Kit Reveal: Padawanda Express

2Next

Replies

• Ultra
    11541 posts Moderator
    edited May 6
    Options
    The exclusive datacron for 7* on marquee seems to be CG experimenting people's interest and impact of the datacron

I'm guessing QGJ will also have this and in 3 months after the datacron expires, they'll have the data they need and in 6 months time we will know if its going to be the new normal

We have no idea what the exclusive datacron stats are (i'm guessing its a L9 Datacron with fixed static values for L3 and L6)

so really, too early to complain but it seems like a bonus gift for people who 7* on day one

EDIT: I can understand why its controversial to some but marquees are too expensive as-is ($300) so i don't see them throwing a powerful datacron as a bonus for 7* toons as a bad thing
    Post edited by Ultra on
  • Options
    I have a problem with his braid. Isn't a padawan braid supposed to drape on one side, rather than sticking out in the center back of the head?
  • Options
    As funny as that is to be able to spam almost every buff/debuff in the game, I won't be getting the omicron.

The datacron tied to whaling on 7* POW (maybe that could do with a slight tweak?) for the event is a terrible idea. No info on what it does, but CG expect people to spend for it as it "must be good" if it exclusive.
  • Winterwolves
    1753 posts Member
    Options
    IvoB1987 wrote: »
    That omicron also makes for some crazy damage with Amplify Agony

That will make the inflict debuff feats take longer, as you will kill the enemy team in a little over 5 moves with one debuff count each.
  • Hornist
    64 posts Member
    edited May 6
    Options
    The crazy thing is that this Omicron is REALLY good. WAY better than I expected it to be and certainly would be super useful in conquest.

But it STILL isn't worth it. xD Sorry CG. when every conquest char has THREE omi abilities and every new team looks like it's going to have one for each game mode, there is just no reason to apply them for conquest.

Maybe if conquest gave a significant number of omi mats, (like 5+) but otherwise it just seems not worth it with how few we get.

this is definitely closer though. Probly a good.pickuo for people who don't play gac much. if it didn't have the stamina caveat it might be more universally viable. just the return on investment is so low for most rosters imo.

Definitely a step in the right direction though
  • Screerider
    1406 posts Member
    Options
    Huh. Every decision does seem to push me closer to quitting the game, so I guess that's a plus.
  • thedrjojo
    961 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    The exclusive datacron for 7* on marquee seems to be CG experimenting people's interest and impact of the datacron

I'm guessing QGJ will also have this and in 3 months after the datacron expires, they'll have the data they need and in 6 months time we will know if its going to be the new normal

We have no idea what the exclusive datacron stats are (i'm guessing its a L9 Datacron with fixed static values for L3 and L6)

so really, too early to complain but it seems like a bonus gift for people who 7* on day one

I can understand why its controversial to some but marquees are too expensive as-is and i don't see them throwing a powerful datacron as a bonus for 7* toons

But if poncho qgj and pow are on the same team, can only use one DC. So my guess is there won't be 2 exclusive datacrons, just the one, but it's going to call out poncho like the chirruit cron does (might be a mirror of the chirruit cron)
  • crzydroid
    7358 posts Moderator
    Options
    I have a problem with his braid. Isn't a padawan braid supposed to drape on one side, rather than sticking out in the center back of the head?

There's the braid and then there's also the ponytail. Character model doesn't seem different than the movie.
  • Options
    CG may be trying to push Conquest omicrons but I have a feeling most normal players won’t bite.
  • Ultra
    11541 posts Moderator
    Options
    thedrjojo wrote: »

I can understand why its controversial to some but marquees are too expensive as-is and i don't see them throwing a powerful datacron as a bonus for 7* toons

But if poncho qgj and pow are on the same team, can only use one DC. So my guess is there won't be 2 exclusive datacrons, just the one, but it's going to call out poncho like the chirruit cron does (might be a mirror of the chirruit cron)

that's true

but I still think they will give you two L9 datacrons and its up to you to either create two GR teams (for 3v3 GAC) or pick between the one of the two you like (QGJ's L9 might be better than OB1s) until Conquest Padme

Ob1 DC might be Critical Hit based so QGJ DC might be better when going against a team with General Kenobi for example

and the leftover DC would be good for its L8 benefits that you can equip to another GR team
  • Gawejn
    1125 posts Member
    Options
    About exclusive premium 300 usd datacron...hm i wanted to spend some money on new lsb and this new exclusive datacron just made me not wanting to spend anything......so thanks...i just saved few bucks
  • Options

Having just seen Episode 1 this past Friday, I can confirm that as a Padawan Obi Wan has both a Padawan braid on the side of his head and a stupid tiny ponytail sticking straight out the back of his head as well.

