RIP Nute Gunray

Brett
13 posts Member
From 4/14 patch:

'Bug Fixes
Fixed the Turn Meter Gain effect on Nute Gunray's Leader ability affecting non-Stealthed allies'

This 'bug' actually made Nute a viable character to use in-game, alas he is now useless and won't be seen in any team if you want to progress in arena.

Surely EA would want lots of diverse teams rather than the standard 'must have' 6-8 characters which dominate the game? Boring!

Replies

• Options
    Another person trying to justify a broken mechanic... SSDD.
  • Options
    It is strange that they see one video of Lando with stars aligning and rush a fix on Nute. So many bugs on other chars that seem much higher priority! Plus the random Greedo deal? Don't get it
  • Options
    Yes.
    Blut we geht RG
    So wie all can have the Same Team...
    I really warnte to Build Around that missleading description...i allready Mixed him
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    It is strange that they see one video of Lando with stars aligning and rush a fix on Nute. So many bugs on other chars that seem much higher priority! Plus the random Greedo deal? Don't get it

Better they do it quickly than they let everyone farm Nute and Lando for a month and then fix it.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    Nute was a hidden gem, now he will be forever hidden :D
  • Options
    If Nutes leader ability is so great why don't I see him in top 100 of my shard?
  • Options
    RIP :( can we give him some potency now?
  • Options
    Noooo don't say that.

I will still hoping to see someone run a team of Teebo (L), Nute, Leia, Nightsister Acolyte + Old Ben...
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    Options
    Diversity is too op
  • Options
    Huh? Nute was a thing? Never seen him outside of missions.

Anyways, fixing a bug and making the heroes work as intended isnt something to complain about of be upset over. It was broken, now it's fixed. As @Qeltar said:
    Qeltar wrote: »

Better they do it quickly than they let everyone farm Nute and Lando for a month and then fix it.

No point in leaving broken heroes broken. People have whined that FOTP is now 'nerfed' and 'unplayable' because they fixed an issue causing him to fire three times instead of the two he was meant. People need to stop complaining over bugs, exploits and other broken things being fixed. It's annoying.
  • Options
    @M9silent you didn't see the vid of Nute (L) + Lando? It's pretty epic.
  • Options
    We knew it was coming
  • Options
    @thecuriousocelot Oh yeah, I saw that video. Lando wiping out the whole team. That was also the only time I've ever seen Nute lead and a lando. Started Dec 1st, never seen those two heroes on my server. Anywhere. Aside from missions.

Anyways, they fixed the issue. Nutes leader ability was never meant to work that way, and they probably didn't know it was bugged because almost no one used it. I for one am glad that they fix broken heroes and issues.
  • Options
    Listen, this Nute bug was minor and one guy got a benefit (Lando) if the stars aligned right. It wasn't even good enough for people to exploit. Why? Well, because Nute sucks on defense and has a worthless special. Yet, they found the time to fix it. Tell me, why didn't you rework his special to make Nute viable while you were in there, devs?

Meanwhile, Dooku is running around like a rabid dog, but no fixes there...
  • d3tox
    71 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I was bummed to see this too. I understand why they did it, but I wouldn't necessarily call it broken. If by broken, you mean broken like the current meta, ok I will digress. What the video shows is best case scenario. Its just as possible with that setup to miss completely on crits, and then you're stuck with the cooldown. Building a team around that is a huge gamble. I just 6*'d my lando, and with Nute, Lando, Poggle, Kylo and ST Han, it could have been beautiful. Ah well, Phasma will work just as well...

Kylo Ren works really well with this too, especially with a counter on the other team.

Edit: Not only is the leader ability nerfed, but I would lay odds his primary damage is going to suck something fierce after the patch too...
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Phasma, Nute, Lando was about to become an unstoppable team.

Phasma advantage, Lando Crits and continues to attack until the battle was over. I'd have to look at speed to see if this would happen first or second turn but it needed to be fixed.
  • Options
    @trillizo_y_uno Dude that's harsh - I think you need to make an apology to rabid dogs
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »

Too late here, but true.
  • d3tox
    71 posts Member
    Options
    Nute might still be good with the guild raid thing coming later though. Imagine borrowing a toon from a guildmate, either Teebo or Nute, and then running the other. You could actually still pull this off.
  • Options
    I'm still farming Lando though. Because of the cape, the moustache and the totally not suggestive pistol. Oh and because I had lots of shards already.
  • Options
    Lando doesn't even use his AOE of defense half the time. Same with Maul. Try battling on auto and witness in agony.

But, yeah, lets fix real bugs like Nute's leadership...