The price of crystals when not paying in US dollars

Right i have a grip about how things are priced differently depending on where you are playing from, ive posted this on the reddit forum before but i guess here is the better place.\
howcome crystals are priced differently and in all case are way more expensive outside of the US?
I play from South Africa and the price for the $10 bundle in Rands is R227 now my country has 14% VAT added on the cost but this still means im paying an exchange rate close to R19.50/$1 when the exchange rate is only R14.80/$1 now before someone says is exchange control protection and what not this is a whooping 30% more expensive than if i just played form the US? for digital content?
An explanation would be great cause even though the prices are really bad i am even less inspired when i know im being charge 30% more and i have no idea why?
Anyone one else from other countries having the same experience with this fubar exchange overcharge?

Replies

• tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Just use a free VPN you can find on the interwebz amirite!?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Also from ZA...agreed, the ZAR pricing doesn't really look attractive - getting along just fine on FTP at the moment and having fun without spending :smile: Maybe I'll spend on one of the smaller crystal deals at some point just to support the game a bit.