Murphy's law or do you like lvl 7 Cantina shards

Prev1
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/26965/cantina-battles-stage-7-shard-drops#latest

So the new truly farmable toons are:
7-A: Tusken Raider
7-B: Snowtrooper
7-C: Royal Guard
7-E: Ima-Gun Di
7-G: Jedi Knight Anakin

Not interested in Tusken Raider or Snowtrooper. I finished RG long time ago (got tons of shards from Chromiums before he became superhero). Finished JKA yesterday. Finishing Ima Gun Di (21/100). Those were 3 toons I've been working lately. Murphy's law, isn't it?

Putting personal preferences aside, I believe it's a pretty decent toon additions and community must like it. No nice presents in the form of Chromium-only (Leia, Aaayla, Kit Fisto, etc). But Cantina battles is the next most viable farming place after Arena/GW shipments; so nice to see those 3 toons moved there. Really surprised about Tusken Raider. Don't we have him in GW shipments already? Wouldn't it be nicer to move some of Cantina shipment toons (Daka, Ahsoka, Boba Fett, Fives)?

Replies

• Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Yeah I really don't understand what Tusken Raider does there. It's an easy farm as it is.

I'm in the same spot. 7*'d all those toons already except Anakin, and only need 40 shards on him. This was a little bit of a letdown tbh.
  • Options
    RG and ima gun di are good toons. Anakin too.

Guess the situation of people having piles of GW and arena tokens will continue. Cantina is where its at.
  • Options
    RG and ima gun di are good toons. Anakin too.

Guess the situation of people having piles of GW and arena tokens will continue. Cantina is where its at.

Yeah I was really hoping for some new toons in arena and GW. The ones I have left are really subpar. Only excited about RG in cantina as he's a hard farm and an awesome toon.
  • Options
    Nope, nothing new or exciting there.
  • Options
    I'm farming Anakin. So yeah.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    Surprised Rey wasn't thrown in there along with RG and Anakin :trollface:
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    I think they made a mistake and accidently swapped tusken raider with URoRRuR'R'R
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im currently farming RG, Ima and Anakin this is super great for me!!!!!!!!
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    RG, Anakin, Ima Gun di and Snowtrooper are all good additions. The cantina energy required it quite high, so it will help to max some of those heroes, that you've already unlocked. I bet they will add chromium characters into lower cantina nodes in the future, like they did with Lando and Ben. As soon as some new hero gets released.
  • Options
    YES!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Thank the lord for Ima Gun.
  • ModeratusImperialis
    353 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I love the additions. Not all of them but Ima, Ani and RG are toons thar are currently draining me for 432 energy a day. I will be happy to see some or all of that go towards farming gear that I specifically need. I guess if I had hard farmed them until they were done I'd not mind really. It'd just mean I could focus on other characters in the Cantina that I don't yet have but want.

And I guess if the adding of those meant that I didn't have any left I wanted to add to my collection I fear there are few toons I'd actually have left to finish so that wouldn't be a problem. And if push comes to shove I could just farm for Grievous. Now if I had Grievous as well, then maybe we're looking at a luxury problem.
  • Options
    lol do you even Murphy law btw.
  • Options

Yes, I think I know. It's when you're smart, but every time you want to troll on forum and show off your intelligence, you end up making a grammar mistake in the post.
  • Options
    If seriously, Murphy's law has following conclusion (among others):
    You get the most of what you need the least.
  • Apoc
    172 posts Member
    Options

That won't happen for some time. Rey is such a hard grind, and I think they'll leave her at that.
  • El_Duderino
    413 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    Yeah I really don't understand what Tusken Raider does there. It's an easy farm as it is.

I bet that's going to be the node with all the boss gear on it, too ;)
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Yes - I think he meant "are these heroes you already have farmed"?
    ETA: Which he just explained. lol

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Apoc wrote: »

That won't happen for some time. Rey is such a hard grind, and I think they'll leave her at that.

How is Rey harder than JKA? He has 2x 16 energy nodes and a 20. Rey is 12, 16, 20. Ima and RG are both harder than Rey bc they have only two nodes, and Snowtrooper is the hardest with one hard node requiring 20 energy and no refreshes at the moment.
  • Options
    As ftp I am very happy with the toons they released. I'll probably start on RG once I finish Barris, which I just started. Will take a couple of weeks to get to 77 as I am still at 73. I'll continue to farm RG on the hard nodes until then.
  • puru
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Nonemo wrote: »

It's not the first time they have done it. IG-86, Biggs, Datcha are common between Cantina and Arena/GW. So whatever their logic is, its good they are still following it. I for one don't understand it either. Someone who can complete Cantina level 7 node wouldnt have any problems collecting GW/Arena tokens.

• Options
    As ftp I am very happy with the toons they released. I'll probably start on RG once I finish Barris, which I just started. Will take a couple of weeks to get to 77 as I am still at 73. I'll continue to farm RG on the hard nodes until then.

Problem is : by the time you reach 77, meta will change and RG may not be the best Arena tank anymore.
  • puru
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Problem is : by the time you reach 77, meta will change and RG may not be the best Arena tank anymore.
    at level 80 G9, RG is 27K HP. That combined with protection is a big headache. It is possible he may not be the uber go to toon, but he will remain relevant in the arena for the forseeable future.
  • ubn87
    314 posts Member
    Options
    The only ones who will complain are dolphins and whales. And them being what, 5 % of the playerbase? (Just throwing numbers out there)

Better they throw in powerful and popular toons (except maybe raider) then lame toons no one wants.
  • puru
    161 posts Member
    Options
    ubn87 wrote: »
    The only ones who will complain are dolphins and whales. And them being what, 5 % of the playerbase? (Just throwing numbers out there)

Better they throw in powerful and popular toons (except maybe raider) then lame toons no one wants.

Actually in this particular case, some FTPs groaned more than whales. Most of them did the hard farm for Anakin for months on the hard nodes only to see him appear on the cantina. Whales who get their toons from chromiums, dont really care about the cantina. Most dolphins are happy because they spend on refresh and can fast farm on cantina, rather than the long grind on hard nodes.
  • Options
    ubn87 wrote: »
    The only ones who will complain are dolphins and whales.

You maybe right and it may be the reason why Leia, Aayla or other chromium only toons didn't make it to Cantina battles. Still, RG and Di are solid additions, and will make a lot of F2P happy.
  • Options
    Wooohooo on IMG and RG. Ani is nice but he can wait......
  • Options
    RG is going to be everywhere. EVERYWHERE!
    I am Darth Spartacus
  • Options
    I am happy with those choices! Looking forward to it!!!
  • Options
    I don't understand Tusken Raider either. There must some method/plan as to where to put character shards in Cantina nodes. Either that, or the new combat changes make all of these characters much more viable.

If the combat update wasn't looming, I'd seriously question why Tusken Raider was added.