What's up with the .gg site?

Did I miss some announcement about changes? I've been getting a bunch of error messages today when trying to access, and now that it finally loaded (sort of), it looks totally different (and not in a good way!).

Can't access any guild info right now (still migrating I guess?), which is a real pita when trying to manage platoon fills.... A heads up about downtime would have been nice....

Replies

• Options
    Apparently the site is getting revamped, which I didn’t know.
  • Options
    Yeah it only works half way atm
  • Options
    Would've been nice to have warning about downtime....
  • Options
    CWineGirl wrote: »

You do know CG doesn’t have to do anything with that site?
  • mariogsh
    809 posts Member
    Options

They did, on their discord
    And this has nothing to do with CG mate
  • Options
    If CG was running swgoh.gg, they'd have shut it down right in the middle of a GAC.

The new look is interesting, hopefully viewing accounts continues to be easily interactive.
  • Options
    Didn't know it was separate from CG. Good to know for the future....
    Weird that the revamp looks like the updated EA webstore tho. Not a fan... Thought it looked better before.
  • Options
    Didn't know it was separate from CG. Good to know for the future....
    Weird that the revamp looks like the updated EA webstore tho. Not a fan... Thought it looked better before.

I think it'll just take some getting used to - we've all been staring at the old site for years so I think a bit of adjustment is to be expected. I expect the new site will end up being more usable - I don't think they'd make such drastic changes to the site to end up with something that's not as good. As for the aesthetics - I like the new color scheme - I always found the white background to be pretty abrasive - very utilitarian and very functional - but hard to look at.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • scuba
    14186 posts Member
    Options
    Semi dark mode is great.
  • Options
    I don't mind dark mode. Just don't love the layout so far. But I know they're still fixing some stuff. So I'll give them some time to work through the kinks before forming a full opinion....
  • Options
    Can’t access at all, just says “not available on this server”
    Any ideas ?
  • enlguy
    90 posts Member
    Options
    Any ideas ?

Yeah, wait. There is a message on the homepage stating they will have syncing back up in the 'coming days.' The homepage should load for you, but a lot of the functionality is down right now.
  • Options
    Revamping so next time you manage to load it up it'll have a little box probably saying please pay to continue..
    Tell me I'm wrong. Please..
  • StarSon
    7529 posts Member
    Options
    Revamping so next time you manage to load it up it'll have a little box probably saying please pay to continue..
    Tell me I'm wrong. Please..

You're wrong. They already have a Patreon, and it's for no ads and GAC Insights.
  • Screerider
    1460 posts Member
    Options
    Any ideas ?
    I don't think our Profile pages are working yet. Go to the top page, rather than a sub-page you probably have Favorited. https://swgoh.gg/

• Whatelse73
    2220 posts Member
    Options
    It is slowly coming back as they add more functions and data. I'm sure it'll be 100% soon enough. It's looking pretty good so far though, lots of easier ways to view information.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2946 posts Member
    Options
    Question. If they are separate from CG, how are they getting all the data? Could I start a website and do the same thing as .gg? I really enjoyed using GAC insights for the past couple of GAC's, but I do not have access anymore, and I do not think its worth $10 a month, $3 yes, but not $10.
  • Blubcop
    426 posts Member
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Question. If they are separate from CG, how are they getting all the data? Could I start a website and do the same thing as .gg? I really enjoyed using GAC insights for the past couple of GAC's, but I do not have access anymore, and I do not think its worth $10 a month, $3 yes, but not $10.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/220663/grand-arena-history-on-swgoh-gg#latest

They were/are working together to make gac history a thing
  • scuba
    14186 posts Member
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Yes you could host your own version of something similar. It doesn't provide GAC history however that is available from another source you can find thru the comlink discord.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/10t1e9p/introducing_swgohcomlink_aka_comlink_another/