R5 is a lot of signal data, carbonites, etc. so actually it does matter.