POW free webstore shards?

Prev1
The announcement said he would release like the gungans which all had a free 10? Shards in the webstore on release day. Are we getting that for POW as well?

Replies

• crzydroid
    7364 posts Moderator
    Options
    It was 5...but also wondering.
  • Options
    Was wondering the same thing....
  • RatNamedSplintr
    34 posts Member
    edited May 9
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    It was 5...but also wondering.

Oh yeah just saw I’m at 15/30 so 5 is accurate lol
  • Hev_Daman
    51 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not really surprised there are no free shards, but it does significantly impact the math on how sensible it is for the average player to spend on the gamble packs. 2598 vs 3897 crystals is not nothing!
  • RatNamedSplintr
    34 posts Member
    edited May 9
    Options
    Hev_Daman wrote: »
    I'm not really surprised there are no free shards, but it does significantly impact the math on how sensible it is for the average player to spend on the gamble packs. 2598 vs 3897 crystals is not nothing!

Exactly. Now I’ll need 3. Compared to 2 last time-thats 1300 crystals more. Like so disappointing. Maybe they needed to give people a reason to get the gungans whereas everyone probably wants POW more so cash in time.
  • Options
    Seems like they are also trying to stop casual purchases of the $30 packs. Changing the reset time already decreased its value, but now with no free shards it’s even worse value.

I guess their math shows they make more this way, but I’ll get to save my money this time. Thank you. 😊
  • Jonnys95s10
    6 posts Member
    edited May 9
    Options
    Curious why the change and no free shards after they said it would be like the Gungan marquee events.
  • Options
    Same here. Why would they change that?
    And this has definitely impact on my plans....
  • CorranHorn80
    44 posts Member
    edited May 9
    Options
    They said similar to the gungan events. Not the same.
  • Options
    They said similar to the gungan events. Not the same.

That’s why I said “like” the gungans meaning similar not exactly.
  • SWHarleyKid
    17 posts Member
    edited May 9
    Options
    just bought 2 packs hoping to get lucky got 7 each time lol so 1 shard short of 4* POW, typical.
  • Hev_Daman
    51 posts Member
    Options
    The POW event is the same as the Gungans. The free shards aren't part of the event, so no deception there (IMO).
  • Options
    Hev_Daman wrote: »
    The POW event is the same as the Gungans. The free shards aren't part of the event, so no deception there (IMO).

Makes sense. But I guess we all figured the 5 shards would be the same as well. Dropping an extra 1300 isn’t a small thing.
  • Options
    I agree that they didn’t say there would be a free shard pack. Given the issues of late and the launch of webstore 2.0 I’m more curious if it was intended but didn’t post in the free section of the store.

Also with the 25% more on shard packs they might be taking the gamble on those that don’t have enough for 3 crystal packs saved spending $10 to get to 4*.
  • Options
    I agree that they didn’t say there would be a free shard pack. Given the issues of late and the launch of webstore 2.0 I’m more curious if it was intended but didn’t post in the free section of the store.

Also with the 25% more on shard packs they might be taking the gamble on those that don’t have enough for 3 crystal packs saved spending $10 to get to 4*.

Have the crystals just wasn’t planning on spending them on this sadly.
  • Options
    You don't have to open any packs as you'll get more free shards tomorrow to get him up to 4 stars. You'd only miss out on 4 kyro's.
  • MasterSeedy
    5135 posts Member
    edited May 9
    Options
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead

Could we get word on whether the lack of bonus shards in the webstore is as intended. Thanks.
  • Options
    Zoso001971 wrote: »
    You don't have to open any packs as you'll get more free shards tomorrow to get him up to 4 stars. You'd only miss out on 4 kyro's.

Looking at the notes in game you have to get to 4* to earn additional shards. You only get gear on the daily 3* battle.
  • RatNamedSplintr
    34 posts Member
    edited May 9
    Options
    nvm.

The odds are highest at 7 shards then 5 so most likely 3 packs for most. There aren’t 5 shards from the webstore. For the gungans there were so you finished at 20/30.
  • Options
    Zoso001971 wrote: »

The 3* tier doesn’t give shards they start at the 4* tier and you have to open packs to get to 4*. With the gungans you only had to open 2 packs now it’s 3.
  • nellAx19
    27 posts Member
    Options
    With the new structure, I always planned on spending crystals on two marquee packs per character to at least hit 4*, which grants you more shards through the daily attempts. Even if you pulled two 5 shard packs (the lowest amount), the extra 5 from the store would put you at 30/30 (enough to reach 4* and the next tier for daily shards).

On the last five characters, I've pulled freakin 7 shards TEN times in a row! Aside from that being less than a 3% chance...this means that I have 29/30 with POW because I'm missing those shards from the store...and due to some crystal investment, I can't even afford another pack to push me over the limit.

