Time to bring up availability of KAM and Wat... Again....

2Next

Replies

• Options
    TVF wrote: »
    That's on you for staying in a weaker guild all these years.

what a great community... yes, that's sarcasm
  • TVF
    36827 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for explaining that.

I'm not going to explain this post.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • herd_nerfer
    2126 posts Member
    Options
    I agree they should ease up on KAM and Wat. I can't think of a good reason to keep these two characters in particular so fiercely guarded. Neither of them is as impactful as a GL and yet, it's faster to farm a GL, and in terms of the Kyro purchases that you give up to farm these two with GET3 - it's also cheaper to farm a GL.

I think they could cut the GET3 price in half and it would be about right. It would still be a bit painful, but at least it would be on par with how quickly you would get them if you were in a guild fully focused on getting either of them.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • cboath7
    483 posts Member
    Options
    Rius wrote: »
    cboath7 wrote: »
    Jesro58 wrote: »
    Completely agree, have played since March 2016 and have recently moved to a stronger guild after our friendly guild couldn't survive. We got WAT but never managed to farm KAM. My current guild does ROTE and I can't see how I will get KAM unless he is made more readily available. Am sure that many people need WAT as well.
    Just my two cents.

You're almost a launch player without KAM?

NO, that's on cg for requiring a near high end guild to get the character. The fact that people feel the first priority for people is to bail on a guild full of people they like is part of the problem.

The thing is with guilds you need players on the same page. If they rush to do the latest TB before everyone has Wat and you need Wat then the priorities do not align and you need to move. It’s not seeing all of this is choice is that is a problem and that if you truely want Wat or KAM accelerated it’s fully within your power to seek out one of the guilds still running this mission with high shards. They tend to have players move in and out according to their needs. So you can return to your “friends” once you have the character.

But if you stay in the guild and blame the system it’s not helping anyone.
    Completely agree, have played since March 2016 and have recently moved to a stronger guild after our friendly guild couldn't survive. We got WAT but never managed to farm KAM. My current guild does ROTE and I can't see how I will get KAM unless he is made more readily available. Am sure that many people need WAT as well.
    Just my two cents.

Wait, so because someone didn’t do something specific at a certain time, they should be punished? Wow.

CG have already acknowledged the need to make some characters more accessible, Han, Traya, GK moving to raid tokens.

It’s really not a big ask to move Kam and Wat to GET1 and have them unlock like GAS or Malak.

Han, Traya and GK are from obsolete raids when they have created the new raid to be accessible at all levels, which is why you can get them with “raid tokens”.

The most efficient way to get shards is to do the TB at your guilds level, which is still relevant, and work as a team to get the shards, if your guild rushes to RotE and yield poor Mk3 then that’s the issue. Your guild is the issue in not helping with your objective. Mk3 was introduced to help finish off once you progress to RotE as in mid level guilds some had KAM/Wat and newer recruits did not. Which complicated the switch over. I don’t really see a point in changing it when there is a means to get them. Just seems like people are not utilising guilds to their advantage. Finding a guild aligned to your goals is key for enjoyment and progress.

Seriously? You think there's a guild out there with 49 members who would stop their ROTE endeavors for 5 months to help me get KAM if i joined up as #50? I hardly think so. They're more apt to tell me to FO or deny me entry for not having KAM.
  • herd_nerfer
    2126 posts Member
    Options
    Just my two cents.

NO, that's on cg for requiring a near high end guild to get the character. The fact that people feel the first priority for people is to bail on a guild full of people they like is part of the problem.

The thing is with guilds you need players on the same page. If they rush to do the latest TB before everyone has Wat and you need Wat then the priorities do not align and you need to move. It’s not seeing all of this is choice is that is a problem and that if you truely want Wat or KAM accelerated it’s fully within your power to seek out one of the guilds still running this mission with high shards. They tend to have players move in and out according to their needs. So you can return to your “friends” once you have the character.

Just my two cents.

Wait, so because someone didn’t do something specific at a certain time, they should be punished? Wow.

CG have already acknowledged the need to make some characters more accessible, Han, Traya, GK moving to raid tokens.

It’s really not a big ask to move Kam and Wat to GET1 and have them unlock like GAS or Malak.

Han, Traya and GK are from obsolete raids when they have created the new raid to be accessible at all levels, which is why you can get them with “raid tokens”.

The most efficient way to get shards is to do the TB at your guilds level, which is still relevant, and work as a team to get the shards, if your guild rushes to RotE and yield poor Mk3 then that’s the issue. Your guild is the issue in not helping with your objective. Mk3 was introduced to help finish off once you progress to RotE as in mid level guilds some had KAM/Wat and newer recruits did not. Which complicated the switch over. I don’t really see a point in changing it when there is a means to get them. Just seems like people are not utilising guilds to their advantage. Finding a guild aligned to your goals is key for enjoyment and progress.

