New arena token payouts...

Correct me if I am wrong here but after some rather basic math, I have come to the conclusion that the update to arena tokens:

Arena payouts have decreased by 100 Arena Tokens, but the daily challenge reward for completing three Arena battles has been increased by 100 Arena Tokens. This was done to assist lower level players with acquiring more Arena Tokens to purchase character Shards in the Arena Store.

is not to allow lower level players to acquire more tokens but to require them to play a minimum of three matches a day to receive the same amount.

For example: Sally gets 3rd every day both before and after the update by playing 5 matches everyday. Before the update she got 900(payout)+100(for daily 3 matches)=1000. After the update she would receive 800(payout)+200(for daily 3 matches)=1000 yet again.

Now we come to Timmy who also plays 5 matches every day before and after the update, but he consistently gets between 1001-2500 because he is new and his team is not meta. In this situation He would receive 400(payout)+100(daily for 3)=500. After update it would be 300(payout)+200(daily for 3)=500 yet again.

Lastly we get to poor ole Mikey. Mikey, like Timmy, is also pretty new but he is a busy man and enjoys his time in GW and regular LS/DS battles so only plays 1-2 arena matches a day but is happy with the 300 tokens he gets a day for placing between 2501-5000 even if he does not get the bonus 100 from playing 3 daily matches. After the update however, Mikey will only get 200 unless he finds the time to play at least 3 matches to receive the extra 200 daily. Sure he will get 100 more, but it is by requiring him to devote more time to an area of the game he either may not like or does not have time to do.

In conclusion, the only people that will see any sort of benefit are the ones who play less than 3 arena battles a day, who now are pressured to play a minimum of 3 battles a day.

Sorry for the long post.

Thoughts?

Replies

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    No one gets any benefit, the super casual get punished. I guess you can call it a benefit of they start playing 3 matches a day though, and weren't previously.
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think it is a big deal to spend an extra couple minutes to play 3 battles a day playing
  • JSnow54
    176 posts Member
    Options
    If the time isn't invested in the third match to get the daily reward I'm pretty sure that player isn't to invested in the game anyhow and could care less what the payout is.
  • Options
    OH NO?!? i have to play one more arena match a day to get more rewards... **gasp**

irreverent post. -1
  • Options
    My point was that the change itself was irrelevant. People who dont play 3 a day probably wont start and it doesnt effect payouts for anyone else.
  • DarthWheaton
    57 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    The point is the reasoning they gave behind it which is to "assist lower level players in getting more arena tokens" which it doesn't do AT ALL. Lol...

This change was made for the same reason they decreased the amount of time arena rewards stay in your mail box from three to two days.

The changes they've made to arena rewards have had one goal - Get people playing the game every day.
  • Options
    Bak_Sherpa wrote: »
    My point was that the change itself was irrelevant. People who dont play 3 a day probably wont start and it doesnt effect payouts for anyone else.

then why does this post even exist?? lol

just wanting to complain to complain, eh? lelz
  • Options
    kbonifay wrote: »

I think EA members should be called out when they post something that is blatantly wrong.
  • Options
    kbonifay wrote: »

I think EA members should be called out when they post something that is blatantly wrong.

Exactly, I personally care less what they pay out to anyone at any rank. The thing that kinda irks me is that they said it will give lower level players in getting more arena tokens. Like Wheaton said, it does not do that at all. They misrepresented the fact that they are trying to get casual players to get more into it.
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options
    You don't even have to play the whole match. Just start the battle and retreat and it counts. 20 seconds and your done. 1 minute of "play" time total and the daily req. is done.
  • LMYYYKS
    333 posts Member
    Options
    Let's just say the new payout scheme, instead of helping lower level players (which isn't happening), is punishing ANYONE who doesn't play 3 matches a day by forfeiting 100 tokens
  • Options
    Before a super causal player could log in every three days and potentially have three 150 token payouts waiting for them for 450 total. Now that same player will log in after three days and find only two 50 token payouts waiting.
  • Options
    LMYYYKS wrote: »
    Let's just say the new payout scheme, instead of helping lower level players (which isn't happening), is punishing ANYONE who doesn't play 3 matches a day by forfeiting 100 tokens

Exactly
  • Options
    They could have just said they have tweaked the payout structure to try to get more people playing in the Arena, and I'm not sure people would have batted an eye other than to argue it might not work. But the explanation given insulted our intelligence because simple math showed it not to be true. As noted above, the change helps no one but could slightly hurt anyone who does not play 3 arena battles but does log in to collect the tokens. If the explanations are consistently open and accurate, people will be less likely to look for ulterior motives or hidden agendas with change.