Refresh limit

Hi,
Just wondering, but what's the reason behind limiting the number of refresh replays for the bonus tier of a journey event?
I spent the last few months farming and hoarding enough crystals so I could unlock the Leviathan to 7-stars right away.
However, I'm now stuck at 50/100 because I "have used all replays for this mission." and need to wait for next month to finally unlock it at 7-stars.
The only "bright side" is that illl be saving 999 crystals.
Am I the only one thinking it's a complete **** and unnecessary as a strategy to slow player's progress?

Replies

• Options
    panzer3108 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just wondering, but what's the reason behind limiting the number of refresh replays for the bonus tier of a journey event?
    I spent the last few months farming and hoarding enough crystals so I could unlock the Leviathan to 7-stars right away.
    However, I'm now stuck at 50/100 because I "have used all replays for this mission." and need to wait for next month to finally unlock it at 7-stars.
    The only "bright side" is that illl be saving 999 crystals.
    Am I the only one thinking it's a complete **** and unnecessary as a strategy to slow player's progress?

If you want it at 7* now you can buy the packs - which is probably also why the limit is in place.

x5zeks3580vj.png
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • panzer3108
    4 posts Member
    edited June 20
    Options
    Seriously? Lock the number of 999 crystals refreshes to make people get the pack at 1250 crystals? How greedy is that!?
    It's okay. I have waited that long already, what's one more month anyway.
    This game is just one disappointment after another.
    Is the pack a one-time purchase or is it unlimited purchases by the way?
  • Options
    Seriously? Lock the number of 999 crystals refreshes to make people get the pack at 1250 crystals? How greedy is that!?
    It's okay. I have waited that long already, what's one more month anyway.
    This game is just one disappointment after another.
    Is the pack a one-time purchase or is it unlimited purchases by the way?

I don't know if it's unlimited - but you can definitely buy 5 of them.

It's been this way for a long time btw. You'd do better to ask people and confirm your assumptions rather than to run up on these things by surprise. I don't say that to shift blame on to you for not knowing - I'm saying that because CG has a habit of doing things in a way that are counterintuitive to what players might assume.

Honestly, if you already had the crystals saved up, I'd just knock it out and be done with it. That's what I did when I unlocked. In the grand scheme of things it's not that much more in the way of crystals than if there were no limits on refreshes.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    If I missed the memo, I'm deeply sorry. Now I know for the next ship journey I guess.
    But I don't think it's mentioned anywhere, and definitely not in the description of the bonus mission. I didn't have the issue with Profundity because I had the ships at that time, but not enough crystals the first time around and had to wait anyway, so I didn't know about the limit.
    It would be nice for CG to be more straightforward with the way they explain/communicate, but I guess it's been like that for as long as the game has been around, so I won't expect it to change.
    I'm just a bit disappointed, but I'll wait another month.
    Crystals are not cheap and I would rather keep them for purple gear.
  • StarSon
    7529 posts Member
    Options
    If I missed the memo, I'm deeply sorry. Now I know for the next ship journey I guess.
    But I don't think it's mentioned anywhere, and definitely not in the description of the bonus mission. I didn't have the issue with Profundity because I had the ships at that time, but not enough crystals the first time around and had to wait anyway, so I didn't know about the limit.
    It would be nice for CG to be more straightforward with the way they explain/communicate, but I guess it's been like that for as long as the game has been around, so I won't expect it to change.
    I'm just a bit disappointed, but I'll wait another month.
    Crystals are not cheap and I would rather keep them for purple gear.

Unfortunately, CG only mentioned this once, a few years ago. It is not in any of the posts they make about the new capital ships using this format, and as you have seen it is not in-game anywhere.

Bummer for us that after almost 10 years CG is still awful at communicating the simplest of things.