Royal guard

Ely
161 posts Member
This happened in the tanks/int gear challenge. Windnu one shots bobafett but the RG does not taunt. Is this a bug or just how it's suppose to work?

Replies

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Not a bug, working as intended. At no point was Fett under 50% at the end of the turn, he was dead.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    If someone is one-shot then he doesn't activate his taunt.
  • Ely
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • Options
    Granted that this is not a bug but for the record. 0% is lower than 50%
  • Options
    IronWolfw wrote: »

Yes but technically at the end of the turn there's no character with below 50% health since the one who got to 0% is now dead so he just isn't there anymore.
  • Options
    Faustino wrote: »

Yes but technically at the end of the turn there's no character with below 50% health since the one who got to 0% is now dead so he just isn't there anymore.

It's not at the end of the turn. It's if any hit results in the target being below 50% health. For example, if QGJ does his assist, knocks Rey to 75%, and then the assister (let's say RP) kills Rey, RG will not taunt. But if the assister instead knocks Rey to 25%, or if QGJ knocks Rey to 40% and then the assister kills Rey, RG will taunt.

Interestingly, if Rey uses her second special, it is treated as multiple attacks for RG (but not countering anymore). So even if Rey "1-shots", she still activates RG.
  • Options
    Amalthea wrote: »
    Faustino wrote: »

It's not at the end of the turn. It's if any hit results in the target being below 50% health. For example, if QGJ does his assist, knocks Rey to 75%, and then the assister (let's say RP) kills Rey, RG will not taunt. But if the assister instead knocks Rey to 25%, or if QGJ knocks Rey to 40% and then the assister kills Rey, RG will taunt.

Interestingly, if Rey uses her second special, it is treated as multiple attacks for RG (but not countering anymore). So even if Rey "1-shots", she still activates RG.

Interesting... Well at least there's a way to elude RG's taunt (one-shot). And I guess there's a logic overall
  • Ely
    161 posts Member
    Options
    I've used yoda's basic and then qgj assist attack to kill Rey. The taunt always goes off there.
  • Options
    Ely - I've notice the same thing. Maybe qgj's first shot triggers the taunt before the assist finishes the job. Just a theory to reconcile the two
  • Ely
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Chewychuck wrote: »
    Ely - I've notice the same thing. Maybe qgj's first shot triggers the taunt before the assist finishes the job. Just a theory to reconcile the two

The fun part is with dooku in the lead and the assisted attack is evaded.
  • Options
    when a character is hit my a move that has an assist, and the first attack brings the character to below 25%, will RG taunt the assisting attack? or let the character die
  • Ely
    161 posts Member
    Options
    when a character is hit my a move that has an assist, and the first attack brings the character to below 25%, will RG taunt the assisting attack? or let the character die

The assisted attack has always hit the same target and the target will die but the RG won't taunt unless the half way point is met first in my experience anyway.
  • Options
    Ely wrote: »

The assisted attack has always hit the same target and the target will die but the RG won't taunt unless the half way point is met first in my experience anyway.

got it thanks
  • Options
    An interesting tidbit; FOTP's Advantage gain has the same text and the notes for the new patch state
    Keen Eye will now correctly trigger if an enemy is killed instantly from above 50% Health
    So conceivably this behavior is a bug
  • Haplo
    183 posts Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for the I win button before I do this challenge. Just press one button and win every challenge the max number of times a day. Maybe after that they will make a rank 1 in arena button we could all press every day. Yeah that would be cool.
  • Ely
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Haplo wrote: »
    I'm waiting for the I win button before I do this challenge. Just press one button and win every challenge the max number of times a day. Maybe after that they will make a rank 1 in arena button we could all press every day. Yeah that would be cool.

That wouldn't be much fun, I like the challenge! :)
  • bbmiLo
    378 posts Member
    Options
    when QGJ calls assist, if QGJ takes the target to below 50%, and assister kills target, RG will taunt. however when GS does that same, RG will not taunt. i don't know why.
  • Ely
    161 posts Member
    Options
    bbmiLo wrote: »
    when QGJ calls assist, if QGJ takes the target to below 50%, and assister kills target, RG will taunt. however when GS does that same, RG will not taunt. i don't know why.

I'll try it next time I get a chance and see if it does that for me too.
  • Ely
    161 posts Member
    Options
    @bbmiLo I tried. The taunt goes off but the assisted attack wasn't a kill shot.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me try to figure out how the royal guard is working.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    New one to add, if Rey "one shots" with furry of blows it will sometimes trigger RG's taunt. I guess it has to do with if first hit take opponent below 50% or not.
  • Options
    It's being fixed today, so we'll see.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    i always assumed that RGs taunt was intended to save wounded allies. Not much point if theyre dead... ;)
  • Ely
    161 posts Member
    Options
    thee_pdx wrote: »
    i always assumed that RGs taunt was intended to save wounded allies. Not much point if theyre dead... ;)

Great way to look at it! :smile: