Incredibly cool (or maybe not) Force Awakens Easter egg

Prev1
QuantumRubicon
21 posts Member
edited April 2016
Edit: My apologies. I thought this very cool. Obviously, no one else does. Indeed, some people have been quite offended by it.

Some of the things in The Force Awakens seemed odd to me. Among those things were the doll in Rey's quarters and the red light Rey sees in her vision. After watching the movie a few times, I thought I saw something in the combination of those two scenes and the map fragment. I captured the images and overlaid the map fragment onto the doll (which I first rotated horizontally). The result was an image in which the doll (as I see it) fits perfectly into the boundary of the map fragment, as if the map fragment was a box tailored around the doll. The doll, in turn, seems (as I see it) to be pointing toward a red light on the map.

I haven't heard any good explanation for the red light Rey sees in her vision. To me, what I found suggests that the red light is where Luke is and that someone (probably Luke) has communicated this to Rey. This suggests also that Luke communicated other things to Rey, which would explain why Rey has knowledge of the Force, e.g., the Jedi mind trick. And finally, in the last scene, where Rey is holding the lightsaber out to Luke, (again as I see it) suggests that Rey is pointing the lightsaber at Luke the way she was pointed to Luke's location as a statement to Luke and to us that she knows she has received these communications from Luke.

Below is a link to my video of how I put the images together. I think the composite image is very cool. In the video, I don't state my opinions, because I wanted to hear what other people thought. Unfortunately for me, other people don't seem to think much of my video or of my ideas. Sorry about that.

https://youtu.be/WpoqneCYhbY
Post edited by QuantumRubicon on

Replies

• Options
    What's it all mean?
  • Options
    1 post on this forum some shady youtube video. Feels like clickbait. No thanks
  • Options
    what? You watched the bluray several times a day for a week and came up with....NOTHING? I saw the movie twice and came up with a pretty plausible theory as to who Rey was. You watch it 25 times and connect a piece of metal, a resistance pilot doll, and get a map overlayed with a mirror shot of the doll and that means what exactly?
  • Options
    Seriously, how could this NOT be the case without being an even bigger plothole than those we're already used to?
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    3 minutes of my life that'll I'm never get back. Ugh...

Now off to waste several hours on SWGOH!!
  • Options
    Watched it again. Metal hand? I don't see it...
    The brown object on the dolls face is obviously biggs's mustache! She must be Rey Darklighter!
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    Watched it again. Metal hand? I don't see it...
    The brown object on the dolls face is obviously biggs's mustache! She must be Rey Darklighter!

Nailed it
  • Options
    It means that someone (e.g., Luke) or something (e.g., the Force) has sent messages to Rey telling her where Luke is. In fact, the map does not tell anyone but Rey where Luke is.
  • Options
    I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend anyone. I thought it was pretty cool that they put this in and that I found it.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    You should have said that conclusion in the video. I was not able to draw any particular conclusion from what I saw
  • Options
    In retrospect, I must agree I should have done a better job of communicating. I wanted to hear what other people thought, without biasing them with my opinion. Obviously, that didn't work out the way I thought it would. Sorry.
  • Options
    You're good at this. Try this: take a still of Starkiller base at the moment the first Resistance strike hits the thermal oscillator, turn it 37 degrees, and overlay it with... a particular scene on Endor. I'll let you find it. You will be amazed.
  • Options
    Hey guys, if you overlay a still frame of Vader in ANH during the interrogation scene with Padme at the end of ROTS, then put tin foil on your head, stare into a mirror and say "Jar Jar" 3x, something amazing will happen!

I swear this really works!!
  • Options
    Hey guys, if you overlay a still frame of Vader in ANH during the interrogation scene with Padme at the end of ROTS, then put tin foil on your head, stare into a mirror and say "Jar Jar" 3x, something amazing will happen!

I swear this really works!!

You have to say "Jar Jar" 4x, but otherwise yeah.
  • QuantumRubicon
    21 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Okay. I understand you find this difficult to accept.

I don't see how this is any worse than the YouTube videos such as one saying, inter alia, that the red light seems similar to the visor on Kylo Ren's mask, except they don't actually overlay the images to show you how it seems similar. That video has over 200,000 views, over 1500 likes (126 dislikes), and over 500 comments. And those comments, at least the one's I've read, aren't insulting anyone. "The Force Awakens: Secrets of Rey's vision" by GamesRadar @ 5:10

If you want to say you don't see what I say I'm seeing, that's okay. I can't argue with that. In fact, that's really all I'm asking. Do you see what I see? If you do see what I see, then offer an explanation for it. Do you think it's just a coincidence? Do you think that random scenes could be overlaid and produce something similar?

Explain why the white outline of the map fits so well around the doll, from above the head, around the back, under the legs, and up and around the foot. Specifically, this is so when certain other elements of the images are aligned. All I did was rotate the doll image. (That does bother me.) But I didn't resize or materially alter either of the images. And I didn't just say that this was so and tell you to find it, I showed how I did it.

I did this because I saw several things in the movie that didn't make any sense on their own. The doll and the red light were two of those things. For me, this gave them purpose and meaning.

I didn't do this with the intent to insult anyone. I have some evidence for me to believe that I'm not a particularly stupid person. Finding patterns in data is what I do professionally. I thought I'd share something I found. Insulting me or my methods really doesn't accomplish anything useful.

