Client restart 30min before payout time.

skarroo11
65 posts Member
edited April 2016
^ Title

WHY?
I was fighting for 7th place, won it and at the end of the battle the client restarted and i was still in the 11th place.

Why don't you just roll of the updates or whatever after the payout time?

Replies

• Options
    It is still early morning in the states. There are multiple payout times during the day and unfortunately it caught you at a bad time based on your location and 6pm end time.
  • Options
    There is a payout time every hour. Where the devs are located, it is still really early and theya re pushing out updates throughout the day.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • scuba
    14068 posts Member
    Options
    It's better used to happen 5-10 mins before payout
  • skarroo11
    65 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    It's the 3rd time this happens and it costs me crystals.. :(
    150 crystals this time :/
    I know but it irritates me when it does that x.x

Oh i see :s

• Waz675
    193 posts Member
    Options
    Wouldn't hurt to push 7 minutes past any hour, no "real" arena payout fights / snipes happening rather than the last 30 minutes of any hour. Of course this falls on deaf ears as the same thing happens every update along with subsequent rage or suggestions about update timings

Haha, CG listening to on players? Not for seemingly logical suggestions anyway.
  • Options
    Waz675 wrote: »
    Wouldn't hurt to push 7 minutes past any hour, no "real" arena payout fights / snipes happening rather than the last 30 minutes of any hour. Of course this falls on deaf ears as the same thing happens every update along with subsequent rage or suggestions about update timings

Haha, CG listening to on players? Not for seemingly logical suggestions anyway.

Completely agree with that. Some minutes after the payout time would be perfect.
    I just hope CG listen to us this time :/

• Options
    Hey all, sorry for the timing but we had little to no choice on this one.

We'll work to keep the updates early in the hour instead of close to the end.

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience.
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »

Thank you, we appreciate the improved communication
    {RotE}
  • Waz675
    193 posts Member
    Options

Nice work if that happens! Double thanks for the communication and of the update push times if past hour instead of before :)

Bed time for this little black duck, almost 1am here.
  • skarroo11
    65 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Thanks for replying, it's appreciated.

It's good to know that CG is at least taking our complaints into account.

It's okay Sir as you said you guys had no choice on this one.

Apart from that you guys are doing great job, keep it up.
  • Options
    Honestly, you great players make it all worthwhile :)

Stay tuned!
  • Options
    To be honest, it really surprises me that they don't have the ability to schedule an update to roll out automatically in the middle of the night for every time zone. I've been doing this type of stuff for almost 20 years in the corporate world and it works well. Pushing an update manually doesn't guarantee anything. If the update is bugged, it'll be bugged at any time of day....
  • Options
    To be honest, it really surprises me that they don't have the ability to schedule an update to roll out automatically in the middle of the night for every time zone. I've been doing this type of stuff for almost 20 years in the corporate world and it works well. Pushing an update manually doesn't guarantee anything. If the update is bugged, it'll be bugged at any time of day....

Sometimes we can, and sometimes we can't. We agree, automated pushes are the preference.

And you're correct regarding release problems, however, we have quite a few 'external factors' we still have to acknowledge.

We are iterating and improving these processes month after month. Thanks for sticking with us and helping improve the game @ioniancat21 !
  • Ackturi
    379 posts Member
    Options
    I called this last night
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    [Sometimes we can, and sometimes we can't. We agree, automated pushes are the preference.

And you're correct regarding release problems, however, we have quite a few 'external factors' we still have to acknowledge.

We are iterating and improving these processes month after month. Thanks for sticking with us and helping improve the game @ioniancat21 !

@CG_RyDiggs

When I saw a response from a CG Employee, I almost spit out my coffee here at work and it was a pleasant surprise!!! My goal working in IT has always been to minimize the customer's pain if possible and it's good in this case you guys are working towards that goal by doing updates at off peak times. Thanks for writing back, it's appreciated.

I just wanted to also mention that responding to issues in this fashion is the right action for a game like SWGOH, which is an expensive title for customers, where spending can reach hundreds, if not thousands of dollars!!! The support always has to match the pricing and responding like this is what people would expect for such a game.

Please pass along this advice to your co-workers and others involved that what you did today is the only right action here, not less. I can tell you it infuriates me when I see CG Devs on Reddit giving information away there first, yet never coming to the official forum to release it and it makes me close my wallet quickly.
  • Options
    Please pass along this advice to your co-workers and others involved that what you did today is the only right action here, not less. I can tell you it infuriates me when I see CG Devs on Reddit giving information away there first, yet never coming to the official forum to release it and it makes me close my wallet quickly.

Noted and agreed, We're also constantly working to align the Studio to these needs on top of 'game needs'.
    Thanks for reinforcing our future vision! Stick around, I'm sure together we can continue growing this game and community!