It's hard to complain about "free stuff", but I wish I had at least glanced the math, but I assumed it would be the same as before. They've altered the deal, and I pray they don't alter it further. Would've been nice to have those 2600 crystals right before bonus drops.
  • Options
    It is what it is but I’d just like to know definitively if we’re getting them or not before I burn the additional 1299.
    @cg_tusken_meathead
  • LordDirt
    5106 posts Member
    Options
    Just CG seeing who will buy 3 packs. Always moving the goal posts and seeing what the community will do.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • MasterSeedy
    5135 posts Member
    Options
    I've gone ahead and bought the 3rd pack. I does alter the math quite a bit.

we get 35 free shards for qualifying for the next tier.

that's 3900 crystals spent, total shards for that investment had been (10 to 14) + (35), so 2600/(45 to 49) = 53-58 crystals per shard, a reasonable amount considering the shipments price will be 80 crystals/shard.

Now it's ~19 + 35, so 3900/54 = 72 crystals/shard.

Of course individual luck may vary, but you're not likely to spend 1300 or 2600 given that you're hugely likely to get 7 or 5 shards (though much more often 7).

I went ahead and bought the 3rd pack (I got 7 & 5 on 1st and 2nd pulls, 7 on the 3rd, which is a very typical pull given that these are the two most frequent amounts and 7 is much more likely than 5).

I'm still saving money over shipments -- assuming that I don't get sick or otherwise have something happen that causes me to miss a day of free shards, so it's not like I can say that the total value is bad, but there are a ton of people who actually think that the shipment price is pretty bad and so for the community as a whole, I think that this change -- if it's official and if it stands, is probably bad for most people and bad for CG if the point is to encourage people to spend crystals.

I hope that they change it back. It's just luck and longevity that has me with a stack of crystals that allows me to shrug my shoulders and buy one more pack just in case it takes too long for CG to fix this or CG decides not to fix this.
  • MasterSeedy
    5135 posts Member
    Options
    It is what it is but I’d just like to know definitively if we’re getting them or not before I burn the additional 1299.
    @cg_tusken_meathead

Yeah, I think most people are where you are. I actually thought about waiting until tomorrow morning to decide on all this, but I guess I just didn't have the patience.
  • Options
    At 2 packs, I thought it was worth it. If it is going to be 3 packs... I think I'll take the pass. the Gungans worked out to about 40 crystals per shard, this would make it roughly 50% more expensive, so approaching 60 crystals per shard. (Assuming one doesnt hit the jackpot of course :-P)

Plus POW will be farmable before Master Qui Gon anyway. I may decide to take the marquee path when it will help complete the squad quicker.
  • Options
    @cg_tusken_meathead

Yeah, I think most people are where you are. I actually thought about waiting until tomorrow morning to decide on all this, but I guess I just didn't have the patience.

Yeah but the thing is for the most value you have to decide today so you can get the kyro and shards for today. If you wait until tomorrow that’s 5 shards less in the long run.
  • Options
    I've gone ahead and bought the 3rd pack. I does alter the math quite a bit.

we get 35 free shards for qualifying for the next tier.

that's 3900 crystals spent, total shards for that investment had been (10 to 14) + (35), so 2600/(45 to 49) = 53-58 crystals per shard, a reasonable amount considering the shipments price will be 80 crystals/shard.

Now it's ~19 + 35, so 3900/54 = 72 crystals/shard.

Of course individual luck may vary, but you're not likely to spend 1300 or 2600 given that you're hugely likely to get 7 or 5 shards (though much more often 7).

I went ahead and bought the 3rd pack (I got 7 & 5 on 1st and 2nd pulls, 7 on the 3rd, which is a very typical pull given that these are the two most frequent amounts and 7 is much more likely than 5).

I'm still saving money over shipments -- assuming that I don't get sick or otherwise have something happen that causes me to miss a day of free shards, so it's not like I can say that the total value is bad, but there are a ton of people who actually think that the shipment price is pretty bad and so for the community as a whole, I think that this change -- if it's official and if it stands, is probably bad for most people and bad for CG if the point is to encourage people to spend crystals.

I hope that they change it back. It's just luck and longevity that has me with a stack of crystals that allows me to shrug my shoulders and buy one more pack just in case it takes too long for CG to fix this or CG decides not to fix this.

Yes value is good but it’s more that you have to have the 3900 crystals to drop today to make it the best value. As opposed to 2600. That’s quite a difference for most players I’d say.
  • CrispyFett
    996 posts Member
    Options
    It would be nice to know sooner rather than later one way or the other for sure
  • LordDirt
    5106 posts Member
    Options
    At 2 packs, I thought it was worth it. If it is going to be 3 packs... I think I'll take the pass. the Gungans worked out to about 40 crystals per shard, this would make it roughly 50% more expensive, so approaching 60 crystals per shard. (Assuming one doesnt hit the jackpot of course :-P)

Plus POW will be farmable before Master Qui Gon anyway. I may decide to take the marquee path when it will help complete the squad quicker.

MQGJ will be released within the next two weeks. Not a big window between releases.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?