How To Read New Healthbars? -- Dev Comment

Yudoka
1274 posts Member
edited April 2016
Anyone figure this out yet?

At first, I thought the shorter bars represented your protection, and once depleted the original bar would show up. But that's not the case. The new stumpy bar is your health and protection in one.

So how do you tell what's the protection portion and what's the health? Currently, protection reads as zero on character windows. Has this portion just not been implemented yet?

I did a rank 25 arena fight and a GW fight and currently can't really tell any difference on longevity in characters.
They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.

Replies

• Options
    Apparently the update is coming in stages. The most recent one just updated some visuals and sounds it seem. So protection is still not in the game. It should be added later today.
  • Options
    There should be three bars now when your character reaches (I think) Gear Level 7 or higher:
    • Protection Bar
    • Health Bar
    • Speed Bar

When the Protection Bar depletes, then your Health Bar (the traditional green bar you're used to) will begin to deplete.

Hope that helps! :smiley:
    Lead Game Designer (Live), Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    That's what I figured. I guess maybe we'll get the full picture later today.

I wonder when the damage adjustments will take live (if not already)?

Looks like almost everyone received a reduction.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    Some of you were complaining about understanding the new HP bars so here it is.
    It used to be the case that each segment represented ~1,000 HP. But when you have a character at 10,000 and a character at 20,000 (maxed Rex) you can't tell the difference. So they changed to where each segment represents ~2,000 HP. So just count the segments. If you want a critical finish that deals 4,000 damage that will work with 2 segments remaining rather than 4 remaining.
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    There should be three bars now when your character reaches (I think) Gear Level 7 or higher:
    • Protection Bar
    • Health Bar
    • Speed Bar

When the Protection Bar depletes, then your Health Bar (the traditional green bar you're used to) will begin to deplete.

Hope that helps! :smiley:

Can we get some insights as to why the health bars were changed? Most of us don't like it.
  • Options
    But can you see why kids love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch?
  • Calus_78
    504 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @CG_NotReallyAJedi

Maybe the protection bar should be overlapping the health bar. We are not ****, and will be able acknowledge when the potection bar is depleted the health bar starts. Grey bar to start (protection) once depleted a full green (health) bar takes its place.

I'm guessing only reason for not just increasing the health bar was because healing would feel over powered?