But again, I'm sorry for offending you to the point where you feel the need to insult me.
  • zerizut
    425 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    " Do you see what I see? If you do see what I see, then offer an explanation for it. Do you think it's just a coincidence? Do you think that random scenes could be overlaid and produce something similar?"
    I don't see, what you see, so no explanation is needed apparently. However, let me point out this: Human thought is susceptible to variety of mind tricks, via the force (we all know that one), via autosuggestion, via cognitive bias, via collective hysteria, via groupthink and others. All these are links to Wikipedia articles. It might be worth your time to read them.
  • QuantumRubicon
    21 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    zerizut: Thanks for your response. I think the article I need to read is "hallucination", because I see a border around the doll. Also, I think I put red lines around the border that I see, so I see red lines, too. I may have to read the article on "delusion" also.

wDJQosG.jpg

• Skeetabyte42
    325 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hey, I wanna know who Rey is, too. I'm willing to entertain theories every now and then. But really, they're just movies. As fun as it all is, I'm a reasonable person. For me, the deepest part is Yoda's teachings in ESB.

If I go down this road of overlays and maps and what not, I might as well kill a few hours watching Ancient Aliens.

Some people find Jesus in a tortilla. I am not one of them. ;)
  • Options
    I thought that the movie ****. I liked both the classic, "old" star wars as well as the new ones, but this one?? The characters were weak. The only good characters were the ones from the original series. The villain?? Weak sauce!! If you have a cool mask, why for GOD'S SAKE would you EVER take it off??? No one wants to see ur ugly mug! Ur more bad **** as a machine that no one knows who you are behind the mask than you are as a humanoid! Darth Vader never took his mask off! Seriously... It could have been better.
  • Options
    CrapBag wrote: »
    I thought that the movie ****. I liked both the classic, "old" star wars as well as the new ones, but this one?? The characters were weak. The only good characters were the ones from the original series. The villain?? Weak sauce!! If you have a cool mask, why for GOD'S SAKE would you EVER take it off??? No one wants to see ur ugly mug! Ur more bad **** as a machine that no one knows who you are behind the mask than you are as a humanoid! Darth Vader never took his mask off! Seriously... It could have been better.

Yup. I found the characters all pretty unconvincing. And the plot. The humour and fight scenes were undeniably fantastic though. Unfortunately that's what sells, so be prepared for the same when VIII comes out :/
  • Options

Wait, what? Have I been watching the wrong Return of the Jedi?
    Yup. I found the characters all pretty unconvincing. And the plot. The humour and fight scenes were undeniably fantastic though. Unfortunately that's what sells, so be prepared for the same when VIII comes out :/

Unfortunately? At least the focus is on those things so we don't get an "I hate sand" love story ever again.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • thecuriousocelot
    1030 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    haha true, there was a lot of dodgy dialogue in the prequels. But that doesn't mean more substantive plots with dialogue should be avoided at all costs forever and ever in SW movies. It would be a pity if SW turned into just another marvel-esque action/sci-fi franchise about c0cky heroes shouting at each other and blowing stuff up.
  • Options
    Welcome to Disneyworld. But isn't it better than the Episode I-III stuff Lucas had turned it into?
  • Options
    Welcome to Disneyworld. But isn't it better than the Episode I-III stuff Lucas had turned it into?

Better? No. Just different. I-III lacked the humour and charm of the originals+TFA, but had way more character and plot depth than TFA for sure IMO. But it's all down to individual tastes I suppose :)
  • Options

Better? No. Just different. I-III lacked the humour and charm of the originals+TFA, but had way more character and plot depth than TFA for sure IMO. But it's all down to individual tastes I suppose :)

The prequels had way more character ?! What??

Watch RedLetterMedia reviews again. The very first one deals with the 'character' issue. ;)
  • Options

Unfortunately? At least the focus is on those things so we don't get an "I hate sand" love story ever again.

In return of the Jedi he took it off ONLY AFTER he reverted back to the light side AND ALSO as he was dying. He didn't take it off AS Darth Vader. My point still stands
  • Options
    Hey, I wanna know who Rey is, too. I'm willing to entertain theories every now and then. But really, they're just movies. As fun as it all is, I'm a reasonable person. For me, the deepest part is Yoda's teachings in ESB.

If I go down this road of overlays and maps and what not, I might as well kill a few hours watching Ancient Aliens.

Okay. I don't think it is quite as bad as Jesus in a tortilla. Although maybe not as far from that as I would like.

I'd like to know what people think that red light was in Rey's vision. Comparing it to Kylo Ren's helmet visor doesn't work for me. So, how do we have an intelligent dialogue about it? Or can we? If there isn't enough information, then what value can any theory have?
  • Options
    The prequels had way more character ?! What??

I think I agree with you here. I wasn't impressed with the character development in the prequels.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options

Okay. I don't think it is quite as bad as Jesus in a tortilla. Although maybe not as far from that as I would like.

I'd like to know what people think that red light was in Rey's vision. Comparing it to Kylo Ren's helmet visor doesn't work for me. So, how do we have an intelligent dialogue about it? Or can we? If there isn't enough information, then what value can any theory have?

Could the red light have represented the blast from the death planet?

I saw movie twice but not since theaters so memory is fuzzy.

I don't think it's as bad as the tortilla either. This movie was made by people, so it could have intentional hints. I think the doll fitting in that overlay is interesting, but I have no idea what it means.
  • Options

In return of the Jedi he took it off ONLY AFTER he reverted back to the light side AND ALSO as he was dying. He didn't take it off AS Darth Vader. My point still stands

There is no point. This is the Off Topic section. B)