Glad to see a Conquest omi for budgetary reasons, no need to apply that one! I'm wondering which mode Qui Gon is going to have one for now.
  • Options
    Cookiezi wrote: »
    CG is really trying hard to make us apply Conquest Omicrons and I think it's working lol

It definitely is a really good omicron for conquest. The problem is that unless omicrons become more available, people are going to spend their omicrons on other characters, especially conquest characters.

• Options
    "Padawan Obi-Wan gains Discipline until the end of battle which can't be copied, dispelled, or resisted"
    Shouldn't it say that it can't be prevented instead of "resisted"?
  • MasterLumis
    9 posts Member
    edited May 7
    Options
    Tell me you underpowered your character on purpose to get people to whale *cough* exclusive datacon *cough* without telling me you purposefully under power your characters to get people to spend more money.
    So ridiculous. Why can’t you guys just try to make things fun? Everything has to be behind some stupid paywall. Datacons and now conquest and galactic challenge omicrons??? Total Scrooge-Mc-CG move
    It’s supposed to be a game not the IRS.
  • Options
    All these conquest omicrons smell an awful lot like CG’s planning on making character unlocks in 3 conquests and red crates impossible without spending money.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »

There's the braid and then there's also the ponytail. Character model doesn't seem different than the movie.

Man, you are right. Don't know why I never realized he had a ponytail.
  • Ultra
    11541 posts Moderator
    Options
    All these conquest omicrons smell an awful lot like CG’s planning on making character unlocks in 3 conquests and red crates impossible without spending money.

you DO KNOW that omicrons materials do not require money right?

I think its a big overreaction to say that conquest units are getting paywalled since players of all levels can earn omicrons and equip them to Padawan Kenobi

Conquest units are some of the best units in the game, so even if they did require one conquest omicron every 3 months, this game is all about resource allocation, and this will allow some F2P players that are smarter in their resource allocation to get ahead other F2P players too

Personally, I think conquest is the kind of game mode where players can find a way to clear without equipping any specific omicrons
  • LastNeuron
    112 posts Member
    Options

you DO KNOW that omicrons materials do not require money right?

I think its a big overreaction to say that conquest units are getting paywalled since players of all levels can earn omicrons and equip them to Padawan Kenobi

Conquest units are some of the best units in the game, so even if they did require one conquest omicron every 3 months, this game is all about resource allocation, and this will allow some F2P players that are smarter in their resource allocation to get ahead other F2P players too

Personally, I think conquest is the kind of game mode where players can find a way to clear without equipping any specific omicrons

I think you're playing a different game... Good for you, but for the community it is not so "funny and easy" the new way
  • Options
    Horrible idea... obvious cash grab... I think it will backfire personally... not a single person in our guild likes the idea and many are annoyed of the current trend of the game already... we have a few people leave the game every month that have been here for years
  • Options
    That Omi looks amazing. Makes me consider coming back to the game.

• Krjstoff
    634 posts Member
    edited May 7
    Options
    So, instead of there always being a datacron for the new shiny toons that we can actually farm from conquest, now we have to shell out $300 for the same thing?

Good choice, CG… I’m sure you’ll please your player base with that move.
  • Gawejn
    1125 posts Member
    Options
    Krjstoff wrote: »
    So, instead of there always being a datacron for the new shiny toons that we can actually farm from conquest, now we have to shell out $300 for the same thing?

Good choice, CG… I’m sure you’ll please your player base with that move.

No, they think they give bonus to 300 usd spenders....but YES...the cost for a cron is 300 usd but only during marquee event, otherwise you wont be able to get it at all....
    Also if you wanna get a cron for 300usd for a new toon you would have a nice bonus ...7* toon...kind of nice...

• Byakko
    1 posts Member
    Options
    So, does this POW have to be fed and cleaned to grow? says Nyah?
  • Aiscalp
    22 posts Member
    Options
    As it goes, I'd rather they add those horrible and unwanted dcrons and omis than any characters from the ObiWan, Ahsoka or Acolyte series.