Seriously? You think there's a guild out there with 49 members who would stop their ROTE endeavors for 5 months to help me get KAM if i joined up as #50? I hardly think so. They're more apt to tell me to FO or deny me entry for not having KAM.

No guild will deny you entry for not having KAM - as a guild leader, I'm pretty sure that's not a thing. You're far more likely to be denied entry for having too few GLs or not having Inqs or JKCK.

You're right though - it's extremely unlikely that any guild doing RotE will pivot back to Geo for either of these characters. That being said, there are guilds out there that are doing primarily Geo TB - so that isn't an unreasonable option. It's not a particularly good option if you're already in a RotE guild - but it IS an option.
  • Options
    No guild will deny you entry for not having KAM - as a guild leader, I'm pretty sure that's not a thing. You're far more likely to be denied entry for having too few GLs or not having Inqs or JKCK.

You're right though - it's extremely unlikely that any guild doing RotE will pivot back to Geo for either of these characters. That being said, there are guilds out there that are doing primarily Geo TB - so that isn't an unreasonable option. It's not a particularly good option if you're already in a RotE guild - but it IS an option.

No guild able to do ROTE will be willing to do LSGeo and no guild doing LSGeo (because they're incapable of meeting the ROTE requirements) will make sufficient KAM or LSGeo progress to matter. Guilds will absolutely transition to ROTE before any meaningful KAM progress could be made. Most just skip entirely from LSHoth to ROTE or run LSGeo a handful of times at most.
  • MaxBane
    25 posts Member
    edited July 2
    Options
    An extra Galactic Bounties event would be the simpler answer imho. They could add in there KAM, WAT and some older Proving Grounds toon like CAT.

Or they could design a new, fun, event: "Order 66". An event that requires clone troopers and that rewards only Jedi shards, including KAM.
  • herd_nerfer
    2126 posts Member
    edited July 2
    Options

No guild able to do ROTE will be willing to do LSGeo and no guild doing LSGeo (because they're incapable of meeting the ROTE requirements) will make sufficient KAM or LSGeo progress to matter. Guilds will absolutely transition to ROTE before any meaningful KAM progress could be made. Most just skip entirely from LSHoth to ROTE or run LSGeo a handful of times at most.

They're not super common, but they are out there - look around on the recruiting threads or on discord. Of all the ones I looked through, not a single one disqualified recruits for not having KAM - but several of them still run LSGeo and more than that still run DS Geo. My guild (490m) still runs LS Geo every couple of months just for a break from RotE. I'm sure we're not the only guild that does that. Whether or not that 'sufficient' is subjective and will be different for everyone.
  • RoyKent
    51 posts Member
    Options
    As much as I hated Proving Grounds (and as much as I assume this will be a pretty unpopular idea), they may as well just add KAM and Wat to that.
  • Options

They're not super common, but they are out there - look around on the recruiting threads or on discord. Of all the ones I looked through, not a single one disqualified recruits for not having KAM - but several of them still run LSGeo and more than that still run DS Geo. My guild (490m) still runs LS Geo every couple of months just for a break from RotE. I'm sure we're not the only guild that does that. Whether or not that 'sufficient' is subjective and will be different for everyone.

Just to strengthen this argument a bit my guild is actually running LSGeo full time specifically for KAM. We got some things to work out though as we only have around 50% success rate on the mission so 20-odd shards isn't great out of 40+ runs.
  • Rius
    399 posts Member
    Options
    Just my two cents.

Just my two cents.

Not specifically for you, the key is to find a guild that has 49 other players who want KAM. But yes I know a guild right now, that is 300M gets 208 crate on raid (as they were focused) and super focused preparing for KAM runs.
  • Rius
    399 posts Member
    Options

Incorrect maybe look for a guild “focused on KAM”. There are many types of guilds don’t just chase highest GP they are not always the best. If you do not want to sacrifice RotE for KAM personally you clearly do not want KAM enough. And the Mk3 cost is your choice. Low end guilds barely get Mk3 that is why it appears painful, but to “finish off” when you are achieving 25+ stars is actually not too bad. I was a TB officer when we went live with RotE and it was just equivalent for a 280M guild to make the switch from LS TB then for rewards at the cost of KAM. It was a bit better for DS but our whole guild already had Wat so there was was easier decision. We had players even then move to keep farming KAM.

And it’s completely non sensical to skip over DS Geo then complain about Wat when it is easy to get 40 shards with G12 Geo’s with a bit of co-ordination.
  • Options
    Just a quick bump to see if we can get a reply from CG.
  • Alinza
    11 posts Member
    Options
    Making war and kam cheaper in the Shop also mitigate the issued at least for a bit.
    I understand that wat and kam should stay something Special, maybe make the available in the Shop after haben them at least e.g. 4 Stars.