I-86 or Resistance Pilot

Maxed Lumi and Phasma who's next have the droid already at 5* and RP is a blank slate.

Replies

• Options
    RP in this meta shines, since his dodge synergy with dooku. But she is hard to equip.
    86 is a must have in a droid team, good dmg, easy gear, slow speed.
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Options
    86 is so good he can fit into virtually any team

But the meta is about to change. So idk
  • Devour
    262 posts Member
    Options
    It's hard to say, since the meta is changing tomorrow.
  • Options
    I went from 5 to 6 with 86 and wasnt too impressed he gained what appeared to be a little more health, and did not seem to hit much harder.

A lot of people have started RP and i know I have faced a few in the arena that surprised the heck out of me and one shot my toons.

I would go with RP unless you want a strong droid team.
  • Blev08
    141 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'm going RP myself. With her slower speed possibly giving her a damage boost and turn meter manipulation, along with the Dooku dodge meta, I could very much see her becoming a highly valued attacker come new meta.
  • Options
    RP is a gearing nightmare.
    86 hits harder.

I have a 7 star RP and find her very average.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Oootini
    636 posts Member
    Options
    Started RP a few days ago. Currently gear 6. Which is a nightmare. Her gear 7 and 8 only get worse. I hope he's worth it. She currently 4* for me
  • Options
    You can have 86 fully stared and gear 8 in less than two weeks. Do that first.
  • Options
    Maxed Lumi and Phasma who's next have the droid already at 5* and RP is a blank slate.

I suggest 86. He is an amazing DPS toon, which is outstanding for the current meta. But that's all about to change.... Nevertheless, I suggest 86. He is the easiest (or at least one of) the easiest toon to farm to max. It took me less than 30 days to go from not having him to having him at 7*. Its THAT easy with him. And a max toon is awesome for GW. Even if you have no other driods. I suspect what would happen is what happened with me. I saw how outfreakingstanding 86 was, now I am working on a max droid team, now that my max Jedi team is complete.

And I have both RP and 86
  • Options
    Rumor has it that 86 will be able to get one gear level past most toons at 80 (like GS was at 70).

The next meta, which toons will perform well, which won't - it's all speculation at this point, so probably go with the one you like best.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    I have both, both at 7, 86 gets one shot off maybe before dead, RP with evade and foresight takes many more turns and hits harder, only advantage 86 has is an assist skill, I'd take RP even with the hard gearing all day, especially now that you can get the blow dryers and laptops in challenges it made it easy to gear him/her up
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I prefer RP but you need to build a team to take advantage of her. In a random build 86 is likely better.

But when RP is called by QG or GS and gains meter 1/4 battles it's like having an extra Rey.
  • Options
    RU486 wrote: »
    I have both, both at 7, 86 gets one shot off maybe before dead, RP with evade and foresight takes many more turns and hits harder, only advantage 86 has is an assist skill, I'd take RP even with the hard gearing all day, especially now that you can get the blow dryers and laptops in challenges it made it easy to gear him/her up
    It depends. With a Poggle lead 86 hits much harder than RP. Mine frequently one-shots toons with his special before the assist. In arena it's rare to one-shot anyone with RP. Without Poggle I'd probably pick RP, though.

You have to consider the rest of your team if you want to maximize either one. With 86 it's easy and reliable, you just put Poggle in your team and as the lead if you want to really maximize 86. You always get a super high damage toon. With RP you need to maximize dodges and/or criticals to get her to be really good and it's more RNG dependent. She could be the star of the team or just a slow attacker.

• Bones
    456 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    This is why RP over IG-86. The battle could have gone much better, without using auto obviously, but it had a great ending anyways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Prr7i0qIuKs&feature

https://youtu.be/Prr7i0qIuKs
    Post edited by Bones on
  • FuriousFrog
    118 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    RP is great for an evasion or crit based squad and mediocre for any other build. Her unique ability gives her +5% evasion chance, +5% crit chance, and +22.5% TM gain every time she evades or scores a critical hit. Her special gives her foresight which is a guaranteed evade and TM gain. She's great on a Dooku squad and she would probably do well on an Old Ben squad if Ben's leadership is ever fixed. I think she might also work well on an advantage squad in the new meta because she'll get guaranteed crits and TM gain. A squad with Boba(L), Phasma, RP, Lando, +1(maybe Greedo?) might do really well in the new meta. But this is all speculation at this point since we don't know what toons will be the best after the update happens.

Honestly, I'd suggest you wait and save your GW tokens for a week or two so you get a chance to see how different toons are performing after the update. You might want 86, you might want RP, or you might even want someone totally different like Teebo.
  • Options
    RP just got some big nerfs....
  • Options
    Rumor has it that 86 will be able to get one gear level past most toons at 80 (like GS was at 70).

The next meta, which toons will perform well, which won't - it's all speculation at this point, so probably go with the one you like best.

Where have you seen this? You've definitely caught my attention, speculation or not haha
  • Options
    RP is great for an evasion or crit based squad and mediocre for any other build. Her unique ability gives her +5% evasion chance, +5% crit chance, and +22.5% TM gain every time she evades or scores a critical hit. Her special gives her foresight which is a guaranteed evade and TM gain. She's great on a Dooku squad and she would probably do well on an Old Ben squad if Ben's leadership is ever fixed. I think she might also work well on an advantage squad in the new meta because she'll get guaranteed crits and TM gain. A squad with Boba(L), Phasma, RP, Lando, +1(maybe Greedo?) might do really well in the new meta. But this is all speculation at this point since we don't know what toons will be the best after the update happens.

Honestly, I'd suggest you wait and save your GW tokens for a week or two so you get a chance to see how different toons are performing after the update. You might want 86, you might want RP, or you might even want someone totally different like Teebo.

RP on Gear 8, 7*, 73 works great for me on Phasma, Lumi, Sid led teams. Usually have dual attacker lineup w/ 86.

86 is dropped first far more often than RP.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    RP took a beating. Though I'm not sure why. I have had hits of 3700 non crit non buff (I think) and some just over 2k. So it seems high variance. Have to watch more. It's funny because GS and QG work fine it's the slow DPS that got nerfed. My 5 star Rey now seems to hit harder than my 7 star RP.
  • Options
    I got my rear handed to me by a Dooku team w RP earlier. I wouldnt write her off yet.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    86 has the second most powerful basic and calls an assist. 2k more tha RP plus 50% crit chance.

I think 86 is clearly better than RP now outside of Dooku lead.