Webstore and Multiple accounts

Dahmi
7 posts Member
edited May 9
It is not uncommon for folks to run an alt or two. The new web store will not let you switch accounts without first clearing your cache for EA website and swgoh store website. While the EA connect is useful in many cases this is such a set back for people with multiple accounts. Between the beta PC app requiring me to close the game > Logout of EA app > Log into second EA account > Launch game again slow everything down. Adding in these extra steps to clear cache every time I want to login for the daily chest is Stupidly frustrating. Fortunately I got into the PC beta on both of my accounts but still I can't run more than one client at a time which again slows down getting my dailies done. Why does CG hate people running multiple accounts. I make purchases on both accounts and it like you just don't want half the money of me playing 2 accounts because you keep making this harder to do.

Other than the account switching issue the new design looks great and I was otherwise excited to see the change.
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Options
    I use different browsers for the webstore it makes it easier and allows me to stay signed in on them... Most of the time anyways
  • Winterwolves
    1786 posts Member
    Options
    This is really annoying.

I untick "keep me signed in"
    I turned off all but required cookies.

I click log out. It does not log out. As soon as I click log in again, it goes straight to the same account. If I say I want to log out, I want to log out.

Only clearing the browser data works, then I have to navigate to the store again.

I also see the new layout as no better, or worse.
  • Options
    Just contacted ea help because I can log in with my 2nd account (chrome browser) but when I try to log in with my main account (firefox browser) it alwasy says "try again"

EA help said that they have a problem on their side which effects some players and to try again some time later.

In case someone else was struggeling
  • Options
    I can't even get in, can't log out, tried clearing browsing history and cache etc, didn't do anything and I play 3 accounts. If you can only run one pc client and only log in with one account eventually, its a massive downgrade if anything at all, I was looking forward to dropping using bluestacks. These things shouldn't be an issue in this day and age of coding and programming :(
  • Options
    Using chrome on my droid/google based phone and opening the web store in an incognito tab/window, I was able to log in with my alts email with the older login system where EA sends the verification code via email.
  • Options
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead This is a major issue. Are devs addressing the issue? This will cause lots of people to stop playing and will certainly cost thousands in revenue. I can't log into my main account or all but one of my alts. My guild is made up of mostly military service players. When one of them is deployed and doesn't have access to the game, we play for them. Now we will not have access to the webstore for them. This is unexceptionable, ridiculous and unfair!
  • LendersQuiz
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    As a few others have already suggested, try using two different browsers.
  • Options
    I cant get into ANY account. Itwont even get me to the actual Login page. It says click here to login - *click* then immediately goes to tge try again pafe. Impossible to login
  • Options
    Nice work on fixing the multiple account issue so fast. Once logged out, it now gives the option of returning to the same account or using another.
  • Options
    +1 for just stay logged in, but use different browsers.
    Except that you can’t stay logged in anymore sooooo