Royal Guard is getting a nerf

ElToro
149 posts Member
I don't know what you guys think about this but usually when companies make OP characters easily available to the public is because they are trying to get the last juice out of it before they nerf it, i might be wrong but there might be a good possibility that this is going to happen

Replies

• Options
    You mean like Dooku and Qui-Gon?
  • Options
    I'll be grateul if you share all that's going to happen so I can plan for the future.

Seriously, guys, give it a rest. Just a day to go, hold your horses, please!!!!
  • Usho
    586 posts Member
    Options
    or they just care about f2ps too ? and giving them access to other hard farm/p2p characters? if Im not mistaken Jesse said that once characters get old theyll release them for everyone...
  • Options
    I'll be grateul if you share all that's going to happen so I can plan for the future.

I am.

Yvc4EpH.jpg

But I still think RG is going to become a more balanced tank in the meta.
  • Options
    zerizut wrote: »
    You mean like Dooku and Qui-Gon?

/thread.
  • Options
    Considering the JUST buffed him, I doubt it
  • Options
    Considering the JUST buffed him, I doubt it

Yep was about to say that. And they just fixed dookus lead ability. Whiners aren't getting their way here
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    The only appeal of RG is that he protects toons off-turn in a meta where it's a requirement to nuke one or two toons before they even move. As this theoretically won't be happening anymore his importance will be diminished.....theoretically.
  • Options

I am.

Yvc4EpH.jpg

Haha, that's only one!
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    The only appeal of RG is that he protects toons off-turn in a meta where it's a requirement to nuke one or two toons before they even move. As this theoretically won't be happening anymore his importance will be diminished.....theoretically.

80% stun. And with lumi he can last a whole match right now. I see him becoming MORE useful
  • Options

Makes sense, but his set of skills and health pool will still be very helpful. Theoretically, lol!
  • Options

I am.

Yvc4EpH.jpg

Haha, that's only one!

ummm... she's pregnant?!.. idk... i'm not THAT strong.

That pic is great meme material btw. I gotta go now but when I get back I hope someone has done something with it. Do not disappoint me SWGOH community, you're my only hope!
  • Options
    one last thing...

At least we can all sleep soundly knowing that Chewie will continue to be hopeless in the new meta. Yay. :disappointed:
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

80% stun. And with lumi he can last a whole match right now. I see him becoming MORE useful

Probably not. But we shall see. He lasts the whole match now without Lumi. The nature of this meta is that it's possible to nuke the entire opposing team before they can do the same to only your RG. There are other tanks that offer viable alternatives to RG if their taunt could be made relevant before 2/5 of their team was dead and/or weren't ohko themselves.
  • Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @Telaan , trying to avoid multi quoting and wanted to say I actually agree. I think Han is also a very good tank. I always attack him first, he doesn't even have to taunt, lol! The perfect tank! Given the right support, that itself can be the deciding factor on defense. I usually take an AoE squad when facing RG and pretend he's not even there. Dunno about attacks as I hardly ever use any tanks, only used Poe after the speed changes with my AoE team. I've always been late to the game with tanks.

Edit: Just wanted to add, I don't take RG easy. Maxed, he's the one toon that makes me look at other teams. But if I do attack that team, I disregard the taunt as no point if I'm going to AoE.
  • Options
    RG directly dictates your play. Be it setting the burndown a certain way, QGJ dispelling it, actually frying him as fast as you can because you popped his taunt ( ... Autocorrect said taint.. What the heck..), etc, it's dictating tactics without the use of a live turn.

That's a mighty fine advantage. Add on some nifty stuns if they land or a decent defense buff ( which is a stat getting love supposedly) and he's still **** solid.

And agreed, Chewie is hosed and seriously makes me consider gearing up my Han before taking him to hear 7 just because he's SOOO bad
  • Options
    @Telaan , trying to avoid multi quoting and wanted to say I actually agree. I think Han is also a very good tank. I always attack him first, he doesn't even have to taunt, lol! The perfect tank! Given the right support, that itself can be the deciding factor on defense. I usually take an AoE squad when facing RG and pretend he's not even there. Dunno about attacks as I hardly ever use any tanks, only used Poe after the speed changes with my AoE team. I've always been late to the game with tanks.

Edit: Just wanted to add, I don't take RG easy. Maxed, he's the one toon that makes me look at other teams. But if I do attack that team, I disregard the taunt as no point if I'm going to AoE.

An AOE strategy might be great against a team of glass cannons trying to hide behind RG, but against tanky guys, especially CT-5555 with his high probability of countering, it's not the best idea.

I'm really sick of pointless nerfing nonsense. Just when RG is working as he is supposed to work, you want to nerf him back to utter uselessness? He's not perfect, but he's really good at what he is meant to do, and there are obvious methods to deal with him, unlike the POE before speed bug fix era where having POE was the ONLY way to have a 50/50 shot at winning. You can do really well without him, so he's definitely not OP.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    With Protection making it take longer for RG to taunt, I am not sure any adjustment will be needed.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    With a new meta, who knows. But I think they are going to wait a few weeks before making any changes, wait to see what happens. Besides, it's going to be a few weeks before most ftp players will even be able to farm him.
  • Options
    Hyperalloy wrote: »

An AOE strategy might be great against a team of glass cannons trying to hide behind RG, but against tanky guys, especially CT-5555 with his high probability of countering, it's not the best idea.

Agreed. I usually take my own tanks in if I face such a team. My own 5s, Phasma, Kylo etc. With Dooku lead, it usually works out.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    My guess is that RG won't need a nerf, as he will become less important in the new meta. His primary use right now is oriented around the one-shotting: he allows your guys to one-shot before THEY get one shot. If they really are changing things to reduce the OHKOs, they also reduce the importance of RG. I believe we'll see less of him in a month, rather than more, despite his Cantina node.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    With Protection making it take longer for RG to taunt, I am not sure any adjustment will be needed.

Exactly.
  • Options
    ElToro wrote: »
    I don't know what you guys think about this but usually when companies make OP characters easily available to the public is because they are trying to get the last juice out of it before they nerf it, i might be wrong but there might be a good possibility that this is going to happen

Your profile picture needs a nerf
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    ElToro wrote: »

Your profile picture needs a nerf

Lmao!!!!!
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »

It'll also make it take longer to kill him after he taunts. The best weapon against him would be someone like QGJ or Asajj who can dispell the taunt.