Finally some good news

slmcmr
875 posts Member
Hey everyone. I just wanted to share my thought with you about the upcoming update and cantina level 7 toons. First of all i'm really happy to see this new protection thing and thus not letting you or ai to one shot some characters before they even move (finally some strategy for battles). We always asked for armor and resistance to be more effective and they made it too. Also those new characters in cantina are awesome that we finally get them without chromiums or hard nodes and we may focus on gears finally. Now add guilds in these and the game might finally get me excited after a long time. I hope you guys are also pleased with incoming changes...

Replies

• Options
    Yeah it seems like it will make the game more interesting. I hate when I loose JC or Talia before they even get a chance to attack. Count dooku still is a ****
  • Options
    It is mostly good news i agree, I just hope they figure out something about the new gear recipes ,locking characters out of gear 9 until the next lvl cap raise is ridiculous. I know they said they're addressing the unfarmable gear pieces with raids but it still can't be "crafted" until 81
  • Artas
    223 posts Member
    Options
    You will face a dancing Dooku anyway... and hitting your toons 4-5 times in a row... :)
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Options
    Artas wrote: »
    You will face a dancing Dooku anyway... and hitting your toons 4-5 times in a row... :)

Yeah but with protection added and Dooku's low damage he may just dance as he likes
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    I'm happy with all these changes and I think the game is finally starting to move into a new direction after a long time of post-release development. Can't wait to see some new changes implemented!
  • Options
    slmcmr wrote: »

Yeah but with protection added and Dooku's low damage he may just dance as he likes

Until you lose Protection and have to start a GW battle without it, facing a fully protected squad ;)
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Options
    OwexBaill wrote: »

Until you lose Protection and have to start a GW battle without it, facing a fully protected squad ;)

Haha you are right that might be the worst part :/ #evenhardergwmatches
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options

Was also my first thought ... GW might become harder or protection just wont do much ... but didnt want to "complain" about this, before i havnt seen it. :)
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    Just a question about this protection... With IG-86 assist ability will that kill a toon from the assisting toon or not?
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Options
    Just a question about this protection... With IG-86 assist ability will that kill a toon from the assisting toon or not?

We don't know how much difference the protection will make yet. So it is let's wait and see situation until tomorrow's update.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    GW will likely be all about having a deep bench now. Being able to switch in fresh and protected toons now and then throughout the run.
  • Options
    Fortitude is our only best protection!
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Options
    You know what would be worse, if our suicide toons don't die in the first round of enemy and let them lower the cooldowns for 1 or 2. Better keep suicide toons lower than protection requirements
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Nah, build them strong enough to hack away a little at the enemy protection instead :)
  • Options

Yep. I complete gw every day and have a deep bench. If this makes it impossible even for me I will be leaving this game, as will many I expect. Fortitude should be kept out of GW. Or be healable in GW. With this change, a deep bench won't matter imo.

GW will become for whales only.