Does any in-game explanation of ‘True damage’ exist?

I’d assume maaaaaybe it’d be buried in the kit of the first character to deal this kind of damage—or was provided by our friendly holotables Twi'lek—but who knows who that character even might be.

TL;DR — this game needs a glossary

Replies

• Options
    andej wrote: »
    I’d assume maaaaaybe it’d be buried in the kit of the first character to deal this kind of damage—or was provided by our friendly holotables Twi'lek—but who knows who that character even might be.

Not sure if it's there, but SWGOH does have a wiki page
    all the Jedi say I’m pretty fly for a Qui guy
  • Derdhal
    28 posts Member
    edited April 27
    Options
    andej wrote: »

At least some characters like Rey and Droideka have the explanation in their skill description.

But I agree. It could be difficult for new players to find some descriptions.
  • Options
    "Here a few concepts to help.

A character can deal different types of damage. It's normally written in their abilities. Eg: XYZ deals physical damage...

Physical damage is mitigated by armor

Special damage is mitigated by resistance

True damage can't be mitigated, but can't crit

There is also certain game mechanics that deal damage based on health point. Some debuff example like Dots, Burn, Expose, thermal detonator and specific character ability like courage from Padmé. Those generally do a fixed % of damage and the color is white, just like true damage.

To improve your damage, you can upgrade your :

Offense improves physical damage, special damage and true damage. You can find physical and special damage values in your character sheet.

To improve the amount of damage your character can mitigate, you can upgrade your:

Defense improves both armor and resistance. You can find both values in your character sheet.

So basically when you hit someone the games checks the ability you used and how much offense you have. It then checks who gets hit and how much defense they have. The math is more complicated than that, but you end up with a number."

I found this on reddit.